Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Unable to take return leg of flight

Old Oct 9, 14, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I searched and could not find anything.

I have two SAS flights coming up (both return flights) where I will be unable to take the 2nd leg. Do I just not show up, or can I actually try to get taxes back on the unused portion of the ticket without the risk of the ticket being repriced?

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Old Oct 9, 14, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by ObserverA3 View Post
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I searched and could not find anything.

I have two SAS flights coming up (both return flights) where I will be unable to take the 2nd leg. Do I just not show up, or can I actually try to get taxes back on the unused portion of the ticket without the risk of the ticket being repriced?

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Just a question of clarification though. Is the flights two returns on one ticket? I.e. 4 legs, if so taking number 2 out is a bit of a problem as they might cancel you remaining itenerary. If two separate tickets, then it should be OK.

If your ticket is flexible, you should be able to get the unused fare and taxes back, but they will most likely reprice. For Plus tickets in Europe that is a small loss. If your ticket is non flexible you will only be able to get the actual taxes back (minus an admin fee). The fuel surccharge is also considered non refundable in the same way as the ticket.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: