Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS | EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) [Experiences and Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS | EuroBonus Pandion (EBP) [Experiences and Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:41 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
From previous comments and experiences it appears only revenue to SAS on SAS metal counts. My spend on SK8000/SK8001 did not get me Pandion last year.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:57 am

Programs: Eurobonus D, AirBerlin G, Millimiglia EP
Originally Posted by ScandiGB

1. It is relative. I.E. it is the 2000 highest spenders.
Not necessarily, as it has been communicated elsewhere the 2,000 EBP are divided between NO, DK, SE and rest of world with ~500 in each group. Earlier in this thread there is a post of an EB member who got Pandion after a move from Scandinavia to Switzerland, and by nature it should require less $ spent per year if you belong to the rest-of-world group.

Last edited by Canad; Nov 17, 2016 at 8:45 am
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Is the pandion spend based on members spend or only on spend for members own travel?

Last edited by kauppias; Nov 17, 2016 at 9:01 pm
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kauppias
Is the pandion soend based on members spend or only on spend for members own travel?
Depending on how you mean members spend rather than spend for members own travel.

There are probably some CEOs controlling major travel contracts with SK that gets a card.
But if you mean a member paying for the family's travel, in all likelihood not counting for the payer's Pandion card.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:57 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Ok, thats what I meant.

I travel alot and purchase tickets for many on the same flights so I was curious.

Not just Family, but every bit counts, just not for Pandion

Thanks for the input. Now I just have to wait for the family pooling to return
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:37 pm

Programs: SK Pandion, BA Silver
Experience so far

Thought I would provide a bit of insight into the experience so far.

While the initial letter was received in November the welcome package arrived around 10 December. The package explicitly states that the card is valid only during calendar year 2017 and the end date is 12/17 (i.e. No link to qualification year for member).

Until now when I log in the system still says I am diamond.

Since then I have travelled Plus in Europe once return - No difference from other trips - and a single flight in economy.

On the economy flight I wanted to test the system. I asked for a diet coke, a sandwich, and black coffee. I got an offer for two different sandwiches and two mint chocolates with my coffee. No payment was asked for (despite still having to pay for the sandwich as an EBD). This may have been a nice cabin crew or my status may actually be in the system before it officially kicks off.

On 25 December I then had a QR flight together with my better half. As she was flying in to CPH from elsewhere we met 5 hours before departure at the airport.

With a bag to check and checkin opening only 3 hours before the flight but with SAS being handling agent for Qatar in Copenhagen this provided another opportunity to test Pandion.

At the SAS service desk I politely asked if it was possible to check in a bag.

I was told only three hours before the flight.

I noted i was in Business class and would appreciate the help.

Unfortunately not possible as check check in only opens 3 hours before the flight.

I said "I understand, but I am Pandion with SAS and i would really appreciate not having to wait here another 2 hours..."

Then she started trying. She called various people for the next 10 minutes pushing to see if there was anyway she could also it. Eventually She was declined by someone at Qatar who would not allow it. She tried and I believe made a real effort but in the end it did not work.

After checking in 2 hours later and learning that QR's usual lounge was closed (along with 95% of the shops and restaurants on Christmas Day) I decided to try the SAS lounge with my EBP card. No problem. Allowed in without further questions despite being on a completely different carrier who is quite unlikely to reimburse SAS.

So far that is my experience. I guess in line with - maybe slightly on the positive side of - expectations.

It will I'll be interesting to see when the status in the system actually changes.

ScandiGB
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:40 am
Suspended

Thank you for this! Please keep us updated, ScandiGB. However un-Scandinavian it might be, I think it's awesome to hear some aspirational stories.

Re. the Qatar situation, I think QR has to release the flight to its handling firm before they can do anything - and that there are pretty strict pre-set rules when it's not SAS itself. I think quite literally she had no way of getting the flight up on her screen. She might've tried to get the luggage cleared and then attaching it to you manually later, which she would've been denied with reference to security risks.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Very interested to read some more as well and if anyone is willing to (privately is fine) disclose their spend amount over the past 3 years prior to obtaining Pandion that be very welcome for some analysis.

I've once again outflown, outspend and outtraveled my two Pandion colleagues (who had their status renewed) by a good margin but have apparently not qualified. This shows once again that the AAL-CPH travelpass commuter is of greater value to SAS than the passengers keeping their long haul Business class filled. I've changed all my SIN travel to SK963/964 instead of SK8000/SK8001 so that could not have affected my qualification this year if it did previously.

I'll be focussing the first half of 2017 on completing my BA LTG but will re-enter the race immediately after.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Very interested to read some more as well...
Will post a bit here every now and again.

Only update I can give so far is that the system still has me as EBD when I log in although the Pandion Status has officially begun.

pandion.flysas.com logs me into the same diamond page as previously.

Not a big deal as I have not been flying on 1 January, but it does beg the question, why they did not update it in late December if they are incapable of doing it on the day?

As a side note my membership year is the same as the calendar year and the earnings have in fact been reset, so something did happen over night.

ScandiGB
Old Jan 1, 2017, 5:27 am

Will post a bit here every now and again.

