Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Plus - class of service in Icelandair codeshare?

SAS Plus - class of service in Icelandair codeshare?

Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So what booking class did you have?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:47 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt, SPG
Hi, on flysas.com, it said SAS Plus for both legs.

And in the itinerary it says:

Class Premium economy (Y)
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Interesting... the ticket is now issued, and SK assigned seats:

View Screen Capture

Outbound is issued on Q, inbound in J.

FI shows it as follows:

View Screen Capture
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:53 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting... the ticket is now issued, and SK assigned seats:

Outbound is issued on Q, inbound in J.

FI shows it as follows:
Yeah, so you will be seated at row 4, exactly as me on Sunday. Large wide seats but economy service. Not sure about lounge access in KEF, probably should be but definitely a lounge in CPH.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
You normally get lounge access to the SAGA lounge if you fly SK to KEF as EBG/EBD.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:52 am

FI lounge access at CPH:

Icelandair Saga Class passengers and Gold card members: SAS lounge at Terminal 3. Open from 05:30 - 23:00.
Icelandair Comfort Class passengers and Silver card members: Aviator lounge
I'll try to get in with my BP (which should be the SK two flights on one BP format), if they don't allow it (see above, I have a FI onward flight in economy and only *G), I'll move on and use my PP card to check out the aviator and aspire lounge

On the way back CPH should be no issue in Plus and *G, in KEF I can get into the Saga lounge as 'Eco comfort' passenger: http://www.icelandair.us/information.../access-rules/

My point was that I'm assigned seat 1C on the way back, which is definitely Saga Business territory. If you look at the seat map trying to book Eco comfort on the way back, the last 2-2 seater row (6) shows as available for ASR, but 1-5 is for Business class only.

Not really bothered by all this on a 3h flight, just curious!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 11:22 am

Greetings from the SAS 'gold' pleasure temple. First try at the automated gates to enter didn't work, went to the 'computer says no' lady, who first started typing away before she noticed it was a FI flight, so the tape 'sorry sir, you are on a FI operated flight, please get out of my face' started playing. I politely pointed out that I bought a codeshare, following which she suprisingly agreed and started typing and clicking away to make it happen. My flight to KEF is 2+h late, so its good I got in. Still debating with myself if I should lounge hop...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
2hour delay in CPH sounds like a good reason to visit MASH over lounge hopping.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:40 am

Well, after sitting around (and when it became evident it was a 3h delay) I left the scandic pleasure temple and walked around the shopping maze that is CPH. The Aspire and Aviator lounges close at 8pm, so no lounge hopping.

To bring closure to this thread, when I checked in the morning, SK J indeed translated to FI Saga Class, ie their business. Sadly the flight was also delayed 3h15m which would have made me miss the connection to MUC in CPH. As much as I like scandic hospitality, I preffered to be home tonight, so I got rebooked onto SKs flights to OSL and then on to LH. Luckily LH still had one single seat in Y open, so rebooking was prompt. My prejudice of avoiding flights operated by 25+yr equipment were confirmed and I'll really think twice before booking FI again. Having to depart two hours early screwed up my plans for today big time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.