Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Missing segments on SK PNR, should I care?

Old May 25, 2014, 6:04 am
Original Poster

I have booked a UA ticket where my USA segments are on UA and the transatlantic are on SK. The SK PNR keeps dropping the UA segments, so, for example, my return shows CPH-IAD-DFW on UA, but SK only shows CPH-IAD.

I tried calling once to get this fixed. SK made me call UA, then UA called SK directly while I was on the phone, and finally they said it was fixed, but nothing changed. Should I care and try to fix this again? My only concern is that I would like my bag checked through on the return, but since I have to pick it up in IAD for customs and redrop it, maybe UA will easily print me a new tag then.

What have others done in this situation before?

Thanks.
Old May 25, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Just show your UA itinerary and have your luggage checked all the way to DFW, you would obviously still have to drop it off after immigration in IAD but safe time not having to queue for UA desks. Then simply use the UA app or grab a boarding card from a machine when you get to IAD for the DFW segment?
Old May 26, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I'd also just use my UA itinerary if I were you. That's the most complete one. SK is known to have huge issues with IT (and priority luggage, and politeness, and various other things), so don't trust on them to get things fixed.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Just to update on this. I asked an agent on arrival where we should go when we went to leave (since it is so kiosk oriented at CPH) and first she said that the system would check the bag through. When I said again that the SAS reservation had dropped our last segment, she said we must be flying an airline that they did not partner with. When I pushed back that it was United, she finally said we should go to the self service assistance area.

When we went to fly out, we checked in at the kiosk to get our boarding passes, but said no bags at the kiosk. I got my bp ok at the kiosk, but the kiosk would not check in my boyfriend after it scanned in his green card, so he needed to go to self service assistance anyway.

We went to separate agents at self service since we were on separate PNRs. My agent would not do anything. She said they would check my bag through at bag drop, but her answer left me with the feeling that she was brushing me off. I went over to my bf who was still getting checked-in and told him what happened. His agent was much more helpful and offered to add in the segment when she was finished processing his. When she did all this, she was also able to print our UA boarding passes, which was nice.

So it all eventually worked out and we were able to use midfield immigration and customs at IAD as opposed to having to go to the main terminal if our bags hadn't been tagged all the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.