Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Pilot strike 21-28MAY2015 [updated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 27, 2015, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
28MAY15
Traffic disturbances 21MAY15-28MAY15 (28MAY15 07:35 UTC)
Strike is over. The Norwegian pilot union, NSF, signed an agreement 28MAY15. Normal traffic expected from 29MAY15.

Traffic program 28MAY15

SK907/SK908 OSL-EWR-OSL 28MAY15 cancelled
SK943/SK944 CPH-ORD-CPH 28MAY15 cancelled
SK983 CPH-NRT 28MAY15 and SK984 NRT-CPH 29MAY15 cancelled
SK995 CPH-BJS 28MAY15 SK996 BJS-CPH 29MAY15 cancelled
Passengers will be rebooked by SAS.

Note: Travel Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document on above cancelled flights. Passengers may be rebooked to other SK operated flight or to Star Alliance partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.
If above rules not followed, ADM might be sent.
Traffic program 27MAY15
SK907/SK908 OSL-EWR-OSL 27MAY15 cancelled

Traffic program 25MAY15
SK983/SK984 CPH-TYO-CPH 25MAY15 cancelled

Traffic program 24MAY15
SK935/SK936 CPH-SFO-CPH 24MAY15 cancelled.

SK943/SK944 CPH-ORD-CPH 24MAY15 cancelled
SK997/SK998 CPH-PVG-CPH 24MAY15 cancelled
SK907/SK908 OSL-EWR-OSL 24MAY15 cancelled

Traffic program 23MAY15
SK997/SK998 CPH-PVG-CPH 23MAY15 cancelled.

Traffic program 22MAY15
Normal operations.
Note: SK935/SK936 CPH-SFO-CPH is operating.

Traffic program 21MAY15

Denmark:
A few flights affected, mainly long haul destinations
SK943/SK944 CPH-ORD-CPH 21MAY15 cancelled
SK997/SK998 CPH-PVG-CPH 21MAY15 cancelled
SK935/SK936 CPH-SFO-CPH 21MAY15 cancelled.

Passengers rebooked by SAS.

Norway:
A few flights may be affected
Sweden:
Many flights affected. Already cancelled flights will not be reinstated. Normal operations to be expected after 14.00.
SK945/SK946 ARN-ORD-ARN 21MAY15 cancelled. Passengers rebooked by SAS.

Check availabilities and flight information.

SK Charter not affected.
Rebooking of cancelled flights

Passengers holding SK/117-document with SK cancelled flights may be involuntary rebooked.
Return tickets may be rebooked both outbound and inbound.
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked. Same origin and destination.
New date of travel must be on/before 31AUG15.
Tickets must be marked with:
FE invol reissued due strike on SAS

Group PNR:s on SK: Use original group reservation and make a new group request and queue to SAS. If group request, or part of request is rejected, follow below procedure:
A new reservation must be made in lowest or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked. Same procedures as for individual passengers. Important to cross ref new and old PNR number on RM element.
Rebooking to other airlines for SAS offices

SK operated flights cancelled within 24hours of original departure time, may be rebooked to Star Alliance partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.
Note:SK operated flights cancelled more than 24 hours before departure, may also be rebooked to Star Alliance partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.
Star Alliance members:
A3, AC, AV, BR, CA, CM, ET, JP, LH, LO, LX, MS, NH, NZ, OS, OU, OZ, SA, SN, SQ, TG, TK, TP, UA and ZH.
If no availability on any Star Partner, other operating carriers, with whom SK have an interline agreement can be used.
Tickets must be marked with

Group PNR:s on OAL: SK operated flights cancelled within 24hours of original departure time, may be rebooked.
OAL rules must be checked before any rebooking is made.
Use original group reservation and make a new group request and queue to OAL. If OAL reject the group request, or part of the request is rejected, follow below procedure:
If rebooking OK, a new reservation must follow OAL class mapping table or rebook in lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked. Same procedures as for individual passengers. Important to cross ref new and old PNR number on RM element.
Rebooking and ticket reissue for Travel Agents of cancelled flights

Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document with SK cancelled flights.
Rebooking to be made on SK operated flights only, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

FE invol reissued due to strike on SAS

Travel Agents handling Group reservations
If a booked flight is affected by strike, request new flight in original PNR and queue to Agent Group sales for assistance.
See procedures for Group PNR:s on SK and OAL.
Refund

Refund permitted for cancelled flights.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors

Hej,

i just stumbled over the news that there could be a strike by Swedish pilots this Thursday.

http://www.di.se/artiklar/2015/5/19/...ejk-hotar-sas/

SAS is expecting that the strike will not take place, but if talks break down it could become an interesting Thursday.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Disgusting, hope they all get fired if they do strike. Am supposed to be on SK997 after a connecting flight from ARN on Thursday.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Disgusting, hope they all get fired if they do strike. Am supposed to be on SK997 after a connecting flight from ARN on Thursday.
I like you.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
any updates? I am connecting in ARN today and tomorrow
Old May 20, 2015, 2:04 am

I wonder what this is with all these strikes nowadays. In Germany the train drivers, post service and kindergardens, from time to time the pilots, in Denmark the FAs, in Sweden now the pilots...

