Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pseudoswede
**All aircraft have been refurbished**

New Cabin:
A330-300 (C32Y56M174 or C32Y56M178) (8|8)
LN-RKN – First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 17-Feb-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKH - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Apr-2015 on OSL-EWR
LN-RKM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 16-May-2015 on CPH-EWR
LN-RKO - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 14-Jun-2015 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKR - First revenue flight took place 21-Sep-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKS - First revenue flight took place 01-Oct-2015 on CPH-ORD
LN-RKT - First revenue flight took place 12-Feb-2016 on CPH-IAD
LN-RKU - First revenue flight took place 16-Apr-2016 on CPH-EWR

A340-300 (C40Y28M179) (7|8)
OY-KBA - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 12-Nov-2015 on CPH-NRT
LN-RKF - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 10-Dec-2015 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBI - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 20-Jan-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBM - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Feb-2016 on CPH-SFO
LN-RKG - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 21-Mar-2016 on CPH-NRT
OY-KBC - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jun-2016 on CPH-SFO
OY-KBD - First revenue flight with upgraded cabin took place 03-Jul-2016 on CPH-NRT

Reserve aircraft:
A340-300 (C42Y28M164) (1|8)
LN-RKP - Updated LAN interior (completed 27-APR-2016)

Operated by PrivatAir:
B737BBJ (C20M60) (1|1)

HB-JJA - Used on SK927/928 CPH-BOS since 14-Apr-2016

Planned deliveries which will have the new cabin:
A350-900
First delivery in 2019

Useful: http://www.scandinaviantraveler.com/se/newcabin/
Print Wikipost

SAS Longhaul Fleet List – Upgrade Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Smokingbread
I could might consider to be lucky, if you booked in SAS Plus.
According to 'Check-in.dk', SAS will upgrade Plus passangers on this flight to C
The reports here are that Plus passengers are seated in standard economy seats with Plus service. I have not seen any reports of Plus passengers being moved to C, I think that is just a marketing spin "based on availability"
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: EBD, HHDiamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The reports here are that Plus passengers are seated in standard economy seats with Plus service. I have not seen any reports of Plus passengers being moved to C, I think that is just a marketing spin "based on availability"
I know, but things might be different during summer; at least according to this article posted today: http://www.check-in.dk/plus-passagerer-faar-business-til-new-york1#.VX7MPooV6nM
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Smokingbread
Quote:

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl

Thanks. I kinda thought so too. I don't have luck with equipment swaps so ex LAN it is then

I could might consider to be lucky, if you booked in SAS Plus.
According to 'Check-in.dk', SAS will upgrade Plus passangers on this flight to C
I'm not in Plus so i guess no upgrade for me then - I notice anyway they've Zeroed out inventory of plus, and eliminated the cabin on the ex LAN seat map - Y now shows as starting at row 11 instead.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:25 am

You guys seem to be experts on this subject so I thought it would be a good idea to leave my question here.

I'm palnning to fly CPH-NRT-CPH some time in April 2016.
Will it still be a gamble on whether or not it'll be the retrofitted A340 and if yes what are the chances?
Also do i have to expect the prices to change once the airplanes are retrofitted?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by ibexUp
You guys seem to be experts on this subject so I thought it would be a good idea to leave my question here.

I'm palnning to fly CPH-NRT-CPH some time in April 2016.
Will it still be a gamble on whether or not it'll be the retrofitted A340 and if yes what are the chances?
Also do i have to expect the prices to change once the airplanes are retrofitted?
Chances are good but still a gamble as by then there still will be old 340s in service. I think rumours say NRT should get the first retrofitted but if that is out for some reason or used on another flight you will be stuck in the old cabin.

Prices stay the same
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:34 pm

New Business Class

Flying ORD to CPH in August on a 330. Appears I will be on the new business class product, correct? Thx.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by DnvTrvlr
Flying ORD to CPH in August on a 330. Appears I will be on the new business class product, correct? Thx.
All A330 has been upgraded.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:18 pm

In the same boat as taking a gamble on the A340 refit. Looking at ORD-CPH at the end of May 2016 but dont want to chance getting the old cabin.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 12:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA GM, AA GM, DL GM
Originally Posted by kannon99
In the same boat as taking a gamble on the A340 refit. Looking at ORD-CPH at the end of May 2016 but dont want to chance getting the old cabin.
While there's a chance that ORD-CPH will be operated with a refitted aircraft, I'm avoiding the A340 for my trips next summer (same time period as you, I hope I didn't 'steal' the flight you wanted ). For my first trip in May it was a bit tricky to find domestic US flights that enabled me to connect to the ORD-ARN, EWR-OSL, or EWR-ARN A330 flights, but it worked out eventually. I hope they don't change the aircraft later on.

Last edited by UA1K_no_more; Jul 12, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:50 am

A340 seat maps - indication of upgraded cabin

I'm looking at booking flights to Tokyo next spring (as mentioned in another thread).

To try and determine if that route will have the new flat bed seats in business class, I did a dummy booking and viewed the seat map.

On the outbound flight, the seat map looks like this:

While on the return leg, it looks like this:

Accepting there's a formatting issue with the rows, it appears to me that the outbound flight is four abreast, suggesting it's the upgraded cabin?

What's odd is that I've tried a few different return dates, all sequential dates, and they all have the second, six abreast seat map. This is presumably the current cabin with non-flat beds. A little odd if SAS introduce the new cabin on a route, to then revert to the old cabin?

Any views on whether I'm over-analysing?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As you can see in this thread, SK is retrofitting the 343 over time, so it may very well be that you only occasionally see a retrofitted aircraft on a certain day. Considering the small IC fleet of SK, I would assume no new C on 343 for now, and be positively surprised if new C appears.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:27 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
He's traveling next spring at which time 3x A340's have been upgraded. We've seen some hints from SK that upgraded A340's will be used on the NRT route as a priority.

I would say that London_traveller his analysis is correct. Outbound is new C, inbound is old C. Subject to changes of airplane of course. New cabin is 10x rows of 4 seats versus old cabin being 8 rows of 6 seats on A340.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
He's traveling next spring at which time 3x A340's have been upgraded. We've seen some hints from SK that upgraded A340's will be used on the NRT route as a priority.

I would say that London_traveller his analysis is correct. Outbound is new C, inbound is old C. Subject to changes of airplane of course. New cabin is 10x rows of 4 seats versus old cabin being 8 rows of 6 seats on A340.
Thank you
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I was looking at UA MP awards from SFO to CPH.

It shows some availability in September for ORD-CPH on the A340 (SK944) but it sounds like that wouldn't be the upgraded business cabin with the lie-flats?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:19 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
September this year? Unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.