SAS website down?

Old Sep 8, 14, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, BA silver, HH D
SAS website down?

I've been trying to access the website since last night my time (CET). I keep getting error messages. Anyone else having trouble?
Old Sep 8, 14, 11:52 pm

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
SAS website down?

Same here. App also doesn't work.
Old Sep 9, 14, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Swedish press is reporting this morning that it died

"SAS hemsida slocknade på måndagseftermiddagen. Och haveriet lever vidare – tidigt på tisdagen är det fortfarande omöjligt att surfa in på sajten.

Nu räknar SAS med att det bildas långa köer vid incheckningen eftersom tusentals passagerare inte har kunnat checka in online. Att komma till flygplatsen i god tid före avgång är rådet från flygbolaget.

Strulet med hemsidan innebär också att det till exempel inte går att boka biljetter online. Bolagets app fungerar till och från, skriver kundtjänsten på Facebook.
"

Source

Went down Monday afternoon, huge lines expected at airport check-in desks because nobody has been able to OLCI. The app works.

Johan
Old Sep 9, 14, 12:57 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
It must be so nice to work in SAS IT, being able to get away with cluster.... after cluster.... and still not getting fired. I really wonder what that organisation is thinking.
Old Sep 9, 14, 1:12 am

Programs: SK *G
This must be rather embarrassing situation for SAS. Not being able to OLCI is a minor problem when one considers that they must be losing revenue for not being able to sell through their own website.

Does this down time correlate with any change in software, updates or something? Quite scary if no maintenance/improvements were planned.
Old Sep 9, 14, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by livious View Post
Does this down time correlate with any change in software, updates or something? Quite scary if no maintenance/improvements were planned.
"Felet uppstod hos vår leverantör när de skulle upprätta en ny funktion på sajten i går, säger Kromann-Mikkelsen."

Update implementation fault, they are blaming their supplier.

"Knappt en timme efter att SAS meddelat sina följare på Facebook att felet var avhjälpt togs inlägget bort. I en ny uppdatering meddelas att problemen på sajten kvarstår. Men numera är det åtminstone stundtals möjligt att komma in på sajten, enligt presschef Trine Kromann-Mikkelsen.

– Jag är orienterad om att det kan uppstå driftstörningar under dagen, säger hon.
"

SK reported on Facebook that the problem had been solved, but had to retract within the hour. They now say it works "every now and then".

Not for me it doesn't.

Source

Johan
Old Sep 9, 14, 3:15 am

Programs: SAS eurobonus Flying Blue
Still down, just tried to see if they had AAL-MEL business class. However, I can just use Singapore Airlines' website I presume.
Old Sep 9, 14, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm now most of the way through the OLCI process. It worked more or less as normal, albeit hesistantly and with long pauses to think things over, but getting a boarding card is the sticking point. When I'm asked whether I want to open or save the PDF file, and choose the former, nothing happens.

Johan
Old Sep 9, 14, 3:45 am

Programs: SAS eurobonus Flying Blue
It is annoying that the 2 companies I use to travel bt LUX and AAL both have shaky IT systems. But at least my booking LUX-AAL with KLM worked the
other day (including OLCI). SAS oh SAS what has happened to you over the years
The AAL-MEL booking has gone to ..... Qatar (cheapest this time)
Old Sep 9, 14, 4:18 am

Programs: EuroBonus Pandion
Does anyone have a guess on how much every 0.5h downtime is costing SAS?
Old Sep 9, 14, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Must be costing them more than they can afford to lose.

I never did that boarding card. Out of idle curiosity I've been trying every now and then during the afternoon, but all I get is "Kommunikationsfel, vänligen försök igen". Communication error, try again.

Johan
Old Sep 9, 14, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just got my boarding card printed, worked like a charm. Problems must have been solved. Finally.

The boarding card advertises the "New Vitamin-Boosted Menu on Board", by the way, which for some reason is "Easy as ABC"

Earlier, the error messages spontaneously changed from Swedish to English, and I was encouraged to use "Automates". I don't know why they think I have Australian friends in cars, nor how any such purported antipodal friends could check me in. Scandinavians (and the Dutch, for that matter) are amusingly good at inventing "English" words of their very own.

Johan
Old Sep 10, 14, 6:23 am

Our TA had serious issue in the last two days on all carriers using the Amadeus system... I guess it was more an issue at Amadeus and for once not SK ITs fault.
Old Sep 10, 14, 8:26 am

Programs: United MP Plat, Qatar PC Plat, AB Gold
Still down. I wonder who's the contractor performed the upgrade?

Do you think they will have another SALES just to compensate the customers ?
Old Sep 10, 14, 4:21 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
The sevice provider is CSC. Which by the way will stop its work for SAS after ten years in three weeks.

New IT contractor: Tata Consultancy Services.

BTW. Homepage down again this evening, I was told in a mail from SAS. But even though I was able to acces it and even log in.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: