Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Congratulations! I really like to read this little Life as a Pandion blog.
Thanks - I will keep you updated. I will let you know how it is in 2019 compared to 2017. I expect limited difference to be honest.
jerjeffr and Nick Art like this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:03 am

Card arrived this morning.
Box the same black card-board box as two years ago. Card looks unchanged. Same for two included bag tags.
Benefits have very slight improvements, but generally unchanged:
- Priority phone service
- Promise of a welcome gift to be sent out in the coming weeks (new, and not clear what it is)
- Free Quintesseally concierge service
- Goodie bag choice in addition to the above
- Guaranteed seat if ticket is booked 24 hours before departure
- 2 extra bags checked in on SAS and Widerře (same as diamond I believe)
- Guaranteed award seats in Scandinavia and Europe (new! Potentially valuable)
- 35% discount on "best availability" tickets
- 40% boost when bidding for an upgrade
- Always lounge access regardless of carrier flown and conference room access in Copenhagen (same as before, but now formalized)
- Free food and beverage in go
- Give away one diamond or two gold cards
- Promise of exclusive events and special offers (when previously London based this included e.g. a Christmas Lunch invitation, and Lucia in St. Pauls Cathedral)
- Credit card discounts same as Diamond - but card design reflect Pandion level
- Unspecified special privileges with Elite hotels, Hilton (Gold VIP), Park Inn, Scandic, Radisson, Thon hotels
- Hertz Presidents Circle membership, Sixt Advantage Circle, some slightly vague Avis benefits

I still expect the main benefit to be that they have a special team handling requests and that they go out of their way to accommodate requests when something goes wrong.

ScandiGB
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:05 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by ScandiGB
- Promise of a welcome gift to be sent out in the coming weeks (new, and not clear what it is)
I'd be hoping to have your name put on the side of a plane
SK2751 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:14 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I did around 80 flights on Star Alliance last year. 95% is on SK metal and 90% is short haul (mostly LHR to CPH). In Europe it is 85% in plus and long haul it is 75% business 25% plus or so.
So give or take 76 flights on SAS. Then 68 of those in short haul and 8 in long haul. Assuming 2000dkk for the short-haul and 25000 for the longhaul that brings your guesstimated spend to ~336000dkk?

That confirms the lack of transparency and very strange calculation if I hold mine and the spend of various others against that.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
So give or take 76 flights on SAS. Then 68 of those in short haul and 8 in long haul. Assuming 2000dkk for the short-haul and 25000 for the longhaul that brings your guesstimated spend to ~336000dkk?
Shorthaul for me is typically full freight booked within 48 hours of departure and average c 3.5K per segment.

You need to look over several years but agree it is not transparent.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
So say your spend is closer to 438000DKK then which is about $60k. I've gone various years closer to twice that number (on SK metal) but SK doesn't seem to think my money is green enough. I did an analysis last year with a Pandion colleague, his spend was at $72k while mine was at $93k and guess who didn't make Pandion. Our expense tools produce numbers in $, hence the conversion.

I've essentially stopped flying SAS in this qualification year a few weeks in when I had qualified Diamond again so I'm not in the run any longer but I've had at least 5-6 consecutive years of far greater spend.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
So say your spend is closer to 438000DKK then which is about $60k
That is probably the right order of magnitude. Even if your exchange rate is slightly low.

I assume you are aware that it is only spend on SK metal that counts (no codeshare, *A, etc)
Old Jan 4, 2019, 12:04 am

Welcome gift turned out to be a fairly nice cashmere scarf for winter use. Very discrete Pandion bird on it.

Also: still check in luggage on go-light tickets.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 3:22 am

2020 status confirmed

For anyone who may be interested 2020 Pandion status just got confirmed. Seems to be in line with previous years at least from a timing perspective.

During the past year there has been no real change to benefits. Recognition is good on long haul and mixed on short haul. That being said they have gotten good at not charging for products when coming around with the trolley in GO.

Biggest benefits are in my view:
- guaranteed seat availability even on fully sold flights. That works.
- you can take an earlier flight even when travelling in GO.
- you can call the service desk and ask them to release points tickets for long haul business flights. They manage that for most requests. Works great with MasterCard premium benefits.
- when there are issues of any kind they REALLY go the extra mile to solve things.

ScandiGB
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:23 am
Moderator: SAS
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
For anyone who may be interested 2020 Pandion status just got confirmed. Seems to be in line with previous years at least from a timing perspective.
Did you get another scarf for requalifying?
Old Oct 31, 2019, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Did you get another scarf for requalifying?
Not yet. I think that only came some time in December. I would expect it to be something else this year. It was nice though.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
So I logged into my Eurobonus Premium Mastercard this morning and to my surprise it updated to a Pandion card(Diamond before and got an email from Mastercard saying that a new card is on it's way but I always get a new one every year regardless).

I haven't received any welcome package - but I also changed my address not to long ago so it's not impossible that it's been sent to my old address.

Do they issue Pandion in different batches or does it only happen once a year? Could it simply be that Mastercard made a mistake?

Is it wishful thinking or could it be that I actually became Pandion? I've been in Pandion spend territory the last few years, so I'm really hoping that it isn't a mastercard mistake
Old Nov 21, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by MrCharming
, so I'm really hoping that it isn't a mastercard mistake
I received the MasterCard mail that a new card is on the way as well.. but for me just the black/white one which is not mistake... So I guess you made the cut this year!
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Originally Posted by fassy
I received the MasterCard mail that a new card is on the way as well.. but for me just the black/white one which is not mistake... So I guess you made the cut this year!
Would be a tease and a half if its just a mistake

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.