Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Fuel surcharge on SK segments - EB award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Hi

I have an award ticket that includes multiple airlines from CPH to Asia.
The first segment and last segment is SK operated, the other segments are other star airlines.

I can accept that I shall pay fuel surcharge on non-SK airlines even on award tickets, but I cannot accept that I shall also pay SK fuel surcharge as an eurobonus member on SK operated flights.

The calculation has been through SK HQ in Stockholm to do manual calculation of taxes. From the amount the ends up with, they have included the SK YQ charge. I priced the routing on ITA Matrix, which is my comparison.

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 2, 2015, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Difficult to say, but in some cases the YQ on an award ticket is higher than the lowest economy class revenue tickets. Since some of the very cheap tickets would result in negative fares if the full YQ is applied, there is a lower YQ charge. The award tickets will generally get the full level YQ. So you would need to get a detailed breakdown of the charges to be certain.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: EuroBonus
I second asking for a breakdown - normally (at least when buying tickets for money) you can see which fees are for which leg, ask for this for your award ticket?

They should have no problem giving this to you, as they've even handchecked the numbers.

DanishFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.