Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

FYI EK and GF are renewing status matched gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite

Fyi for what it's worth 1-2 years ago I managed to get EK and GF to match gold with gold. I had a few trips to the Mideast coming up but all were cancelled due to changes in the security situation at my destinations. I never sat foot on EK and GF metal thereafter.

Within the last two weeks both airlines have automatically renewed my gold status, GF even for two years. Especially EK sent me nice a gold package including personal luggage tags.

Pls excuse any typos.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
How did you match? Write to them?

I'm TK Gold and I wouldn't mind matching to EK (as they are flying to CPH).

TIA!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by nacho
How did you match? Write to them?

TIA!
Yes. EK by far the most difficult of the two. As far as I remember they required an issued ticket. Btw, I think EK has some very good deals ex CPH these days in both biz and eco.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
SK offered status match promotion in China back in Spring 2012. I heard many of those matched EBGs were automatically renewed this spring for an extra year even without crediting any single flight to the EB account in the past two years.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Status matching at EK is decided by the local sales office that you "belong to", so it is different from country to country. In Sweden for example, they will status match you, but only one level up from your current Skywards status, so if you want EK Gold, you need to be EK Silver.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.