Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
**All aircraft have been refurbished**

New Cabin:
A330-300 (C32Y56M174 or C32Y56M178) (8|8)
LN-RKN – First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 17-Feb-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKH - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Apr-2015 on OSL-EWR
LN-RKM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 16-May-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKO - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 14-Jun-2015 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKR - First revenue flight took place 21-Sep-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKS - First revenue flight took place 01-Oct-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKT - First revenue flight took place 12-Feb-2016 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKU - First revenue flight took place 16-Apr-2016 on CPH-EWR

A340-300 (C40Y28M179) (7|8)
OY-KBA - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 12-Nov-2015 on CPH-NRT
LN-RKF - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 10-Dec-2015 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBI - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 20-Jan-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Feb-2016 on CPH-SFO
LN-RKG - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Mar-2016 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBC - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jun-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBD - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jul-2016 on CPH-NRT

Reserve aircraft:
A340-300 (C42Y28M164) (1|8)
LN-RKP - Updated LAN interior (completed 27-APR-2016)

Operated by PrivatAir:
B737BBJ (C20M60) (1|1)

HB-JJA - Used on SK927/928 CPH-BOS since 14-Apr-2016

Planned deliveries which will have the new cabin:
A350-900
First delivery in 2019

Useful: http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/
Print Wikipost

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by DeninDK
I asked the purser this on the CPH-EWR. He didnt think it would be upgraded at all as he anticipated it being returned to Airbus when the new a330 came online. But who knows, it seemed like speculation.
Would be a remarkable SAS decision: "If we order new 4 aircraft then we can both open loads of new routes *and* return some old aircraft to their manufacturers!"

Sounds a bit like one of my fellow students back at uni. When discussing the topic of what one would do with 100.000 euro cash he announced he'd put it on the bank to get interest and buy a house (at the same time). He wasn't very convinced that he'd be needing the money on the bank to buy the house. Mind you, at the time 100k would barely be enough to buy a garden shed.

Anyway, if its indeed true what the purser said, then we'd be stuck with the horrorplane for much longer than we all hopes, I'm afraid.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:00 am

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
Feb 17, will they make it

Looking at Expert Flyer, it seems that the new seat map is active from Feb 17, one week from today. Wonder if they will make it? Seems like things have been slightly delayed, and their twitter account has gotten somewhat quiet!
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Anyway, if its indeed true what the purser said, then we'd be stuck with the horrorplane for much longer than we all hopes, I'm afraid.
OK, rule number 1: never trust galley talk.

That said, SK will get some new A330X aircraft with the new seating in all classes and new IFE linefit and retrofit a significant part of their existing fleet. Some aircraft will however continue to fly around with the old interior for quite a while and then retire. That was always the plan. Of course that bit is not mentioned in all the glorious press releases
Old Feb 10, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by DeninDK
Looking at Expert Flyer, it seems that the new seat map is active from Feb 17, one week from today. Wonder if they will make it? Seems like things have been slightly delayed, and their twitter account has gotten somewhat quiet!
SAS Viking (https://twitter.com/SAS_Viking) has just tweeted that the first flight will take place in 7 days. Makes it a little bit more official.

Svantevit.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Wasn't it supposed to be ready by Feb 1st? How hard can it be to project manage a completely routine operation like this with just about 0 unknown variables?

Some people complain there are too many ex-consultants out there in the companies. I think there are far, far too few.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
OK, rule number 1: never trust galley talk.

That said, SK will get some new A330X aircraft with the new seating in all classes and new IFE linefit and retrofit a significant part of their existing fleet. Some aircraft will however continue to fly around with the old interior for quite a while and then retire. That was always the plan. Of course that bit is not mentioned in all the glorious press releases
Ok, rule number 1a: Keep the stuff you hear in mind anyway, because there's often more truth in it than it seems at first.

SAS is indeed very good at giving half information. In the recent issue of their in flight magazine they also gave half information about EuroBonus, stating it's now easier than ever to qualify for status, as they lowered the thresholds. They didn't mention the sliced earnings by about 50% on average, though...

Do you have any indication of which aircraft will retire and which will be refurbished? I think that would help significantly in gaining insight in the matter.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My guess is the 4 older A343 will not see the new cabin, but retire in the next 3-4 years. There was some mention of that in the early PR relating to the A330X order.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
My guess is the 4 older A343 will not see the new cabin, but retire in the next 3-4 years. There was some mention of that in the early PR relating to the A330X order.
My hope would then be the legendary LN-RKP, as it's by far the oldest bird of this type in the fleet.

For the rest, it doesn't seem to matter much, as all the birds seem to date from 2001/2002. I can see that OY-KBM is leased. Not sure if that would have an impact the decision which aircraft have to go...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
There is a schedule on the Scandinavian Traveler website:

http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/

If the order is any indication they are doing the A330's first. Unfortunately LN-RKP is not in the list. The next one up is LN-RKH which I'm going to see in a few hours. Hopefully for the last time with the legacy cabin.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
LN-RKN has been completed and was flown to CPH this evening.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
The flight home looked like a lot of fun.
The first commercial flight with the retrofit looks to be CPH to EWR on Feb 17.

http://www.experiencetheskies.com/sa...dern-approach/
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:52 pm

Does anyone know what the next route with new J will be? I thought it was ARN-ORD after CPH-EWR, but it seems like it got swapped back with the old seatmap.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Does anyone know what the next route with new J will be? I thought it was ARN-ORD after CPH-EWR, but it seems like it got swapped back with the old seatmap.
I'm not sure if they use this aircraft exclusively on CPH-EWR, normally the A330's rotate between ARN-EWR, ARN-ORD, CPH-EWR and OSL-EWR. Since they seem to be doing the A330's first those are probably the routes you are going to see them on first. I guess around July/August you can safely assume you have the new cabin when you fly from ARN.

Seeing how LN-RKH made an unusual rotation CPH-ORD and back to CPH without a new flight scheduled, I guess it is off to Zurich this week?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
I'm not sure if they use this aircraft exclusively on CPH-EWR, normally the A330's rotate between ARN-EWR, ARN-ORD, CPH-EWR and OSL-EWR. Since they seem to be doing the A330's first those are probably the routes you are going to see them on first. I guess around July/August you can safely assume you have the new cabin when you fly from ARN.

Seeing how LN-RKH made an unusual rotation CPH-ORD and back to CPH without a new flight scheduled, I guess it is off to Zurich this week?
No aircraft have any fixed route so the new cabin will appear on all A330 flights from CPH, ARN and OSL. Since it takes around one month to do the cabin modification it will take until mid May at the earliest to get the A330s completed.

LN-RKH will fly to ZRH when LN-RKN return to service ^
Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

Makes sense - so the only way you can tell is by seatmap?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.