Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gift gold card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK*G, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gensmann
I just reached EBD and was looking forward to give away two gold cards: One in the current period and one in the next.
But as I already gifted a silver card during my current period (recipient enjoyed it over the summer) it seems I can only give away an additional silver card in the current period and not a gold card.

Can anyone else confirm this? I wonder if there's anything I can do...
Just call customer service and they will fix for you. Worked fine for me.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by gensmann
I just reached EBD and was looking forward to give away two gold cards: One in the current period and one in the next.
But as I already gifted a silver card during my current period (recipient enjoyed it over the summer) it seems I can only give away an additional silver card in the current period and not a gold card.

Can anyone else confirm this? I wonder if there's anything I can do...
I had excactly the same problem 4 days ago.

Called customer service which confirmed that I should be able to give a gold card when reaching diamond, even if I had given a silver in the same period (as EBG). But he could not fix it. I should write to a certain diamond email.

I did so Monday night, and Tuesday before noon I got reply. "No problem, tell me who shall receive the card, and will do it manually". It was fixed early afternoon.

Great attention. Not so great IT.

Last edited by Tango Alpha; Oct 23, 2014 at 11:15 pm
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: EBD
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gunlie
Just call customer service and they will fix for you. Worked fine for me.
Worked for me as well. Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 8:51 am

Advice needed.

I am running out of diamonds in one week, including the three month grace period. As it is, I have in that period earned the right to give away a gold card.

My question is, when will this option expire?

In one week (March 1th) I will be gold, but in my profile it states, that my quota expires November 30th (last day in my earning period).

Called SAS CS today to be sure. The answer was opposite. “Your last chance to give away a gold card is February 29th. Because then you are not diamond any more.”

Any experience here on that issue?

I would prefer to wait till March or April, as it would give the receiver almost one extra year (23 month in total) of gold status.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I think you have no chance to wait.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The systems are so basic that as soon as you're no longer flagged as Diamond it will stop letting you give away a gold card. Just like you can no longer log into the Diamond gift portal.

I wouldn't postpone past Monday.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:20 am

Never got this grace period thing... either you are Diamond, Gold or whatever or you are not. That "Oh we extend the status by three months but actually you do not have that status anymore" is nonsense.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The systems are so basic that as soon as you're no longer flagged as Diamond it will stop letting you give away a gold card. Just like you can no longer log into the Diamond gift portal.

I wouldn't postpone past Monday.
Especially also since it lets you gift 3 gold cards if you get diamond only once - 1 upon obtaining status, 1 in your year and 1 in your 3 months as gold with diamond card.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone tried gifting a gold card to an existing gold card member? I know the rules available online state that you cannot do so, but my Eurobonus year ends March 31 and the recipient's gold status expires April 30.

I plan to wait until a few days before I lose the right to donate the card, but I am a little uneasy about this and would appreciate feedback from anyone who might have tried it. Frankly, I don't trust any answer that SAS' customer service might give me in a special case like this.

I have qualified for diamond again next year so I could give him a card then, just hate to waste my best benefit this year.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:23 pm

I had the same issue, tired online and it didn't work. So I reached out to customer services... nothing you can do. You have to wait for the other member to fall back to EBS or EBB before can gift a Gold card again.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:42 pm

in my experience receiving a gold card gift, it was in my "Receive Card/Give away" part of My Eurobonus page, and wasn't active until I applied it. By my thinking the receipient could receive it in February and not apply it until April. Anyone confirm this will or will not work?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:49 pm

No, it does not work. As the one gifting the card you have to enter the membership number of the member to receive the card. If that member still has Gold status the system will break our with an error message that the member already has the Gold status.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:50 pm

Ah, I see. Thank you. How about if the recipient was EBB or EBS, they could wait until the start of new qualifying year to activate? Possibly?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by w0r1dtrave1er
How about if the recipient was EBB or EBS, they could wait until the start of new qualifying year to activate? Possibly?
Now idea how long the 'invitation' will be valid, I think last time I gifted the card the mails said something like 'accept within x days' but I might be wrong.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 2:22 pm

Thanks folks.

I trust your judgment/experience. But then the information in my profile “valid until 30th November” is wrong. Surprise...

I better act now, but Fassy brought me other bad news: Can’t give a new gold card to an existing gold card member.

Rules are rules, but I don’t understand. Giving gold to a non-gold would in average get a longer validity than just prolonging an existing one.

Wife will be unhappy, daughter will be happy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.