Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Asiana + SAS check in, in Seoul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I posted this in Asiana but not many replies, so I try SAS.

I have 2 segments

1) ICN to NRT
2) NRT to CPH

on 2 different booking numbers.

Am I able to check in in ICN through to CPH without go through Narita immigration ?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
I posted this in Asiana but not many replies, so I try SAS.

I have 2 segments

1) ICN to NRT
2) NRT to CPH

on 2 different booking numbers.

Am I able to check in in ICN through to CPH without go through Narita immigration ?
Normally the transfer security at NRT will allow you through if you just have a printed e ticket. Asiana should be able to check your luggage through. It usually works on Star Alliance I don't know if SK has a transfer desk airside to check you in, but I would guess one of the ANA desks can help you. So as long as Asiana can check your luggage through, I would say you can take care of the rest airside. But I have not tried before...

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 26, 2015 at 12:38 am
Old Jan 26, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
From my personal experience you probably won't be able to check in all the way to CPH from ICN with OZ, as you have 2 different PNRs. As CPH-flyer states, you might (only if you're lucky and find a competent ground agent, according to my experience) be able to already check your luggage through to CPH. If you manage to do so, I'd absolutely try to find a transfer desk at NRT and see if they can issue your boarding pass: that's what transfer desks are for, right?

Alternatively, you may be able to print your SK boarding pass in Korea already with the on line check in? Then you don't need a transfer desk at all...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:24 am

Programs: TK*G, SK*S, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I have done this route many times (also through PEK) and I never had any problems as long as it is on one ticket. If you have two different tickets, then you need to claim your bags at Narita and recheck.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by UltraRant

Alternatively, you may be able to print your SK boarding pass in Korea already with the on line check in? Then you don't need a transfer desk at all...
It may make it more difficult for you in Seoul if you are already checked in, then they have to link your baggage to you record. It will be easier for the agent in NRT to link the baggage when they process your check in.

On the positive note, immigration and reclaim is very quick in Narita, and I think there is a special line for quick transits. Or there used to be. I use different lines now, so I have not looked for a while.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:50 pm

I've managed to check my bag through for a OZ / LH combination ex ICN on two different tickets without any trouble, so I think they should be able to do this for SK as well.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It may make it more difficult for you in Seoul if you are already checked in,
True that. Hadn't thought about that one. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.