I really wonder in which fantasy world they are all living?

- extorting the employer to adjust the company strategy because the lowly employees want to have it a specific way - or not?
- getting more money for the same work on a regular yearly base to compensate inflation while there hasn't been any measurable inflation the last few years
- reducing working time to ridiculous 36 hours a week while in other jobs 40 is the norm and most people work much more?

I'm really lost here... ok, I'm earning probably double or perhaps three times as much money a train driver in Germany makes but hey, I a) spend a long time in University to qualify, b) have double the hours a week for sure and c) I'm not at home every evening - and if I'm home in the evening I probably still need to work to prepare for the next day. So, I wouldn't be surprised if I really calculate my effective hourly rate a regular train driver or even kindergarden keeper earns more money with less stress.

Yes, I choose the career and job - but so did they. They want more money and better conditions? Qualify, look for a better employer or job but don't f**k up everybody else live buy senseless strike actions all the time.

In my opinion strike action in matters of public services (transportation, health services, etc) should be heavily regulated by the states - like it was when all of these guys were state employees some 20 years ago.

/RANT OVER
Old May 20, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If you don't agree with the terms of your employment, talk to your employer to have them adjusted or find employment elsewhere. If you do not have the qualifications to get employment elsewhere and bank on your Scandinavian "impossible to fire" perk, do your job and suck it up. Striking should be flat out forbidden, the impact to the entire society for the benefit of a handful is not justified.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I really dislike the fact about 'you can't fire people' - this really gives them a chance to try to strike to get more. I can understand from their point of view - why not go on strike to see if we get more. I also think the strike is something the union has to do - since they collect $ from their members they have to do something to show that they are there for them.

I was shocked when I heard about the teachers in Denmark went on strike a while ago - they said they work under pressure - which was ridiculous IMO (compared to any teacher in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Singapore......those teachers are under real stress).

Also strike doesn't qualify for insurance claims or EU 261 - so SAS or any other companies that are affected don't have to compensate the passengers (not that they didn't loose $ but I see us as passengers are being the victim here).
Old May 20, 2015, 5:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fassy
I wonder what this is with all these strikes nowadays. In Germany the train drivers, post service and kindergardens, from time to time the pilots, in Denmark the FAs, in Sweden now the pilots...

I really wonder in which fantasy world they are all living?
Well, these are folks working for large corporations who have seen their wages stay flat and productivity being driven up in the past 10 or so years. Now that the economy is consistently growing and the employers reporting good numbers, they are scratching their heads and thinking why they should be paid less or the same for more work. Hence the disgust. Since the management has better things to do than listen, they resort to the options at their disposal.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
Now SAS also prepares for a strike.

http://www.flysas.com/en/info/

SAS prepares for a possible strike among Norwegian (NSF) and Swedish (SPF) Pilot unions on May 21

The Norwegian and Swedish Pilot unions have issued a strike warning May 21 2015. We are determined to find a solution with the pilot unions on a new collective agreement but we regret to inform that we are forced to cancel some flights to avoid a situation where many customers and crew would be stranded at the wrong destination. Primarily flights to, from and within Sweden are effected but minor traffic disturbances may occur on other destinations as well.

We will update our homepage with more information continuously. Please check status on your flight here (lank).

Preliminary affect on traffic program 21 may

Norway

Sweden
Many flights will be canceled.

Denmark
A few flights may be affected, mainly Long-haul destinations.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
More details:

Code:
20MAY15
Strike warning 21MAY15 among Swedish and Norwegian pilots on SAS (20MAY15 15:00 UTC)
One of the Norwegian unions (NSF) and in Sweden (SPF) have announced a strike among pilots on SAS from 21MAY15, 00.00 LT.
Preliminary traffic program 21MAY15

Denmark:
A few flights may be affected, mainly longhaul destinations
SK935/SK936  CPH-SFO-CPH 21MAY15 cancelled  
Norway:
Sweden:
Many flights may be affected 
SK945/SK946 ARN-ORD-ARN 21MAY15 cancelled

Check availabilities and flight information.

