Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Question about the new Business Class rollout

Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, BA Bronze

So I am eagerly anticipating the new SAS Business Class cabin. I just booked a trip to Chicago in mid September and I noticed that on my outbound flight the seat configuration on SK943 is reflecting the new business class configuration. However, on my return flight with SK946 its still showing the old configuration.

My question then is whether the seat map is accurate and that I will be getting the old business class cabin on my way home, or if SAS has simply not updated all the seat maps yet?

Thanks for any input anyone might have on this
Old Feb 3, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
SAS doesn't get all planes refurbished simultaneously. It is thus well possible that you fly out with the new C and back with the old one. Things can change though, as September is still far away. Just keep an eye on this thread to see how the refurbishing is going:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...de-thread.html

Furthermore, change of equipment can always happen -even at the last minute- due to, for example, unforeseen circumstances.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:23 pm

I recently asked Customer's service about my september flight to SFO. They told me, that the new cabin most likely would had been implemented at that time. If that's true, all A330's will have been refurbished, as the material on SFO-routes are being refurbished last. I'm pretty sure, though, that SAS is using their wet-lease A330 on some Chicago departures, which in any case will not be refurbished.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:05 am

We are booked on the late flight EWR/CPH in the summer, showing an A340. I have seen mention of the "dreaded LAN" planes….is it likely what we will be flying? What is "dreaded" about these planes. We'll be in J. TIA.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Originally Posted by Mickidon
We are booked on the late flight EWR/CPH in the summer, showing an A340. I have seen mention of the "dreaded LAN" planes….is it likely what we will be flying? What is "dreaded" about these planes. We'll be in J. TIA.
If you are in J, i don't think it is a worse product than the non-refurb sas products. seat is more lie flat than the old sas seat. I should say that I haven't flown it in Biz myself-

My impression is that the biggest problem with that bird is with the sas plus section which is basically a giant waste on that plane, and with the entertainment system which there have been many problems with. Anyone else with thoughts on the C cabin on LN-RKP?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
The funny part is that the C cabin on the LAN plane is actually not too bad. It's just that economy extra is a total scam. Eco, in addition, is ready for refurbishing and has been for quite some years.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: TK*G OZ*G AA Plat
Originally Posted by DeninDK
If you are in J, i don't think it is a worse product than the non-refurb sas products. seat is more lie flat than the old sas seat. I should say that I haven't flown it in Biz myself-

My impression is that the biggest problem with that bird is with the sas plus section which is basically a giant waste on that plane, and with the entertainment system which there have been many problems with. Anyone else with thoughts on the C cabin on LN-RKP?
I flew LN-RKP in C about 10 days ago. Great experience. The seats are much better than the "old" (i.e. current on most SK planes) C seats on the SK fleet, in that they are more lie-flat, and just in general seem newer. The C seats on SK planes that I flew last year were worn our and clearly in need of replacement (actually mine even broke -- got stuck in reclined position).

Food was interesting too, though I realize that's not a function of the particular plane. I had deer cheeks for lunch.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:40 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The new J is staggered, but which orientation is best for a window seat—1A or 2A (or 3A)? Which gets you closer to the window and with the added privacy of having the storage on the aisle side?

Any other caveats to watch out for? Downsides to bulkhead? Seatmap is wide open, so I can pick pretty much anything.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Even rows get you the seat next to the window, uneven at the isle side. Caveat wise, if you value sleeping on the Eastbound journey, don't take a seat in the back of the Business cabin. SK FA's have shown repeatedly to be unable of displaying the common decency of being quiet in the galley so passengers can sleep.

Westbound you might want to pick an A seat in the back of the cabin, unless you have global entry or other means of bypassing lengthy immigration queues.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by UltraRant
The funny part is that the C cabin on the LAN plane is actually not too bad. It's just that economy extra is a total scam. Eco, in addition, is ready for refurbishing and has been for quite some years.
Did SK maintain the former LAN Premium Business seats on these A340s?
Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first
Did SK maintain the former LAN Premium Business seats on these A340s?
Yep - the former LAN plane has maintained its business seats. And in Q1 new Plus seats are put in place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.