FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Star Alliance Gold benefits on SAS | SK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/2067781-star-alliance-gold-benefits-sas-sk.html)

Yarrick Apr 27, 2015 10:27 am

Free seat selection for Star Gold?

I just booked CPH-SFO-CPH and it was free for me as A3*G to choose seats after. The text still says it is only free for SAS Gold and above.

Is this a glitch or a recent change?

fassy Apr 27, 2015 2:17 pm

Sounds like a glitch, should be EBG/EBG only

duvin Apr 28, 2015 12:17 am

Works for me on TK*G and A3*G

jamesclandestine Apr 28, 2015 1:23 pm

does that apply to bookings you already made as well?

duvin Apr 29, 2015 2:52 am

Originally Posted by jamesclandestine (Post 24734516)
does that apply to bookings you already made as well?

Yup, mine are all made on flysas.com and FF# was entered when booking.

diesel2k Apr 29, 2015 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Yarrick (Post 24727594)
I just booked CPH-SFO-CPH and it was free for me as A3*G to choose seats after. The text still says it is only free for SAS Gold and above.

Is this a glitch or a recent change?

Everyone can select seats when flying intercontinental on SAS. The question is if you could select ALL of the seats in GO? Some of the seats you have to pay for if not SAS Gold.

fassy Apr 29, 2015 3:35 am

Originally Posted by diesel2k (Post 24737663)
Everyone can select seats when flying intercontinental on SAS. The question is if you could select ALL of the seats in GO? Some of the seats you have to pay for if not SAS Gold.

Oh, yes... you're right. On Intercontinental flights SK allows ASR for free but you have to pay for "Preferred Seats" which are free for EBG/EBD.

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...at-selection/#

On shorthaul only EBG/EBD have free ASR.

jamesclandestine Apr 29, 2015 7:55 am

my bad I thought we were talking about european legs.. :(

Yarrick Apr 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by diesel2k (Post 24737663)

Yes, I got an exit row seat, row 31.

nacho Apr 30, 2015 2:08 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 24737704)
Oh, yes... you're right. On Intercontinental flights SK allows ASR for free but you have to pay for "Preferred Seats" which are free for EBG/EBD.

https://www.flysas.com/en/travel-inf...at-selection/#

On shorthaul only EBG/EBD have free ASR.

I don't think ASR is free for SK GO:

SAS Go passengers can choose their preferred seat for a fee or starting 22 hours before departure free of charge.

If you compare the wording in Go and Plus, then you'll see that if you fly Plus you can get ASR for free. Basically SK offers you ASR if you pay - and only for the better seats. You can choose your seat when you check-in online.

nacho Apr 30, 2015 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Yarrick (Post 24740135)
Yes, I got an exit row seat, row 31.

Please report back if you really get your seat. I did it with LH using my *A G, I "seemed" to got all our seats assigned. Then at OLCI we didn't get the seats assigned. I think it was definitely a glitch - another reason to avoid LH.

js200 Apr 30, 2015 2:31 am

Originally Posted by jamesclandestine (Post 24738548)
my bad I thought we were talking about european legs.. :(

Just to add a few data points; I've been able to choose seats for my last 3-4 intra-European flights as a UA*G... including exit rows. It's probably a glitch but who am I to complain :)

AlwaysFlyStar Apr 30, 2015 6:59 am

Originally Posted by js200 (Post 24743460)
Just to add a few data points; I've been able to choose seats for my last 3-4 intra-European flights as a UA*G... including exit rows. It's probably a glitch but who am I to complain :)

I've gotten free seat selection on intra-Europe since at least last September as *G and for a flight booked this coming July, not only for myself, but for my non-status companion as well. It has worked on all of my past 8ish flights with no problem.

FlyingMoose Apr 30, 2015 7:25 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar (Post 24744134)
I've gotten free seat selection on intra-Europe since at least last September as *G and for a flight booked this coming July, not only for myself, but for my non-status companion as well. It has worked on all of my past 8ish flights with no problem.

Did the non-status companion get seat assignments when traveling on a single itinerary with yourself (the status holder)? Because that will work, if she booked individually it shouldn't have.

AlwaysFlyStar Apr 30, 2015 7:31 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose (Post 24744220)
Did the non-status companion get seat assignments when traveling on a single itinerary with yourself (the status holder)? Because that will work, if she booked individually it shouldn't have.

Yes. We are on same reservation. (But I am only *G, nothing with Eurobonus)