Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Old Mar 16, 15, 4:39 pm

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
DISCLAIMER: I wouldn't mind food improvement in the CPH lounge at all; although I am pretty happy as it is now (and I am not Scandinavian descent). The food is not impressive, but I guess the CPH lounge is not where I search for impressive food.
Old Mar 17, 15, 12:23 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by sydunipete View Post
I was there Sunday 15 March 2015. Upstairs the WiFi was working, but it was slow. !
I was trying the Wifi even more high upstairs in the sky, flying SAS over CPH and I tried for curiosity to turn on Wifi and for a moment it flashed the SAS WiPoint lounge network available
Old Mar 20, 15, 3:30 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by wazow View Post
DISCLAIMER: I wouldn't mind food improvement in the CPH lounge at all; although I am pretty happy as it is now (and I am not Scandinavian descent). The food is not impressive, but I guess the CPH lounge is not where I search for impressive food.
The food is terrible, if you end up having to leave the lounge to get something mediocre to eat then the lounge by itself is defeating the purpose.

I don't expect them to serve MASH steak in the lounge, but a basic offering of a handful of warm items would be a major improvement.
Old Mar 20, 15, 4:50 am

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
When I was there for an evening flight, there were DIY Danish hotdogs and varmroegetlaks (smoked salmon - not raw), which is better than the undrinkable tomato soup.
Old Mar 20, 15, 8:31 am

Not sure what other here are expecting from an airport lounge? They are not supposed to be Michelin rated restaurants, luxury spas or replace an upperscale hotel - it is a better waiting area for airline customers who either pay some small extra or get it as complimentary service for their loyalty.

There are very few lounges in the world which really stand our like the FRA FCL but those come at a steep price for the traveler.

For me an airport lounge needs to separate me from the regular crowd, a place to sit down and relax or work, have a couple of light drinks and coffee available and provide some snacks. That's it and I think the CPH Gold lounge is one of the better ones in Europe providing all that.

If you want high class service and an amazing lounge experience, pay LH First or similar. Remember that SK doesn't not get any extra from the ticket sales to operate the lounge next time you walk in on a 499SEK ticket CPH-OSL
Old Mar 20, 15, 9:17 am

I for one actually believe that the lounge (upstairs) - and the food served - has improved quite a it over the past year. I for one is by and large a happy customer.

Nice roomy lounge, quite decent selection of food and drinks.

Can I find better lounges around the worlds. Absolutely.
Do i find the LH Sen lunges better: Not really. Some are really bad - but visit rarely over the past few years
And to compare the upstairs CPH lounge to a UA RC lounge is laughable.

Can not talk to the downstairs one - since it has been a while my kids where so small it dictated to be close to the play room.
Old Mar 20, 15, 3:02 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Originally Posted by fassy View Post
Not sure what other here are expecting from an airport lounge? They are not supposed to be Michelin rated restaurants, luxury spas or replace an upperscale hotel - it is a better waiting area for airline customers who either pay some small extra or get it as complimentary service for their loyalty.

There are very few lounges in the world which really stand our like the FRA FCL but those come at a steep price for the traveler.
Have you tried the TK lounge at IST? Where you get message, great food etc.). The LH lounge in FRA was nothing to write home about (wanted to use the MLL but it was to far). However the Sen lounge at IAD was good.
Old Mar 20, 15, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I think it is getting a bit worn over the years but it is still a decent lounge. I wish the food were a tad better. The hot smoked salmon is one of the better things one might find there.

Danish hot dogs? Yikes. The red ones? That's embarrassing.

The Senator lounges in MUC and FRA have improved greatly since they are recently renovated with nice furniture. I like their food at breakfast.
Old Mar 20, 15, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Have you tried the TK lounge at IST? Where you get message, great food etc.). The LH lounge in FRA was nothing to write home about (wanted to use the MLL but it was to far). However the Sen lounge at IAD was good.

I'm talking about the LH FCL not the regular LH SEN lounge in FRA which indeed is not great but like the CPH SK lounge a decent place to get a rest, some drinks and snacks.

True enough the TK IST or also the TG lounge in BKK are nice but comparing Asian or middle eastern airport lounges with European or Scandinavian ones is hardly fair. They can provide stellar service with a tiny fragment of the cost associated with it.

Why should a airline in Europe bear that cost for the huge host of freeloaders flashing shiny *A Gold cards and keep the ticket price down? (not what I think, but what I think, they think )

Last edited by fassy; Mar 20, 15 at 4:00 pm
Old Mar 20, 15, 4:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: SAS Diamond (Star Alliance Gold), BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum.
Have you tried the TK lounge at IST? Where you get message, great food etc.).
How can they afford this? There are a gazillion *G out there (Aegean hands them out like candy).
Old Mar 20, 15, 4:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: SAS Diamond (Star Alliance Gold), BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum.
Originally Posted by gnaget View Post

Danish hot dogs? Yikes. The red ones? That's embarrassing.
You! Talk nicely about our beautiful, native traditions! *shakes fist*
Old Mar 21, 15, 2:25 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by CKCPH View Post
How can they afford this? There are a gazillion *G out there (Aegean hands them out like candy).
Labour, property cost, and taxes are likely peanuts at IST comparing to Kastrup.
Old Mar 21, 15, 3:01 pm
aro

If there was complimentary Wifi at CPH (and perhaps a renovation of the restrooms), there would be no reason whatsoever to visit the lounge at all. Some great food and drink options in the airport these days.
Old Mar 22, 15, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by aro View Post
If there was complimentary Wifi at CPH (and perhaps a renovation of the restrooms), there would be no reason whatsoever to visit the lounge at all. Some great food and drink options in the airport these days.
WiFi is free - you just need to sign of for CPHs loyality program CopenhagenAdvantage (which is free - and only an offer e-mail a couple of time a month). Then you are online throughout the terminals - and part of the taxiway system
Old Mar 22, 15, 2:24 am

Programs: Only Gold card I have is at F24Seven :D
Originally Posted by aro View Post
I agree on this, but not the pricing of food&drink

Search this Thread
Search Engine: