Search

SK1501 Tonight

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2014, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
SK1501 Tonight

2 things noteworthy.

Delayed 30mins for 10 passenger's who were incoming on a delayed flight from Oslo. Hadnt ever seen this before and many people seemed very dissatisfied with this as a cause for a delay.

2nd point. 11 rows of Plus on an A320. Every single seat was taken. Never seen this large amount of Plus passengers ever.
Old May 28, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
2 things noteworthy.

Delayed 30mins for 10 passenger's who were incoming on a delayed flight from Oslo. Hadnt ever seen this before and many people seemed very dissatisfied with this as a cause for a delay.
It's a question of what's economically most benefical. Delaying the departure for late incoming pax is something that happens occationally. Especially when we are talking about the last flight of the day.

2nd point. 11 rows of Plus on an A320. Every single seat was taken. Never seen this large amount of Plus passengers ever.
11 rows of Plus is fairly normal, especially to business-destinations like LHR. I once sat on a 737-700 with Plus going back to row 23 (!) and there only being 2 (!) rows of Go (where I sat with the seatrow for my self). This was between BGO and SVG on a morning flight (and I was actually on my way to LHR that day ).
Old May 29, 2014, 2:01 am
Original Poster

SK1501 Tonight

I have flown this route weekly for 6 years anf have never seen 11 rows of Plus with not 1 seat left empty!!! 11 rows yes, but with almost all middle seats empty. 66 Plus passengers just seems very high!
Old May 29, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: SK Diamond
I have flown this route weekly for 6 years anf have never seen 11 rows of Plus with not 1 seat left empty!!! 11 rows yes, but with almost all middle seats empty. 66 Plus passengers just seems very high!
Remember that in Scandinavia and many other European countries many have a long weekend right now, as this thursday is a bank holiday and many take the firday off to get a long weekend. Probably a lot more people travelling home and on weekend trips than on an average wednesday night.
Old May 29, 2014, 7:06 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
2 things noteworthy.

According to SAS' delay pages, SK 1501 was 26 mins late departing CPH yesterday, and 10 mins late arriving at LHR which is not a bad delay.

In my experience this is quite common on SK, at least on NO DOM. The last flight from Oslo to a given destination, is quite often held for some minutes if this means that some passengers are saved from having to spend a night at a hotel (but the do rush the passengers in question!).

I am thus not suprised that SK chooses to hold the flight, when the arrival delay is expected to be nearly insignificant, in fact I would expect it in this case where the delay at destination is less than 15 minutes.

With ten minutes delay at the final destination, as on SK1501, I have very little sympathy with the "many people [who] seemed very dissatisfied with this as a cause for a delay.". They were ten minutes delayed to LHR, but the ten passengers who could have misconnected would have been 12 hours late to London, so a good, and correct decision by SK OPS.

I wonder why they were late, though. No connecting flights on SK/WF from OSL or TRF were significantly delayed yesterday evening according to the SAS delays page. Could these passengers have been rerouted via Oslo due to the cancelled flight from KRS earlier yesterday, and having been rerouted onto an illegal (10 min) connection?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ksu
According to SAS' delay pages, SK 1501 was 26 mins late departing CPH yesterday, and 10 mins late arriving at LHR which is not a bad delay.

In my experience this is quite common on SK, at least on NO DOM. The last flight from Oslo to a given destination, is quite often held for some minutes if this means that some passengers are saved from having to spend a night at a hotel (but the do rush the passengers in question!).

I am thus not suprised that SK chooses to hold the flight, when the arrival delay is expected to be nearly insignificant, in fact I would expect it in this case where the delay at destination is less than 15 minutes.

With ten minutes delay at the final destination, as on SK1501, I have very little sympathy with the "many people [who] seemed very dissatisfied with this as a cause for a delay.". They were ten minutes delayed to LHR, but the ten passengers who could have misconnected would have been 12 hours late to London, so a good, and correct decision by SK OPS.

I wonder why they were late, though. No connecting flights on SK/WF from OSL or TRF were significantly delayed yesterday evening according to the SAS delays page. Could these passengers have been rerouted via Oslo due to the cancelled flight from KRS earlier yesterday, and having been rerouted onto an illegal (10 min) connection?
You presume the SAS delay pages are correct
Old May 29, 2014, 7:27 am
ksu

You presume the SAS delay pages are correct
I do.
Old May 29, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
Remember that in Scandinavia and many other European countries many have a long weekend right now, as this thursday is a bank holiday and many take the firday off to get a long weekend. Probably a lot more people travelling home and on weekend trips than on an average wednesday night.
I was also on a full SK flight yesterday night. I think only 5 rows of PLUS, but all seats taken (actually also all GO seats taken as well). A long weekend in DK.

The flight departed few minutes late as it was waiting for late arriving pax -- it happens almost every week for me, and usually our arrival time is on schedule, as it was yesterday.
Old May 29, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: SK-EBD*G, AF Ivory, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG, Carlson Concierge, Hilton Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ksu
Fully agree
Old Jun 2, 2014, 6:15 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ksu

Also fully agree with this and would appreciate the same curtousy if my flight were slightly late, enabling me to catch the connecting flight!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:07 am
ksu

11 Rows Plus on 737-600

2 things noteworthy.

(...)

Flying TOS-TRD (with a stop in BOO) on a 737-600 later today. I am in row 11 (the emergency exit row, the emergency exit row with just two seats is row 10 in this configuration). The Plus section is thus half the 22-row aircraft. From the seat map, only middle seats are still available in Plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.