Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Nick Art
A350-900: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-359

Front business class cabin includes rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Mini business class cabin includes rows 9 and 10.

Rows 1 and 9 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

The toilets are between rows 8 and 9.

Some prefer the mini cabin for its more intimate size.

Row 9 are just in front of the wing. Row 10 are on top of the wing.
Uneven rows have the window seat next to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat next to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

Service begins from row 1.

A330-300: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-333

One business cabin (between doors 1 and 2) rows 1-8 in 1 x 2 x 1 seating.

Row 1 have larger foot wells, thus are desirable.

Uneven rows have the window seat close to the aisles. Even rows have the window seat close to the window, leading to slightly more privacy.

The toilets and galley are located after row 8.

A321neoLR: https://www.aerolopa.com/sk-32q

One business cabin rows 1-7 in alternating 2 x 2 and 1 x 1 seating.

Uneven rows are in 2 x 2 configuration, while even rows are in 1 x 1 configuration. The single seats have two armrests and offer more privacy and thus are desirable.

The toilets and galley are located in front of row 1.

Print Wikipost

SAS Business [merged experience reports]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: SK*G (EBD)
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
was always denied my upgrades that I had earned...
Just out of curiosity - how did you "earn" the upgrades?
Old Sep 23, 2021, 3:26 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by JR67
Just out of curiosity - how did you "earn" the upgrades?
It was the ask at the gate to upgrade using earned SK miles process. Swedish staff at CPH were noticeably worse at this than Danish staff at CPH, back when it was of greater relevance to some.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Just got off my Haneda to Copenhagen flight. Pretty light load, there was 11 people on the flight in total. I was seated in 1A. There were 3 passengers in J.

The seat is fine, the screen is on the small side, and the selection of inflight entertainment abysmal.

The crew was very proactive throughout, they did not use the empty flight to just disappear and do nothing. Since I was awake and watching movies they came by ever so often to check if they could bring me something. The tone was fairly Scandinavian casual, but engaging and talkative. Very pleasant service from the three crew members covering J at various points.

The food was good. I have had better on planes. But I have certainly also had far worse (hello US3 looking in your direction). Three hot choices for both meals. I had the vegetarian pasta for the first meal and a pork tenderloin for the second meal. The one complaint would be that cheese and dessert was cut in favour of a box of chocolates. Excellent chocolates but still. The Gosset champagne is an excellent option.

FIrst meal

Second meal

Based on this flight, I'd be happy to fly SK J again.
SKT-DK, RoyalSwazi and romans like this.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Le Club Accor
In Europe or national flights ? Lounge ? with SAS Plus fares ? ...Oslo to Cph ? or MUC to OSL ? Thank you for response.
Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by gioannis13
In Europe or national flights ? Lounge ? with SAS Plus fares ? ...Oslo to Cph ? or MUC to OSL ? Thank you for response.
Umm say what now?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The food was good. I have had better on planes. But I have certainly also had far worse (hello US3 looking in your direction).
Based on your description and pictures I can't relate to this statement. At least Delta consistently serves me better food and drinks than SK in portion sizes that are meant to fill an adult.

The vegetarian pasta looks dreadful. The most appealing item in your pictures is the bowl of fruit but it has enough fruit in it to leave a toddler hungry.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Based on your description and pictures I can't relate to this statement. At least Delta consistently serves me better food and drinks than SK in portion sizes that are meant to fill an adult.

The vegetarian pasta looks dreadful. The most appealing item in your pictures is the bowl of fruit but it has enough fruit in it to leave a toddler hungry.
There was more than plenty of food in those portions. I did not eat all that was served. The pasta could indeed have been more photogenic, but the flavours were good. I often find that vegetarian pasta dishes on airlines doesn't look like the best option.

