Wiki Posts
Search

rebooked 3 days ahead, rights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
rebooked 3 days ahead, rights?

I have just been rebooked on a Monday flight from 6am to 10am. The delay at destination about 4 hours (short haul, Schengen). I have been informed less than 72 hours in advance. And it pisses me off, as it makes my extremely stressful work week about 4 hours shorter. Should I bite my lips, or shut up, or should I pursue compensation. Opinions?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:52 am

Claim compensation, takes like two minutes and it will cover the cost of a good meal and decent bottle of wine at a higher class restaurant to calm down.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

I guess I will wait until after the flight. Just to avoid pissing them off and rescheduling me again This would cause a real mess of my schedule. It is actually very strange that they cancel a CRJ flight 3 days in advance. They should have capacity to arrange any trouble that appeared.

(I seriously hope that they cancelled, and not offloaded an EBD member due to overbooking...)
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:07 am

I guess it is due to the move out to Cimber and some messed up schedules they need to fix now. I actually just booked a flight CPH-MUC on SK operated Cimber with CRJ900 end of March. This is kind of unexpected soon...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
If you have a flight number we can keep an eye on the flight on line and see if it's indeed cancelled.

For compensation: just claim. You have rights.

I'd personally give them a call and tell that you can't have this rescheduling, especially not on such short notice. See with one of their call center agents if there are alternatives.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Anyone knows how to claim the compensation? Our CPH-DUS flight last night was cancelled (they cancelled with less than 12 hours notice and the explanation was lack of staff) and were re-booked to a flight this morning. SK told us to fill in the feedback form but the form doesn't have the choice of EU 261.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:31 pm

If we're talking about this form here:

https://www.sas.no/en/customer-relations/feedback-form/

I'd say either 'delay certificate' or 'complaint'.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wazow
I have just been rebooked on a Monday flight from 6am to 10am. The delay at destination about 4 hours (short haul, Schengen). I have been informed less than 72 hours in advance. And it pisses me off, as it makes my extremely stressful work week about 4 hours shorter. Should I bite my lips, or shut up, or should I pursue compensation. Opinions?
Before pursuing compensation you should look for better travel options and request that SAS reaccomodates you at no extra cost.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
Before pursuing compensation you should look for better travel options and request that SAS reaccomodates you at no extra cost.
Just tried, and they do not agree to rebook outside SAS (strange ...). They offered me to fly a day before, but that is destroying my scarce family time. The agent was quite insisting that they only rebook on their own metal. This is actually the first time I have met such a firm attitude from SK. They have rebooked my on other airlines many time before.

Out of the two evil choices, I'd rather be late to work, than loose half of my Sunday re-accommodating SAS.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 3:51 am

Just tried, and they do not agree to rebook outside SAS (strange ...). They offered me to fly a day before, but that is destroying my scarce family time. The agent was quite insisting that they only rebook on their own metal. This is actually the first time I have met such a firm attitude from SK. They have rebooked my on other airlines many time before.

Out of the two evil choices, I'd rather be late to work, than loose half of my Sunday re-accommodating SAS.
I think they _have_ to offer alternative routings on partner flights. Call in again, if there is a suitable flight available they should rebook you on Monday morning.

BTW. OS cancelled a flight MUC-VIE some weeks ago and when the LH agent in MUC tried to rebook me on the next flight to VIE which was on LH he got a call from the back office "You can't, OS told us not to rebook anyone on LH, he needs to go with the next OS flight". Of course I pushed back and was on the LH flight an hour later but I wonder what kind of foul scam the carriers try to pull here? I arrived just acceptable 90 minutes late instead of 5 hours or more - and of course it was weather related so if I had taken the later OS option there would have been no compensation...

Last edited by fassy; Mar 7, 2015 at 4:06 am
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:55 am

Try to call again. And again. Just until you meet a competent idiot.

In case they cancel so long ahead you actually have to be accommodated on an option that is also feasible for you.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

They actually had the guts to suggest that I should cancel, get a refund, and buy myself a ticket on a partner airline on my own dime (they go for 5000kr for Monday morning, just checked). I don't want to waste time on calling more. I will definitely pursue compensation though, now that they pi..ed me off.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:17 am

Incredible piece of SK customer friendliness with a really brilliant suggestion. Print it out and hang it over your bed. You won't find a pearl like this any time soon again.

Without irony, I wish you all the best in getting compensation.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:22 am
Original Poster

I have just tried to apply. The form displays an empty window after pressing 'send'. So I have no idea if it worked. I hope it did (I wouldn't like to spam them with 10 attempts, if it worked).
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:51 am
Original Poster

I have just tried to apply. The form displays an empty window after pressing 'send'. So I have no idea if it worked. I hope it did (I wouldn't like to spam them with 10 attempts, if it worked).
Just got an email confirmation that they received my request. So I guess the empty window is the expected UI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.