Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Diners Club / Eurobonus

Deleted.

Last edited by FlyerTalker01565; Mar 30, 2015 at 9:55 am
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: *G
Yes you will get new cards every time status changes, although it might take some time.
Mind the 2%/1,5%(€ and some EU?/not EU) foreign exchange rate versus 1,5%/1% for many Danish VISA cards. You buy your points at a price.
There are sometime favourable times to sign up for the EB credit cards with bigger signup bonuses (not great bonuses, but a couple thousands extra)

And congrats on the job =)
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks! :-)

Will keep the currency in mind. Thinking it'll be good for larger work expenses that I could charge to my corporate card as well (which, however, doesn't give me any points). A 10,000DKK dinner is, after all, a cool 1,500 points. Look at me being hooked from the beginning ...

Got a 5,000p. sign-up bonus, provided I use it 5 times with the first 30 days. Will buy 5 smaller things I'd need anyway.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:32 pm

Not sure what are you looking for on 1)

One thing to remember is that Diners is not the most recognized and widely accepted card so you should always carry another MasterCard or Visa.

For 2)
Yes, the card will be your EB membership card and they will send out a new one a few days after your status changes.

3)
Again, not sure what you are asking?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks, fassy. Always equipped w/VISA + 2 MCs, so I'm good to go plastic wise :-)

I was merely asking if anyone had any experiences having this card - good deals, lounge access worth the DKK95 if not traveling Plus/Business (before I become EBG). If you don't have a DC, you're probably not the one to ask. Thanks anyway!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
As I remember from my old diners days, lounge access was not worth 95DKK.

Congrats btw.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 4:53 pm

I can recommend the contracted Diners lounge at LHR, it is in some ways nicer than the SK/AC lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:22 am

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by Masterix
I can recommend the contracted Diners lounge at LHR, it is in some ways nicer than the SK/AC lounge.
Remember SAS have moved to T2 now and the lounge options are far improved.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
Remember SAS have moved to T2 now and the lounge options are far improved.
Plaza Premium is amazing. I hope they stick with this.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: EBG
I am about to give up on my diners club this year, it is almost impossible to get anybody to accept it. I dine out business colleagues for work multiple times a year up to 8 at any one time and I pay the bill but I cannot find a restaurant almost anywhere in Sweden that takes the card especially in the north.
I sent Diners club a list of the restaurants I use a lot a couple of years back after complaining to them only to discover they did not even try to sell them the concept.
This year I have swapped to a master card EGB gold card and will chuck the diners club in a couple of months.
The lounges you get access to are not great (but better then none, arlanda T4 is one as it T5 and in Moscow but really it is too hard to find anybody who will take it. Even Q park will not accept it anymore nor will SJ or the local transport like SL or UL.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by CKCPH
Plaza Premium is amazing. I hope they stick with this.
As I understand it , the Plaza Premium is only a temporary replacement until the Lufthansa Senator lounge opens in 2A in a couple of weeks.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:59 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I think the Diners lounge in CPH (The Aspire lounge) is quite good, if you are after comfortable quiet conditions for work. At busy periods it is probably better than the SK lounge. But I use it only on non *A flights.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
DC is hopeless in being accepted in a lot of places in DK. DSB doesn't accept that, and so are other places that they accept credit cards.

We are definitely dumping the diners when the no fee period is over. I don't see any reason to continue with that.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I just changed my monthly car payments to the DC. That at least gives me about 800 Extra Points a month. And since I pay the card off in full every month and will be EBG after the first year, I don't really see any downsides to this.

The only downside would be opportunity cost of having the DC instead of a MC, but as long as the DC gives 50% more points, I'm going to stay with that, I think.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 6:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

... double post, please ignore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.