Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Will flight [segments] on other Star Alliance carrier count towards gold level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

New member, first post. Tried searching and sorry if this is common knowledge to all.

I'm trying to get to EB Gold level by number of flights (45) and not points. Wondering if flights on other SA carriers (this case Lufthansa) qualify in that category?

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2015, 1:56 pm

Welcome to the board!

No, only flights on SK metal, Widero or SK wet-leased like QA or JO

By the way, you should avoid SA for Star Alliance since most here will mistake SA as South-African Airlines. Better use *A.
Old May 21, 2015, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Thank you very much! So guess I'll be looking for SK flights on the same route then
Old May 21, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
Originally Posted by fassy
Welcome to the board!

No, only flights on SK metal, Widero or SK wet-leased like QA or JO

By the way, you should avoid SA for Star Alliance since most here will mistake SA as South-African Airlines. Better use *A.
Hi, are you sure
Checking my points balance, it looks as if the *A flights are counting for basic points....but it could just be SAS dodgy way of showing it...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old May 21, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
*A flights should count as Basic points and Award points (although you won't get your 25% EBG/EBD bonus). I usually qualify for EBG (by points, not segments) with only 50% of my flights on SAS. I would not manage EBG if *A did not earn Basic points. *A flights just won't count for qualifying by segments as those need to be on SAS flights.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You do get basic points for flights on other *A carriers which are qualifying level points. The flights just don't count towards qualification on number of segments, such as the 45 for gold.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
To be clear, you can certainly qualify for eurobonus gold without ever flying SAS. Points on LH for example (while miserly) are basic points and thus get you towards your goal.

You become a Gold member with
45 000 Basic points* with SAS, 
Estonian Air, Wideroe, Atlantic Airways and Star Alliance carriers.

If you on the other hand want to get there by qualifying legs, These need to be on SAS or Wideroe

see here:

https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...p-levels/gold/
Old May 26, 2015, 5:41 am
Suspended

Hi OP,

You asked about qualifying with legs flown (45). These must be on SAS or direct partners as mentioned.

See second paragraph here:
http://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/a...p-levels/gold/

I see there's a lot of confusing information in this thread, but not everyone speaks English that well and they may have simply misunderstood your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.