Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ID Pax on SAS Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Your friend should not be telling you these things or at least make it clear that is should not be publicized.

Nevertheless, the ID90 ticket price should be 90% off the full fare (typically Y or C). Not sure what they use for economy since Y is full fare Plus these days. I suppose that E class is full fare economy currently.

Without YQ the ticket price in C booking class is about SEK 25000 each way.

I don't know about YQ charges. I am guessing not since they amount to about SEK 2700 on CPH-EWR.

I can of course be wrong about this.

I can also add that intra-Europe Go tickets are often cheaper than ID tickets these days.

Originally Posted by LH4116
My friend works for Wideroe, so as an employee he gets access to the ID90 tickets. Nothing strange about that. The price for a return ticket in Business Class to New York on SAS is around 2500 SEK, and to Brazil with Lufthansa he paid around 5000 SEK for a Business Class return. There are different rates for friends and family, who usually pay around double the price that the employee pays.

I fly Business Class on a regular basis both on paid and award tickets, just like anybody else here, and yes I also take advantage of the discount SAS GO fares from time to time. I see nothing wrong with that.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gnaget
[You people are totally lying or sumthin' or nuthin' ...]
What does a C-class ID ticket cost according to you?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by CKCPH
What does a C-class ID ticket cost according to you?
See above. 10% of the full C class fare probably excluding YQ. I.e. not SEK 1260.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by sethb
YQ is supposedly "fuel surcharge" so given current market conditions, if it's a positive number I'd consider it fraudulent.
Because in the current market conditions fuel is free or the airlines are even paid to fuel their planes?

While the fuel surcharge has not come down along with the oil price, jet fuel is still one of the most significant costs for airlines, so while you can discuss the actual movements and size of the fuel surcharge, calling its mere existence fraudulent is a bit strong. Some carriers have changed the line to carrier surcharge or similar. SK still refers to it as fuel surcharge though. In the end it is just another revenue stream.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:00 am
Suspended

holy crap, why none of my family works for SAS
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:17 am

In the late 1990s you could buy a transatlantic ticket in the winter season for maybe $400 round trip. They still have such fares but now there is $400+ YQ and then other taxes bringing the cheapest tickets up toward $1000.

It would be better if they just increased the price and scrapped the fuel surcharge/ YQ. Part of the puzzle for European airlines is that they add the fuel surcharge to award tickets, so that is probably a reason to keep it. SK calls it fuel and security charge or something like that. Of course the security part is nonsense; that's covered by other line item taxes/fees.

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Because in the current market conditions fuel is free or the airlines are even paid to fuel their planes?

While the fuel surcharge has not come down along with the oil price, jet fuel is still one of the most significant costs for airlines, so while you can discuss the actual movements and size of the fuel surcharge, calling its mere existence fraudulent is a bit strong. Some carriers have changed the line to carrier surcharge or similar. SK still refers to it as fuel surcharge though. In the end it is just another revenue stream.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Because the ticket price used to cover all costs when fuel prices were higher than today. The fuel surcharge was supposedly to cover the increase.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In the late 1990s you could buy a transatlantic ticket in the winter season for maybe $400 round trip. They still have such fares but now there is $400+ YQ and then other taxes bringing the cheapest tickets up toward $1000.

It would be better if they just increased the price and scrapped the fuel surcharge/ YQ. Part of the puzzle for European airlines is that they add the fuel surcharge to award tickets, so that is probably a reason to keep it. SK calls it fuel and security charge or something like that. Of course the security part is nonsense; that's covered by other line item taxes/fees.
The airlines' YQ habit is hard for the airlines to kick because the YQ scheme allows them to more cheaply adjust a lot more prices at once, to reduce the commissions granted to travel agents, to reduce the rebates/discounts granted as part of negotiated large purchase agreements, and to increase revenue for/from the airline loyalty program.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: DYKWIA
Originally Posted by Blueblood
SK can order its affairs as it likes. If they want to give ID flyers open seats in C over EBD/full fare Y/people upgrading for extra $$$ at the gate, that's fine with me, I suppose. If I ran the airline, I would probably do it differently, but then again, I've never run an airline.
ID-passengers does not have priority over revenue-passengers.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Since SAS rarely fill the cabins these days the travel is more or less confirmed.
ID travel in business class is always on a space-available basis.

Originally Posted by CKCPH
That can't be true. As you can see, the angry Swedes/Norwegians in here don't believe that. When you do exactly 50 - now 45 - legs of SAS Go tickets booked 7 months in advance a year for 249NOK, you know much more than those of us actually flying business.
Sure. You belong to the "elite" who actually fly business. However not on your own dime... Maybe this is hard for you to believe, but some people actually fly business on their own dime. Yup, it actually happens.

I still contend that the ID prices cited here are much lower than reality. And in the first example the passenger was allegedly upgraded from economy. I can easily find out the current price but this is not public information and I would not disclose it.

Also this ID passenger was an idiot and violated the rules for disclosing that he was ID and then showing a receipt -- if he actually did this. In the old days this could have been cause for suspending his ID privileges.

Regarding the meals, if this rumor is correct, then point upgraders should hope for C class ID passengers since if the are listed on a flight then they will provide extra catering.
Once again. Wise words
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldtravellerExtraordinaire
ID-passengers does not have priority over revenue-passengers.

ID travel in business class is always on a space-available basis.

Sure. You belong to the "elite" who actually fly business. However not on your own dime... Maybe this is hard for you to believe, but some people actually fly business on their own dime. Yup, it actually happens.

Once again. Wise words
So, you went through my posts to prove that some people have valuable jobs and fly C for work? Yes, I fly in the front of the cabin, paid for by the people who value my time - my clients (who pay my firm who pay me). I never said I didn't fly C on my own dime. I fly Plus or C in private, as you would have seen had you gone further through my posts.

So ... what's your point? Bazooka-ing your own foot with your inconsequential defense of ancient staff perks?

I think you should get a hobby, a better job or something. Envy is a bad color on everyone, mate.

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Feb 5, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Who cares if the revenue pax are paid by company or out of their pocket - someone is paying SK for those tickets.

It's absolutely unprofessional for the crew to treat ID pax better than regular pax.

I talked to someone who's spouse (Swede) used to work for SK based in China. They flew solely C on ID fare and from what I could tell, the fare was like free for them. It was a while ago so back then the ID rules might be looser.
Old May 23, 2015, 2:20 pm
Suspended

SAS off duty flight attendant in Business Class

was on my flight from SFO to ARN via CPH last week, 2 off duty flight attendant were flying Business Class (they told me they were off duty that's why I know they are flight attendant)

Nothing to moot about, but just wondering how much do their paid for their ticket ?
Old May 24, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Considering the marginal amount of available reward seats and upgrade opportunities I would argue it is not acceptable nonetheless.

Where there empty seats?
Old May 24, 2015, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Considering the marginal amount of available reward seats and upgrade opportunities I would argue it is not acceptable nonetheless.

Where there empty seats?
i think 2 or 3 seats were empty.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Hardly news. I've mostly stopped flying SAS longhaul after had multiple repeats of being booted out of my seat and mini cabin to make it into "SAS crew and friends"-cabin.

-A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.