I only had sparkling water, Gosset Grand Brut and coffee. I what better champagne Delta is serving these days? American and United certainly can't be compared. Delta a few years back served Charles Heidsieck which was decent, but the latest Canard Duchene is certainly nowhere near the CH from earlier, nor the SK choice of Gosset.
​​​​​
​​​​
Old Oct 19, 2021, 4:52 am
Suspended

I've had better meals in Delta business class TATL and TPAC than I've ever had with SAS; but I've also had some decent meals with SAS long-haul flights. But as the physical seats get better with SAS long-haul business class, the food hasn't headed in the same direction; and it seems less consistent as well. The food with Delta TATL/TPAC business class has held up better for my tastes, and it's also been more consistent.

I am a water person while traveling, so I don't really have my focus on the quality and consistency of the alcoholic beverages on offer. So there's my more sober assessment.
Daner likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
. I what better champagne Delta is serving these days? American and United certainly can't be compared. Delta a few years back served Charles Heidsieck which was decent, but the latest Canard Duchene is certainly nowhere near the CH from earlier, nor the SK choice of Gosset.
​​​​​​​​
Which reminds me of a late night ATL-CDG on Delta in 2018... during boarding a well aged FA was walking thru the aisles offering everyone 'champagne' as pdb and making a big deal to remind everyone that she learnt that when she started flying with Pan Am Some of the french pax made it a point to point out to her that she was holding a bottle of prosecco
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Which reminds me of a late night ATL-CDG on Delta in 2018... during boarding a well aged FA was walking thru the aisles offering everyone 'champagne' as pdb and making a big deal to remind everyone that she learnt that when she started flying with Pan Am Some of the french pax made it a point to point out to her that she was holding a bottle of prosecco
It is a classic. Though there is a linguistic tendency in the US to group all sparkling wine under champagne.

If only the United PDB sparkling alcoholic fluid was a prosecco. I am not sure what they serve, but it certainly is borderline "cruel and unusual punishment".

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Oct 19, 2021 at 5:40 am
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I've had better meals in Delta business class TATL and TPAC than I've ever had with SAS; but I've also had some decent meals with SAS long-haul flights. But as the physical seats get better with SAS long-haul business class, the food hasn't headed in the same direction; and it seems less consistent as well. The food with Delta TATL/TPAC business class has held up better for my tastes, and it's also been more consistent.

I am a water person while traveling, so I don't really have my focus on the quality and consistency of the alcoholic beverages on offer. So there's my more sober assessment.
No preferred brand of sparkling and non sparkling water?

Speaking of, the sparkling water came from Copenhagen and had overnighted with the plane.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:38 am
Suspended

No preferred brand of sparkling and non sparkling water?
As long as it's not plane tank water, something in a glass bottle -- maybe Voss in a glass bottle to keep it in the Scandinavian family.

Tap water quenches my thirst in SAS business class, if I bring my own; but I do drink from those plastic bottles of Carte d'Or or Aquafina or whatever SAS puts in economy class as part of its limiting free drinks in long-haul economy class.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 19, 2021 at 5:44 am
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Perhaps she was being geopolitically sensitive since Aeroflot is a Delta partner.

If serving Russia, French sparkling wine from Champagne is not to be called champagne/champanskoye and must instead be called sparkling wine.

Is SK 7011 gone for good? [Presuming that was the Moscow-ARN flight number before it became OSD's.] SAS business class on that must have been pretty poor right before that Moscow service stopped.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I'm not very invested in the Champagne on offer either, I'll enjoy a glass but will opt for cocktails and liquor which are all vastly superior on US3 unless you appreciate Norwegian Gin or Swedish Whisky I guess.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:04 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I'm not very invested in the Champagne on offer either, I'll enjoy a glass but will opt for cocktails and liquor which are all vastly superior on US3 unless you appreciate Norwegian Gin or Swedish Whisky I guess.
Danish whisky is pretty decent - but overpriced...I bought some (Stauning) last time I visited - as we sampled some at a festival...Kaos was the best of the ones I bought...

I wonder if they put any on SAS flights then?
SK2751 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.