Wiki Posts
Search

EB Points on AA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:24 am
Original Poster

EB Points on AA?

Hi,

I'm trying to book CPH-SFO and on the way back they just offer AA from SFO to ORD and SK from ORD to CPH.

I'm not sure why they don't have a UA flight to ORD, IAD or EWR but I wonder... do you get EB points on the AA leg?

Thanks
fassy
Old Mar 7, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Hi,

I'm trying to book CPH-SFO and on the way back they just offer AA from SFO to ORD and SK from ORD to CPH.

I'm not sure why they don't have a UA flight to ORD, IAD or EWR but I wonder... do you get EB points on the AA leg?

Thanks
fassy
Hard to say why there's only AA availability on your chosen day/time/booking engine. Maybe you should try to book somewhere else? And no, you won't get EB points on the AA leg.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Hmmm, seems to be the specific day. On all days around it the have connections with UA. Very weird.

Anyway, just booked the direct flight now. The connections were to much hassle for the 200$ saved.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
SK still has an alliance with US/AA and Virgin America. Flights on UA are just bookable because of *A.

The worst is that you won't get a single point on those AA legs.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You don't get points on AA but you can obviously credit the flight to your OW program of choice. I've credited SK+AA flights to EBG and BAEC with no problems.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You don't get points on AA but you can obviously credit the flight to your OW program of choice. I've credited SK+AA flights to EBG and BAEC with no problems.
Really?
The one time I tried, the reply from AA customer care was that despite flying on their metal, it was not their ticket (SK 117) and that made me ineligible for points credited to my AAdvantage account. Hadn't thought about trying another OW FFP.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by AirportGeekCPH
Really?
The one time I tried, the reply from AA customer care was that despite flying on their metal, it was not their ticket (SK 117) and that made me ineligible for points credited to my AAdvantage account. Hadn't thought about trying another OW FFP.
While not being AA, I just credited my US flights (on 117 stock) to BA without any issue.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

If SK offers a ticket in this combination they should at least give you the miles on the AA segment. That is at least my opinion. I'm exclusive *A flyer, have no use for a couple of stray miles on OW.

Anyway, problem solved. Will go direct.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by AirportGeekCPH
Really?
I have had no problem retroclaiming AA flights to the BAEC that where issued on SK stock as a roundtrip. I fly ARN-ORD-SAT a few times a year since there is no direct flight from Europe.

Originally Posted by fassy
If SK offers a ticket in this combination they should at least give you the miles on the AA segment. That is at least my opinion. I'm exclusive *A flyer, have no use for a couple of stray miles on OW.
It is the same problem when you use their partnership with AS from ORD. No miles unless you credit them to one of their partners (most SkyTeam and Emirates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.