Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:01 pm
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)

This is a merged thread discussing the EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) status level and its benefits, as well as for providing experience reports traveling with EBP status.

-----

SAS & EuroBonus Introduction / Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by Nick Art; Jul 10, 2023 at 12:05 pm
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver

Hi

Can anyone shed some light on the previous years' timing for pandion status communication?

What is the expected requirement for making it in terms of points and / or money spent?

Do you know how far backs they look?

ScandiGB
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:20 pm

I think it was around 250k to 350k SEK in the past. Not sure about the period but I guess same as the regular qualification period.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
I think it was around 250k to 350k SEK in the past. Not sure about the period but I guess same as the regular qualification period.
I think it has always been at one point during the year, and I believe it is some time in February or March.

ScandiGB
Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:48 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
True, it's been in the first quarter of the year and it's -at least for what I've been told- always been based on the spending in the previous calendar year.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by UltraRant
True, it's been in the first quarter of the year and it's -at least for what I've been told- always been based on the spending in the previous calendar year.
Did any Pandion members in here get their status confirmed for the coming year yet?

ScandiGB
Old Feb 28, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Did any Pandion members in here get their status confirmed for the coming year yet?
Nothing so far.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Nothing so far.
Are you Pandion? (Profile says EBD)?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:19 am

Does anyone know if money spent via OptionTown also counts towards Pandion status (and if so, which share)?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:16 am

I don't think so. And even if, I guess if you try to qualify by a couple of hundred Euros on OT upgrade you're not to close the range they are looking for
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:01 pm

Well, thank you for valuing me.

"Every little bit helps", said the mouse and he peed in the ocean.

How about I put in a few thousand of euros in multiple OT upgrades last year and thus having a few tens of thousands of SEK that might make the difference? I got an overview of how much money went to SK last year from my company on my behalf, I know how much I put in in private money and I know how much went in via OT. Now if I do the math and if the 250k SEK is true, I might actually be a candidate...

Anyway, what's the reason you believe it doesn't? I do assume that sooner or later the majority of the OT upgrade money gets to SAS...

EDIT. Especially quite a lot of last minute tickets actually made the travel costs significantly higher than I would have assumed. I did fly quite a lot on SK and WF last year (well over 80 legs in total), all in all most were in Plus for short and medium haul and I ended up in Plus and biz on long haul.

EDIT EDIT: Does anyone know whether WF, as being the company poodle of SK, also is taken into consideration for this calculation?

Last edited by UltraRant; Mar 1, 2015 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Well, thank you for valuing me.

"Every little bit helps", said the mouse and he peed in the ocean.
Haha! This is how I help global warming by sleeping with open windows and the heaters on max. What? I like a breeze, but my precious behind cannot get cold, you see.

I'm rooting for you! I'd love a Pandion thread (like the old ones in the forum) from your sharp and witty pen.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by CKCPH
I'm rooting for you! I'd love a Pandion thread (like the old ones in the forum) from your sharp and witty pen.
Thank you for your compliments and faith in me. In case I won't make it this year, I can make you a very good deal. If you help by sponsoring some flights on SK for me, in such quantities that Pandion cannot be missed, then I will get you the Pandion thread you are looking for in the year thereafter.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Thank you for your compliments and faith in me. In case I won't make it this year, I can make you a very good deal. If you help by sponsoring some flights on SK for me, in such quantities that Pandion cannot be missed, then I will get you the Pandion thread you are looking for in the year thereafter.
Hmm ... this could be fun in some way. How about this: I sponsor DKK 500.000 flights in one year but it has to be in Go and you have to sit in middle seats? During that year, you'll eat nothing but what you can buy from the lovely inflight selection and you'll have to film it so we can win an Oscar for Best Documentary (due to its shocking and inhumane themes). Your only social interactions can be with grumpy octogenarians aka. SAS FAs.

You'll probably receive it posthumously, though ... and that may defeat its original purpose?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
Are you Pandion? (Profile says EBD)?
I'm EBD but with the qualifying spend for Pandion the last 2 years it would come as an absolute surprise if I wouldn't make it this year. Spend during 2014 is well above 500k SEK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.