Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus members: How many of each tier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eurobonus members: How many of each tier?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by CKCPH
I think you're right. It's still a hell of a lot of extra EBGs, now earning 25% more EB points. Even with the new earnings, 45.000 points really isn't any sort of barrier when you get the earnings bonus.

Also: Pandions can give away a Diamond card.* I wonder if they can give away EBG as well? I'm pretty sure SAS IT can't handle a differentiation in Diamond status (and they shouldn't, I guess - if an EBP perk is to give away EBD, then those getting EBD should get all the benefits).

I truly think they'll have to either make more cuts to EBGs soon - or vastly expand the lounges, fast track capacity, priority boarding lines (good thing they aren't enforced in Scandinavia anyway, huh?).

*I know this for a certain fact. I know some of thrive on questioning everything that doesn't come from users with 10,000 posts and a Swedish name, but you can believe this or not. It's still true.
I'm not doubting you at all, but now I am curious. Do you have a more complete overview of the benefits of Pandion? Would 2 gold cards or 4 silver ones instead of 1 Diamond also be possible, for example? Any other benefits? Maybe 2 items per qualification period from the goodie bag?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, AMEX Platinum, EBG
Originally Posted by CKCPH

I truly think they'll have to either make more cuts to EBGs soon - or vastly expand the lounges, fast track capacity, priority boarding lines (good thing they aren't enforced in Scandinavia anyway, huh?).
This is the one major bugbear I have with SK, it's priority boarding for priority passangers, if the great unwashed try to board early send them to the back of the line, if they don't like they should buy better tickets or fly mopre often!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't know if they can cut *A obligations just like that but the general "problem" is actually the wide *G benefits so easily available if you can play your game well.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:48 pm

I'm actually stunned how many seats ony next long haul trip are already taken. Assuming only a small percentage of people pay for ASR there has to be a huge number of SK*G in the cabin.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
I'm actually stunned how many seats ony next long haul trip are already taken. Assuming only a small percentage of people pay for ASR there has to be a huge number of SK*G in the cabin.
It depends a bit. If it is a flight where travel agents have bought tickets for groups of people they may well have paid for / agreed to be seated together.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Iberia Plus
I also find this question interesting - I've also wondered about how many elites there are of each tier. However I'm torned when it comes to setting qualifying requirements. I agree on the fact that 45' BP isn't much but however i consider 45 segments to be 'enough' for EBG. It might be based on the fact that I mainly travel for leisure. However I realize and respect that the EBD and EBP:s should receive special attention, more than me as a EBG, but I don't get why an option would be to distinguish between EBG in Go or Plus on SK metall? Saying that I 've also seen the amount of elites at fast-tracks and in the lounges but my impression of that is that there also is some *A gold-holders - not just EBG/EBD/EBP:s
Old Mar 3, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: EBD
I still wonder why it's considered a diamond perk to give away a goldcard: it just creates longer lines in FastTrack and absolutely no seating in the gold lounges, so what's in it for me as a diamond customer? I'd rather have some free upgrade vouchers which also might be cheaper for SAS to hand out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.