Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Enhancements (real ones!) from April 1st

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Enhancements (real ones!) from April 1st

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
It's mildly reminiscent of a penal system where, on entry, all your possessions and freedom are taken away and then you are given back certain incentives for "good behaviour": internet access, choice of drinks, personal space (if the softblock works), checked baggage.

(somewhat off topic rant: I was on a domestic BA flight recently and the unbundling of checked baggage led to a ten minute delay before pushback as bags were gate checked or rammed in closets. "Decent" airlines like SK and BA will hopefully soon see that baggage unbundling decreases aircraft utilisation (increased turn around times) but I think the solution will be to reduce the carry-on luggage allowance rather than go back. Being top of the price comparison websites is all that matters.)
Old Apr 8, 2015, 4:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by klmml

(somewhat off topic rant: I was on a domestic BA flight recently and the unbundling of checked baggage led to a ten minute delay before pushback as bags were gate checked or rammed in closets. "Decent" airlines like SK and BA will hopefully soon see that baggage unbundling decreases aircraft utilisation (increased turn around times) but I think the solution will be to reduce the carry-on luggage allowance rather than go back. Being top of the price comparison websites is all that matters.)
Ugh, yes. HBO fares are in-coming, that's for sure. SAS will run from their position on 'always included with SAS' faster than an American to dollar savings on Black African-American Friday.

I wish there'd be an airline with a sharpened focus operating out of Scandinavia.

Close SAS, keep DY as the Scandinavian cattle airline and then make an airline that heavily markets its position as the luxury & business airline. My hypothesis would be that this could work if focusing squarely on high-yield European and long-haul routes.

Join OneWorld to stay connected to other places and say buh-bye to flights to Luleå and weird places in Norway (let the Norwegian state pay on its own for keeping all these villages alive).

This, of course, won't happen. We need dem flights to Estonia and Tromsø on old aircraft with overpaid waitresses!
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus
I just booked GO from OSL - EWR in September with the family .... so will be testing the "free drinks"

Also from the seatmap row 40 seemed to be the Emergency exit (and was avail) - so I guess that means we will be on an upgraded version of the 330's.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: A3 *G
I totally agree. You have to experience 200 Greeks all trying to fit their maximum size (plus a bit probably) carry-on's into 767 overheads to realise how a previously efficient boarding process has been ruined by this. BA used to be my airline of choice from ATH-LHR but actually, I would say that their new baggage policy is the SOLE reason I am now Star Gold instead of One World. After the third time I wrote them a rather long but polite complaint but just received a stock reply. I wonder if they even realise that they are driving customers away or is it all worth it - being at the top of the comparison website (which they are NOT btw). The worse thing about the BA system is that any bags that are remotely small enough to go under a seat are tagged as such at checkin and you are forbidden from placing them in the overheads. So... sensible packers get to lose their personal space while people who push the rules to the limits retain their legroom! On my final flight with them I actually took a much bigger bag than I needed and padded it out with old newspapers just so I could keep my under-seat space free. Crazy! Anyway, as you say, totally off topic but I just had to rant...
Old Apr 9, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Reducing carry-on allowance isn't the solution. Improving luggage handling at airports is.

If my bag is on the luggage belt - that I have to pass anyway - by the time I get there, I'm more than happy not to have any carry-on. Being able to avoid carry-on would actually be an improvement to travel as it is a hassle and more often than not costs time and creates frustration in security.

The unfortunate reality is that there are still plenty of airports where you end up waiting 30-40 minutes on your luggage. Something which is completely unnecessary in 2015.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Svantevit
.... Letīs just hope that we wont have to fight for the drinks with some FAs who didnīt get the memo.
Happy to report that I had no issues with getting free drinks on the CPH-FRA-CPH trip I took this week. Just had so show my EBD Card and my coke was free^

Svantevit
Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: SK, LH, BA, AF
Was flying FRA-CPH the other day.
Asked for a Bloody Mary...showed my EBD and free it was.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:17 am

No problem getting free drinks on the PVG-CPH on the weekend with the Diamond card. One lady seemed a little confused but then remembered (she was totally polite), but the others were all fine. The guy I requested a Mikeller Red lager from was very happy to run up to Business Class to get me one, once he worked out I was Diamond, so it seems like this is actually worth something now.

OT, but darn that Mikeller Red Lager is a cracking beer.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
So you can actually ask for drinks from C?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.