Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with lounges at CPH airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Flew with BA some days ago and was sent to the Aviator lounge upstairs. On the oneworld-site it says that BA uses the CPH Apartment Lounge. Are these lounges actually the same? At the stairs there was only a sign that says aviator lounge but when you looked up to the first floor you could also see a poster in the window which says CPH Apartment lounge. Are there two lounge upstairs ? Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
This happened to me 2 years ago. I think we should be using the cph apartment but somehow the entrance towards there was blocked. The lounge dragon told me to go into the Aviator lounge. Could it be that they didn't expect that many paid guests on that day so that they simply only using the normal lounge?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I think the CPH Apartment is only for Emeralds, or passengers connecting to first class. for sapphire and business class passenger it is the Aviator lounge.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

so there are two lounges upstairs with the one on the left being the aviator lounge ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:06 am
Suspended

Maybe this thread would be better suited for the BA Executive Club forum? I could be mistaken, but I may have missed the relevance for SAS Eurobonus.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Maybe this thread would be better suited for the BA Executive Club forum? I could be mistaken, but I may have missed the relevance for SAS Eurobonus.
It depends on whether you use the SK lounge or Priority Pass - some people might prefer using the PP even though they have status with *A.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think the CPH Apartment is only for Emeralds, or passengers connecting to first class. for sapphire and business class passenger it is the Aviator lounge.
When I fly Finnair, I get access to the apartment lounge as a Finnair Plus Silver member (Ruby), so I'm not sure this theory holds. Maybe airline-specific?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by niksal
When I fly Finnair, I get access to the apartment lounge as a Finnair Plus Silver member (Ruby), so I'm not sure this theory holds. Maybe airline-specific?
At least for BA it seems to be linked to Emerald, but it can indeed vary by airline as it is not a Oneworld lounge. It could also relate to congestion, and a few other things.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Meilensammler
so there are two lounges upstairs with the one on the left being the aviator lounge ?
Correct
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
It depends on whether you use the SK lounge or Priority Pass - some people might prefer using the PP even though they have status with *A.
That's great. Still nothing to do with SAS Eurobonus, though.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Thank you for answering my question. Needed this for a lounge-review that I am going to write and so I used this forum because I thought that Eurobonus members are the most likely audience regarding CPH airport. Thread can be closed/removed if needed. Thanks again.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Thank you for answering my question. Needed this for a lounge-review that I am going to write and so I used this forum because I thought that Eurobonus members are the most likely audience regarding CPH airport. Thread can be closed/removed if needed. Thanks again.
Sorry to cause grief. I still don't think this has anything to do with SAS Eurobonus as much as I don't think travel tips for Scandinavia has, even if this may be where people knowledgable about Copenhagen/Stockholm/Oslo are.

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Apr 29, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's great. Still nothing to do with SAS Eurobonus, though.
Not about Eurobonus programme at all - but if someone flying SK have PP/Diners and wanted to ask for info, I'd imagine this forum will be the best place to start.

Sorry to cause grief. I still don't think this has anything to do with SAS Eurobonus as much as I don't think travel tips for Scandinavia has, even if this may be where people knowledgable about Copenhagen/Stockholm/Oslo are.
True but I think due to the high time cost in Scandinavia, Scandinavia based FTers are usually gather in this forum but not the Nordic countries forum. I saw some post about DY in this forum too - that also has nothing to do with SK.

Maybe a sub-forum about CPH/ARN/OSL/HEL here?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I also like that we are slightly open in this forum to discuss other airlines and lounges in Scandinavia. I wouldn't have time to monitor more forums.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite for Life, AA Platinum, United Gold
CPH Lounge

Flew with BA some days ago and was sent to the Aviator lounge upstairs. On the oneworld-site it says that BA uses the CPH Apartment Lounge. Are these lounges actually the same? At the stairs there was only a sign that says aviator lounge but when you looked up to the first floor you could also see a poster in the window which says CPH Apartment lounge. Are there two lounge upstairs ? Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

I just visited today and it is a shared entry with the Apartment and the Aviator Lounge. I am platinum on AA and was flying Air Berlin so I got into the Apartment. I asked what the difference was and they told me that the Apartment was a bit more high end, more business class and better food.

I also have Priority Pass from AMEX and could have gone to the other club as well.

Finally my last name is Gold and they got confused by my status! Very glad I got in!

The food was soup, bread, cheese, eggs, tuna and desserts. Plus wine, beer and booze. Overall a very quiet and relaxing lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.