If the conflict becomes a fact, traffic disruptions will have most impact for traffic to/from/via Arlanda Airport.
Note: Wet lease carriers are not affected.
Following airlines will operate for SAS according to schedule: DC, JO, KF, PV (SVG-HOU) and QA.

SK Charter not affected.  
Rebooking of cancelled flights

Passengers holding SK/117-document with SK cancelled flights may be involuntary rebooked.
Rebooking to be made in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked. Same origin and destination.

Rebooking to other airlines for SAS offices

SK operated flights cancelled within 24hours of original departure time, may be rebooked to Star Alliance partners, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.
Star Alliance members:
A3, AC, AV, BR, CA, CM, ET, JP, LH, LO, LX, MS, NH, NZ, OS, OU, OZ, SA, SN, SQ, TG, TK, TP, UA and ZH.
If no availability on any Star Partner, other operating carriers, with whom SK have an interline agreement can be used.

Rebooking and ticket reissue for Travel Agents of cancelled flights

Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document with SK cancelled flights.
Rebooking to be made on SK operated flights only, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked.

FE invol reissued due to strike on SAS  
Rebooking of not cancelled flights

Passengers holding SK/117-document with SK operated flights departing to/from/via STO and on SK long haul flights 21MAY15-22MAY15, may rebook the ticket once, free of charge.

Rebooking to be made on SK operated flights only, in the same booking class, or lowest available booking class in the same service class as originally booked. Same origin and destination.
Original ticket must be issued on/before 20MAY15.

Tickets must be marked with: FE invol reissued due strike on SAS
Rebooking and ticket reissue for Travel Agents of not cancelled flights

Agents are authorized to involuntary rebook and reissue SK/117-document with SK operated flights to/from STO and on SK long haul flights departing 21MAY15-22MAY15.
Rebooking may be made once, free of charge. 

Original ticket must be issued on/before  20MAY15.

Tickets must be marked with: FE invol reissued due to strike on SAS
Refund

Refund permitted for cancelled flights.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:48 pm

I am in ARN right now with my flight to LHR being cancelled.
First we had to get our onward-flight tickets from the departures area where we waited for about an hour to get them. I am now flying with LH over FRA, which means I loose my Premium Economy seats.
The hotel could not be booked upstairs (although there were about 10 employees sitting around checking in new luggage for flights - only there are no new flights!) so we had to go back down to Arrivals where at the small 1 person baggage-collection desk we could wait again for about 90 minutes to get a hotel. All hotels in ARN and apparently (so I was told) all of Stockholm are fully booked so I am now booked in a small hotel in a village 15 minutes by taxi.

I got a 200 SEK (24$) voucher to get some food at the airport which basically is a salad without drink if you dont want to go to McDonalds.

This is truly ridiculous and SAS will hear from me.

I am going to eat a big steak now and they will pay for it.

Learn to f***ing run an airline! I know that there is nothing the airline can do about a strike, but there are certainly a lot of things they can do to make the experience of the passengers better in the event of a strike. SAS failed to do this outright completely.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Good old SAS IT holding up as expected: OLCI and the flight status pages are unavailable ("The system is unavailable for the moment", having been hanging since lunchtime) and the strike information page has given me 504 Gateway Timeout responses all evening. Surely SAS knew their systems would come under heavy load?
Old May 20, 2015, 5:35 pm

So the Swedish and Norwegian pilots are on strike. Spoiled children they are. I have no sympathy what so ever for these small farts

Have a IAD-CPH flight on the 22nd - for now it seems to be OK. But not so for the SFO route. But SAS also states that if any more flights are being cancelled it is likely to be long haul routes. Would be really upset if I got my weekend spoiled just because overpaid pilots do not feel like going to work that day. I have not sympathy for these guys what so ever. Fire them - let them fly FR or DY or whatever they feel like.

Last edited by FT Guest xyzpdq; May 20, 2015 at 6:26 pm
Old May 21, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
It has just been announced that an agreement has been reached with the Swedish pilots and that this part of the strike is over. Let´s see how long it takes to get the regular schedule up and running again.

Note that the Norwegian pilots are still striking/threatening to strike - currently 6 Norwegian pilots are striking with potentially more to come.

Source (in Danish): http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2015/05/21/092245.htm

Svantevit
Old May 21, 2015, 2:59 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AY Gold, FB Gold, BT VIP
Looks like flights between OSL and ARN have been cancelled: https://avinor.no/flyplass/oslo/flyi...sjon/avganger/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.