FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Purchase SAS lounge access on a international GO ticket (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1593972-purchase-sas-lounge-access-international-go-ticket.html)

gakke Jul 13, 2014 7:07 am

Purchase SAS lounge access on a international GO ticket

SAS is now offering Go passengers to purchase lounge access - $30 at on-line check-in or $38 at the lounge. As lounge access is available depending on space and the traffic situation, Paid Lounge access will be refunded if the lounge is full. Something you have to apply for up to 14 days after you last flight :( You can also chose to get a voucher good for your next trip.

No Fast Track!

• You can purchase lounge access as soon as you check in on-line.

• The offer is available at the following airports: Copenhagen, Stockholm Arlanda Terminal 5, Oslo, Helsinki, Gothenburg and Brussels.

• Access: After security control, follow the signs to the lounge. At the SAS Lounge, our staff there will help you with the rest.

• The offer is only valid on the day that you travel with a ticket for an international flight in SAS Go or Widerøe.

• The price per person is €22/$30 if you pay when you check in online or €28/$38 per person if you pay at the reception desk in the lounge. Payment can only be made using a credit card. You may bring a child under 2 years of age for no extra charge. Lounge access is available depending on space and the traffic situation. Please contact SAS staff at the lounge for more information.

• You must show your boarding pass and a receipt showing purchase for paid Lounge access before you can be admitted to a SAS Lounge. If you are unable to produce any of these items, this may result in not being invited into the SAS Lounge.

nacho Jul 13, 2014 7:31 am

That's a lame offer - I think CPH lounge doesn't worth anything close to EUR 22 per person. If you need wifi it's free all over CPH. Also nothing at SK's long haul destinations such as PVG.

FlightCancelled Jul 13, 2014 8:29 am

This is nothing new, it's been possible to buy access for several years.

Originally Posted by nacho (Post 23188112)
That's a lame offer - I think CPH lounge doesn't worth anything close to EUR 22 per person. If you need wifi it's free all over CPH. Also nothing at SK's long haul destinations such as PVG.

SAS does not have any SAS lounge at PVG, so the offer is obviously not available there.

Additionally it can well be worth the money if you're looking to get hand of some beers and some light snacks before your flight.

gakke Jul 13, 2014 9:19 am

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled (Post 23188329)

SAS started with a trial during the Easter holiday 2012, and because of the positive result, implemented this offer starting in summer holiday period 2012 for ARN, CPH and OSL.

What's new is:
  • The price is less.
  • It started last Wednesday.
  • There is no mention of "summer", so this might be permanent. OSL domestic, ORD, EWR and CDG are supposed to start on September 1st, so it looks as if it is permanent.
  • There are more airports available in this offer.
  • It can be purchased during on-line check-in.

AFAIK the price is comparable to what other airline lounges are charging.

nacho Jul 13, 2014 5:08 pm

SAS does not have any SAS lounge at PVG, so the offer is obviously not available there.

I thought SK Plus Pax can use the lounge in PVG, that's why I thought that PVG lounge is SK's

Additionally it can well be worth the money if you're looking to get hand of some beers and some light snacks before your flight.

Now I know why there was a total drunk on our flight that smells like you are at Noerreport Station on a Friday night. He smelled so bad and snored the whole way :td: My kids sat right behind him and they said he smelled bad - the guy sat next to him got moved but not those who were in front of/behind him.

Originally Posted by gakke (Post 23188538)
SAS started with a trial during the Easter holiday 2012, and because of the positive result, implemented this offer starting in summer holiday period 2012 for ARN, CPH and OSL.

What's new is:
  • The price is less.
  • It started last Wednesday.
  • There is no mention of "summer", so this might be permanent. OSL domestic, ORD, EWR and CDG are supposed to start on September 1st, so it looks as if it is permanent.
  • There are more airports available in this offer.
  • It can be purchased during on-line check-in.

AFAIK the price is comparable to what other airline lounges are charging.

There is another thread about how 'bad' the CPH SK Flagship lounge is. If you pay for it, you can choose to use CPH Apartment instead.

UltraRant Jul 15, 2014 1:42 pm

It'd only be worth if you want to take a shower in the CPH lounge after a long haul flight in GO and you have some time to kill before your connection leaves. Otherwise there's a lot of real food sold at those airports for that price, most airports have some free or cheap wifi now anyway and waiting for one hour in the lounge with the common peasant can be survived, I can tell from experience. Anyway, apart from the shower I don't think it's worth the money. :)

ps. As mentioned before: it's not new. SAS has advertised it on their check in machines in OSL for over a year now. The price is different, though, it's cheaper now. :)

pps. Smelly, drunk passengers are -together with babies who cry all the time and parents who just don't care- the most annoying thing you can encounter on especially long haul flights. I know I don't look or smell my best when deplaning such flights, that's why I am very happy with the shower at the CPH lounge. Someone should have informed mister passed-out-drunk about the option. :)