Gift gold card

Old May 14, 14, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBD (*G), BA Bronze, KLM Gold, Emirates Silver
Gift gold card

I will be Diamond one of the coming days, and Thus able to gift a gold Card.

But my earning year, ends by the end of the month. Will I then in the new year be able to gift another gold Card?

And what will validity be on the one I gift - follow my year or year of recipient?
Old May 14, 14, 3:22 pm
ekf

Programs: SK EBS
Originally Posted by tgj1974 View Post
I will be Diamond one of the coming days, and Thus able to gift a gold Card.

But my earning year, ends by the end of the month. Will I then in the new year be able to gift another gold Card?

And what will validity be on the one I gift - follow my year or year of recipient?
According to several reports you should get one card to gift for each qualification year (i.e. one now and one next month). The validity of the gifted card follows the recipients current qualification year + next (just as a regular status received from flying).

(If you wish to test the feature, you are more than welcome to try gifting the gold card to a mere EBS as myself )

Last edited by ekf; May 14, 14 at 3:27 pm Reason: Clarifications
Old May 15, 14, 4:19 am

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by ekf View Post
The validity of the gifted card follows the recipients current qualification year + next (just as a regular status received from flying).
Actually, the validity is calendar year plus three months, i.e. exp. 03/15, regardless of when you gift - so best to be quick! Just did it for my kids, who have a Jul-Jun qualification period.
Old May 15, 14, 10:56 am
ekf

Programs: SK EBS
Originally Posted by Pandion1Haliaetus View Post
Actually, the validity is calendar year plus three months, i.e. exp. 03/15, regardless of when you gift - so best to be quick! Just did it for my kids, who have a Jul-Jun qualification period.
That's interesting. It contradicts severals reports that I've read. It also raises a question regarding this wording in the terms.

"The number of months valid for the recipient of the donated EuroBonus card upgraded status to Silver, Gold or Diamond member will depend on when, during the recipient’s qualifications period, the upgrade is performed."
Old May 26, 14, 3:26 pm

Programs: EBP/SK*G, M&M FT, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Diamond
It seems that there was a mistake in the system, where the gifted gold cards had expiry 03/15 - after ekf's post I checked the physical EB cards and indeed, they have expiry 09/15 i.e. Follows recipients' qual period + 3 months. Was also now rectified in the system
Old Jun 12, 14, 2:27 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond, BAEC Silver
Another data point.

Gifted a Gold Card to a friend on 01-Jun-2014 which was the first day of a new qualification period for him (qualification period 01-Jun-2014 to 31-May-2015).

The SK branded MC Card shows expiry as 08-16 meaning that the status is valid for the recieving member's current period + next period + 3 months (a total of 2 years 3 months). Excellent

Svantevit
Old Jun 12, 14, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Svantevit View Post
Another data point.

Gifted a Gold Card to a friend on 01-Jun-2014 which was the first day of a new qualification period for him (qualification period 01-Jun-2014 to 31-May-2015).

The SK branded MC Card shows expiry as 08-16 meaning that the status is valid for the recieving member's current period + next period + 3 months (a total of 2 years 3 months). Excellent

Svantevit
SAS hotline told me same :-) New members ongoing period + the new one.
Old Jun 12, 14, 3:19 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Another data point.

Svantevit
Wow that is nice! IF you time it right you give more than 2 years of gold away.
Old Jun 12, 14, 4:41 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by diesel2k View Post
Wow that is nice! IF you time it right you give more than 2 years of gold away.
Why wouldn't you time it right ?? I gave away 27 months as Gold and it was very carefully calculated as such.

This is Flyertalk after all - we live for optimising stuff like this
Old Jun 12, 14, 5:19 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
Why wouldn't you time it right ?? I gave away 27 months as Gold and it was very carefully calculated as such.

This is Flyertalk after all - we live for optimising stuff like this
I am probably hitting Diamond early September, my qualifying period is until September 30th. Does this mean I can give away a gold card September 15th and then again October 1st. when my new period begins?

If this is true I am not getting one but two Gold card as gifts.
Old Jun 13, 14, 11:13 am

Programs: SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by diesel2k View Post
I am probably hitting Diamond early September, my qualifying period is until September 30th. Does this mean I can give away a gold card September 15th and then again October 1st. when my new period begins?

If this is true I am not getting one but two Gold card as gifts.
Yes, if your status clears, you should manage to gift a card, before your qualifying year ends. Rumours are that you will get a new one in the next year. But I don't recall anybody here who actually have been in this situation already. If so, please speak up.
Old Jun 13, 14, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wazow View Post
Yes, if your status clears, you should manage to gift a card, before your qualifying year ends. Rumours are that you will get a new one in the next year. But I don't recall anybody here who actually have been in this situation already. If so, please speak up.
I am still waiting for my new period give-away card (period starting 1/6). SAS hotline said it would take some days to update, but that was a week ago.
Old Jul 8, 14, 4:19 pm
BSJ

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by wazow View Post
I made diamond two weeks before my qualification period ended on Jun 30, and was able to give my wife a gold card. Today I have given my daughter a gold card. Two gold cards within 3 weeks, that’s ok.
Old Jul 8, 14, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Just received auto mail last week that now I could donate Again.
Old Sep 24, 14, 1:36 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Speed of receiving 'give away goldcard'

Hi folks

Any recent experience with the speed of giving a goldcard away – regarding:

- time from 100.000 threshold is registered to “give goldcard away”-option is available on homepage

- processing time from ordering to receiving card (straight EB, not co-branded)

I will reach 100 k quite soon and need the extra goldcard urgent for an overseas family holiday.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: