Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus gold fast track to diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Anybody knows if sas offers fast track option to get diamond? (For Member between gold and diamond)

Last year I remember that sas offered gold as fast track - if 2 return sas plus trips was done within a fixed period.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:30 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Rasmus S
Anybody knows if sas offers fast track option to get diamond? (For Member between gold and diamond)

Last year I remember that sas offered gold as fast track - if 2 return sas plus trips was done within a fixed period.
Currently there is no active campaigns but I would guess something will come in Q4.

Br,
Henrik
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
http://www.flysas.com/texas

Gold in one return trip, diamond in two.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: *G
Does "best availability" book into R? and if they do, do both SAS Business Saver and SAS Business award tickets on this flight book into R?
Otherwise there's some interesting ways to give away a diamond card for a diamond member for instance:
400k-30%-40k~240k points
or if SAS Business Saver best availability award goes into R, then 396k-40k~356k points...

The website wouldn't let me see booking classes for these bookings, so if it goes into R forget everything I wrote :P
Old Aug 12, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Best availability books into the same class as if you purchased with $. There are no regular award tickets (the traditional *A award tickets) available on this route.

This is payed for with points:

The reciepe even comes in NOK...

Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
To be honest, for 50.000 NOK per booking you should get a gold plated seat, I'd say. Yes, it's fast, but it's a bad deal. For 100.000 NOK I can probably get half a million points with smart booking and normal flying behavior (and a bit of luck).

If you want to get gold on the cheap I'd rather recommend to wait for SK to have long haul to SFO or PVG on the cheap and try to get some OT upgrades: you should get 10.000+ points per flight and it shouldn't set you back more than 3000NOK for the booking and 1000NOK per leg for the OT upgrade. Also, make sure you have some feeder flights into CPH. You can book some cheap plus fares from most cities nowadays (just make sure it's outside the Nordics for better points). In total, it shouldn't set you back more than 15.000 NOK and 8 flights to get from Gold to Diamond this way. Only weak point in the plan: there's no guarantee that you'll get the upgrade via OT...

I thought SK made the fast track to Gold last year to promote the new 'Plus' concept. I do hope they will do something like it again this year, but I think chances are slim (also because the SVG-IAH route is new and now being promoted this way).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond
I checked random dates in oct for the SVG IAH business flight yesterday and a return ticket was 2700€ for the business saver tickets .

So 2 x returns would run you around 5.4k€ or around 40k DKK.

That#s not toooooo bad for Diamond status is it?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:08 am

Considering Diamond doesn't give you much I would say spending 2.7k€ on it, isn't not worth it.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by MrCharming
I checked random dates in oct for the SVG IAH business flight yesterday and a return ticket was 2700€ for the business saver tickets .

So 2 x returns would run you around 5.4k€ or around 40k DKK.

That#s not toooooo bad for Diamond status is it?
I find that to be way more expensive (if not considering time a part of the calculation). 9 trips to some country in southern Europe in Plus would do the same (considering the point bonus on the last 4), and if you're good at searching you could get that for 9 x €280, which is €2520. Not to mention then you would also have 100k points to spend.

Originally Posted by fassy
Considering Diamond doesn't give you much I would say spending 2.7k€ on it, isn't not worth it.
"1/2" diamond card is worth more than one gold card, considering that you can also give away another gold card in addition to the extra perks the card offers.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
I have got this offer today- can swing Diamond as I have two three ABZ-IAH trips in Sep/Oct on BA/LH which I can switch to SK.
I bailed out of EB in 2003 and use LH (and BD as wel when it was around) as my *A miles stash. Only my ABZ-SVG returns on Wideroe now go to EB as I can not credit them to LH (about 10-15 R/T a year in flex Y).
Is it worth going for EB Diamond- can't see any tangible benefits on EB website compared to LH SEN.
TIA for help.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
Is it worth going for EB Diamond- can't see any tangible benefits on EB website compared to LH SEN.
Well... if you don't pay for it yourself I'd go for it. The travel time is around the same if not better with SAS, right?

Perks are much the same as EBG in terms of lounge, priority ect. Don't know how much you travel, but in Business or Plus with EBD (or EBG) you get 4 pieces for free, which is nice. Also if you travel with someone regularly to Norway, you can give away a gold card for free.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:38 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by LonLH
TIA for help.
As SK Diamond you can give away a star alliance gold card once per period - meaning that if you qualify before the end of your current EB period (which I guess 99% of people do) then you can actually give away two gold cards (one in the current period and one in the next).

I think that´s a pretty nift benefit.

Svantevit
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Well... if you don't pay for it yourself I'd go for it. The travel time is around the same if not better with SAS, right?

Perks are much the same as EBG in terms of lounge, priority ect. Don't know how much you travel, but in Business or Plus with EBD (or EBG) you get 4 pieces for free, which is nice. Also if you travel with someone regularly to Norway, you can give away a gold card for free.
Thanks. I get about 40-50K a year on my WF flights since 2013 as it can only be credited to EB. Will be a stretch to credit another 60K every year - as it might have to come at the expense of LH/BA/VS statuses and EB earnings on non-SK metal is worse than M/M.
Will give it a shot this year as I don't need to requalify for LH this year and have already done with BA.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Svantevit
As SK Diamond you can give away a star alliance gold card once per period - meaning that if you qualify before the end of your current EB period (which I guess 99% of people do) then you can actually give away two gold cards (one in the current period and one in the next).

I think that´s a pretty nift benefit.

Svantevit
Thanks- seems to be a decent benefit.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:41 am

And those are valid for around 2 years*... just gave away a card and the expiry date is 7/2016

*rest of the current qualification period + the next + 3 month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.