Only update I can give so far is that the system still has me as EBD when I log in although the Pandion Status has officially begun.

Not a big deal as I have not been flying on 1 January, but it does beg the question, why they did not update it in late December if they are incapable of doing it on the day?

As a side note my membership year is the same as the calendar year and the earnings have in fact been reset, so something did happen over night.

ScandiGB
1+
Same for me, but i will fly a SK flight today..

Hope they fix it before my flight 18.00 tonight!

Not Happy (Pandion?) Diamond member.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:34 pm

The system still has me as EBD when I log in although the Pandion Status has officially begun.

As of this morning the system recognises me as Pandion

ScandiGB
Old Jan 4, 2017, 11:12 am
Suspended

Very interested to read some more as well and if anyone is willing to (privately is fine) disclose their spend amount over the past 3 years prior to obtaining Pandion that be very welcome for some analysis.

I've once again outflown, outspend and outtraveled my two Pandion colleagues (who had their status renewed) by a good margin but have apparently not qualified. This shows once again that the AAL-CPH travelpass commuter is of greater value to SAS than the passengers keeping their long haul Business class filled. I've changed all my SIN travel to SK963/964 instead of SK8000/SK8001 so that could not have affected my qualification this year if it did previously.

I'll be focussing the first half of 2017 on completing my BA LTG but will re-enter the race immediately after.
While we're spoiled with two Pandions here this year, I would've absolutely enjoyed upping your anger about being served cold bricks of salmon with the backing of granting you Pandion status. "Excuse me? I'm Pandion. What is this pile of cold garbage I'm being served?!"
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:24 pm

Its one thing to not live up to expectations but its another to completely take the piss of your customers...
The problem is not exclusive to short-haul...
If virtually everyone is disappointed with it on every single flight then as a company you need to wake up...
Either scrap it completely or do it right, don't stick to this grey area in between full of disappointment. I really don't mind paying for normal food but I'm not given the option...
Of course with short-haul you actually have the option to get something normal to eat at the airport but you really shouldn't have to if you did in fact pay for a meal during the flight...
For some crews asking for a bottle of still water has posed a challenge, clearly the pick what you want formula isn't working either. I've also often found that items from the menu flat-out where not available...
If you buy Plus-saver tickets 6 months in advance for your annual travel the cost/product ratio is indeed 'fine'. If you buy full fare Plus tickets the day before your travel it is really bad, primarily because of the product.
That is not an option for most people, for some it is cost prohibitive and for others time prohibitive. I'd love to fly to Oslo on BA/LX from ARN but that would be nonsense. Naturally I will when it makes sense.
The hard product itself is indeed above average and I have little complaints other than the overly repeated problems with the food, service and IFE. I often pick SK over others when the price and time traveling are similar simply because of the excellent wifi that allows me to work during the flight. However, I do find it disappointing to see that what in my opinion are far worse airlines get SK's pain points right and that is because they are extremely trivial issues to correct.
@Flyingmoose
I have a different view of the product and of the service delivered. I am happy to go through them if you want, but I think it is pointless. I do however think your view that "virtually everyone" being disappointed is wrong and certainly does not include me.

I have one question though. If they are that bad, why don't you vote with your wallet and feet and take your travel elsewhere? Between competitors I am sure you can find alternatives on most routes.

Your discontent makes me wonder whether your expectations are not aligned to the service they advertise or reflect more on yourself than on the airline?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:13 am

Always acess to Stockholm City Lounge

One benefit of Pandion which is confirmed is that you always have access to the City Lounges. For me that is useful as i often have time to kill in Stockholm during the day and no office here. There is no need to hold a ticket within 24 hours as Pandion.

I have not seen any posts about the No18 lounge, so here is a quick description:
- It is basically the top floor of No 18 which is a lounge/shared office space.
- It is a trendy space with an eclectic array of designer furniture. It is not the normal SAS lounge setup.
- The lounge includes a bistro that has a daily salad and a daily main course for sale and which seems to be used by other No 18 users. I have not tried them, but they look nice enough.
- Coffee, water, tea is for free. Other drinks I suppose can be bought in the bistro.
- The prices seem reasonable (in so far as paying for anything in a lounge is reasonable). A main course is around SEK 125 and the salad is around SEK 100.
- Internet works very well.
- On my visit the access desk was manned by a very nice young lady who was helpful and friendly. A big improvement on some of the "Dragons".
- There is no free access to the rest of No 18 facilities (including unfortunately the gym).
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:46 am

A few updates as Pandion.

On shorthaul there is very minimal difference on board in plus (3 trips). Once or twice an extra smile or "have you had a good day?" comment. But minimal difference.

In Go (2 trips) free drinks and snacks works flawlessly. No remarks or questions asked on either trip. Just handed over what I asked for with a smile. No payment requested.

Big positive: changing to an earlier flight at the gate has been no issue even with cheapest ticket. At first the answer on one occasion was that I had to be in plus (when travelling go), but when asking if it was not possible as a pandion it very clearly was. Even when doing this and entering as last passenger catering worked without flagging I was pandion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.