Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

moderator for the SAS EuroBonus thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Wikiposts are easy to create and maintain, since any interested member with 90/90 can create (Thread tools menu) and contribute to or edit to one. No mods needed, no worries about obsolete FAQs with huge threads to ferret out what's current.

All this senior mod can say is "Go for it! Power to the posters!"

I use the blue boilerplate when I create a wikipost because it gives basic detail and reminds members they can print out wikipost contents (to a PDF to save, if you have the software, or whatever).

Write on!
Print Wikipost

moderator for the SAS EuroBonus thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
But your first comment is only because we cannot comment on moderation due to TOS. Otherwise I would be openly complaining that our out-of-date FAQ was unstickied

Last edited by livious; Aug 28, 2014 at 2:54 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Not by me. The OP has/had a few ideas which Prospero offered to help with.

My point is someone willing to post informational threads and curate them doesn't need to be a mod. In other sections of FT its mostly the case that members who show interest to invest time and heartache into a forum are also picked/considered when a mod position opens up.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:44 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
Seems like the last two mods in this forum ran off and started new sites, what's up with these entrepreneurish Scandinavians??

Oliver2002 is doing a great job!
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Seems like the last two mods in this forum ran off and started new sites, what's up with these entrepreneurish Scandinavians??

Oliver2002 is doing a great job!
Which site did you start? I know the other one.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Which site did you start? I know the other one.
It's just a small, friendly Scandinavian site: http://www.businessclass.se/ (also in Danish as .dk and Norwegian as .no)

I learned so much from Flyertalk and flying around the world that I (and five other guys from this forum) just had to write about it in Swedish. My English is OK but I write better in my native language.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:23 am
Suspended

It's just a small, friendly Scandinavian site: http://www.businessclass.se/ (also in Danish as .dk and Norwegian as .no)

I learned so much from Flyertalk and flying around the world that I (and five other guys from this forum) just had to write about it in Swedish. My English is OK but I write better in my native language.
I lurk on there. Didn't recall or realize it was yours. I've definitely picked up some good deals there.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 am

I lurk on there. Didn't recall or realize it was yours. I've definitely picked up some good deals there.
It's not "mine" - I was co-founder back in 2011 but that's a long time ago. My friend Jacob_M that I met here on Flyertalk is now my daily colleague. My wife kept saying that I spent too much time on FT and too much money on trips. Now it's ALL i do

Do you follow Swedish? Or Google Translate?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:50 am
Suspended

Do you follow Swedish? Or Google Translate?
A travel deal is a deal in any language that involves a convertible currency or redeemable points/miles.

I can usually make out a bit in a few languages without translation technology or "personnel" a/k/a relatives in some matters. But without those aides, it's mostly only enough to make a fool of myself. That said, I've mostly used businessclass.se without Google Translate. Between Google and watching too much subtitled TV in Sweden, eventually enough makes sense to make sense of Swedish-language travel deals and some other Swedish stuff.

I spent last night laughing at the Skanepartiet campaign literature and needed no help there. It's rare that I find such outlandish campaign literature in the US, but then again reading separatist fantasies is probably amusing in a lot of places. No translation needed, although I still laugh at the word for immigrant looking like the word for invader in English.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 28, 2014 at 8:00 am
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:40 am

I spent last night laughing at the Skanepartiet campaign literature and needed no help there. It's rare that I find such outlandish campaign literature in the US, but then again reading separatist fantasies is probably amusing in a lot of places. No translation needed, although I still laugh at the word for immigrant looking like the word for invader in English.
Yes, they are quite weird... not sure if I should lough or cry reading their letters... especially since technically I'm also 'invandrare', at least neither poor nor muslim so they might let me live

I think "invader" has common roots with invandrare (SE) or Einwanderer (DE), just add the negative connotation
Old Aug 28, 2014, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, they are quite weird... not sure if I should lough or cry reading their letters... especially since technically I'm also 'invandrare', at least neither poor nor muslim so they might let me live

I think "invader" has common roots with invandrare (SE) or Einwanderer (DE), just add the negative connotation
Latin-based etymology. "Into + walk/go", much like the "wanderer" spirit that had me go onto FT. My reading of Swedish is good enough that I can't read that much difference when it comes to Skanepartiet, SvD or SvP -- Google Translate not needed to see that the birds in that flock are of the same feather, even when barely literate in Swedish.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 28, 2014 at 1:21 pm
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lin821
Same applies to Asia Forum, with no designated moderator other than Senior MODs.
Perhaps you meant the Other Airlines of Asia forum?

aBroadAbroad
Moderator, Asia Forum
Old Aug 28, 2014, 10:56 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by aBroadAbroad
Perhaps you meant the Other Airlines of Asia forum?

aBroadAbroad
Moderator, Asia Forum
I am guessing this was meant for elsewhere. I have notified the mods to move it (and delete this post).

It seem that starting a thread about moderation has brought the gaze of Sauron upon us. Who do we call when we are overrun by senior mods?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The post nominated for deletion actually references another that compares this senior moderated forum to another, and since this has grown into a totally unofficial lounge like thread with convo about various non-airline forum issues, we'll leave it all. For now. Or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.