Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

New SAS EuroBonus American Express Elite in Sweden

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold

SAS EuroBonus & American Express just launched a new card strategy in Sweden with three cards: Classic, Premium and Elite.

The new Elite card gives you two 20 000 status points on signup and 20 EB points per 100 SEK spending, two 2-for-1 vouchers valid on Star Alliance even in First at 150.000 and 300.000 SEK spending.

Huge upgrade if you ask me! ^

Read more in Swedish:
http://www.businessclass.se/sas-och-...nta-resenarer/
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
SAS EuroBonus & American Express just launched a new card strategy in Sweden with three cards: Classic, Premium and Elite.

The new Elite card gives you two 20 000 status points on signup and 20 EB points per 100 SEK spending, two 2-for-1 vouchers valid on Star Alliance even in First at 150.000 and 300.000 SEK spending.

Huge upgrade if you ask me! ^

Read more in Swedish:
http://www.businessclass.se/sas-och-...nta-resenarer/
Damn, you lucky swedes ;-)
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:07 am

Way to go!

EDIT://

How about the expiry date of the vouchers? Does it have the same ...... setup as right now (date of issue + 12 month) or do they go for the Norwegian model (valid end of the next calendar year)?

Last edited by fassy; Oct 17, 2014 at 3:14 am
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
https://translate.google.se/translat...%2F&edit-text=
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:30 am

Thanks! Sounds promising.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Wow. Lucky you. I was always jealous of Americans and their cards, but this blows off all. I should move over to Sweden or persuade Amex to look at Finland as well.

The perks are unbelievably good. As a comparison for me, Diners used to be really good cobranded card with AY, but only for generating lots of AY points which you cannot anymore easily use for upgrades.

The easy point earning will lead to way many people earn awesome award deals. A devaluation to come...
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:56 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
The Elite card is definitely what drew my attention, but they even upgraded the Premium card by making the 2-4-1 available on Star Alliance flights. Even if you don't want to pay the 4000kr annual fee for the Elite card, this is still an upgrade on what they are currently offering. Good job SAS and AMEX!
Old Oct 18, 2014, 4:17 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
Those of us here in Sweden need to put our heads together to come up with a list of strategies to make the most of the card offers currently available. It seems to me that this would include the following:

- Use any of the new SAS EB AMEX cards for purchases from sas.se
- AMEX Elite if you anticipate needing the 20k base points to reach EBG or EBD.
- AMEX Elite if you want 2 shots at the *A 2-for-1 voucher deal and can rack up SEK300k in spending.
- AMEX Premium if you have no problem reaching EBG but can rack up SEK150k in spending and want the *A 2-for-1 voucher deal.

- COOP MedMera Mer for purchases at COOP and PG/BG payments using Betalo
- COOP MerMera Mer for other purchases leading up to a COOP point doubling bonus

I'm sure that there are additional strategic factors to consider, so please feel free to add your thoughts here. Of course, by the time we come to a consensus somebody will change some rules, making it necessary to rethink things, but all in all I see this is a positive development.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Will the new cards come with a welcome bonus? Currently Amex is offering 6,000 Eurobonus for signing up. Should I sign up before the new cards arrive and get the welcome bonus?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:28 am

Just received my welcome letter and my card was automatically converted to the mid level card. Need to see if it makes sense to go for the Elite card...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:25 pm
Suspended

I'm switching from UA MP to EuroBonus, got questions.

wrong thread
delete please
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by fassy
Way to go!

EDIT://

How about the expiry date of the vouchers? Does it have the same ...... setup as right now (date of issue + 12 month) or do they go for the Norwegian model (valid end of the next calendar year)?
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I could not find a more recent thread to post in. Hopefully the mods will move this post if there is a more appropriate thread.

Just got off the phone with Tallin to cancel a 2-4-1 booking I had made and was very surprised to hear that the AmEx Premiuem (Sweden) 2-4-1 are now valid for 2 years (not the date of issue+next calendar year). I had not see this before, but it was good news as we were having trouble making use of the 2-4-1 before the end of 2017. This gives us ample time to find something better.

Last edited by livious; Jan 31, 2017 at 1:53 am
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:59 am

You might want to revaildate that. Did the agent say: two years from day of issue? Otherwise rest of the year plus the next calendar year limits the maximum validity to two years as well.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:26 am

She said it was valid until Oct 8,2018 and that is almost exactly 2 years. I asked her to reconfirm and she stated the 2-4-1 has a 2 year validity. I saw speculation on BUsinessclass.se, but cannot find anything from AMEX.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Unfortunately the letters don't state a validity either, I have one here from late last year but no indication on wether its 12 or 24 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.