Wiki Posts
Search

Gift gold card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Hi folks

Any recent experience with the speed of giving a goldcard away – regarding:

- time from 100.000 threshold is registered to “give goldcard away”-option is available on homepage
The option is immediately available and the process just takes 2 minutes. You grant the card, the receiver gets a mail and has to accept it - done, the account get upgrade in an instant.

- processing time from ordering to receiving card (straight EB, not co-branded)
Depends where they live the shipment of the card could take some time. To my girlfriend here in Sweden it was about two weeks.

Tell you friends/folks/whatever to download the SAS App to show the card. That should be good enough for *A lounge agents which are the only ones who actually want to see the shiny card.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:43 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Thanks, fassy!

With 3 weeks for the processing/posting in my case it makes me optimistic.

Good advice with the app as backup.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:36 am

I can supplement myself. I gave my daughter a silver card recently, and my daughter just told me, that she received her silver card – which is a DC-card – in less than a week. She lives in Copenhagen.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:38 pm

Gift gold card

The co-branded credit cards arrive usual very fast

My MasterCard was in my inbox 5 days after I passed the threshold.

The cards from SAS take some time to arrive...
Old Sep 30, 2014, 3:12 pm

Does anyone know if there are any sites where you can trade giveaway cards with others?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:29 am

Gift gold card

I don't think so and I think it us against the T&C

otherwise check the usual suspects like message boards and places like eBay, blocket etc.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 pm

Really? The T&C generally states "Friends or Family" - and while family is quite specific, I don't think friends are. But I see your point.

I generally fly a lot with *A but on occasion I have to fly with oneworld/skyteam and I really miss the lounge access and fast-track when that happens. So I thought I'd see if I could befriend someone with a give-away card there and trade with the one I got from my Diamond card.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by xmeran
Really? The T&C generally states "Friends or Family" - and while family is quite specific, I don't think friends are. But I see your point.

I generally fly a lot with *A but on occasion I have to fly with oneworld/skyteam and I really miss the lounge access and fast-track when that happens. So I thought I'd see if I could befriend someone with a give-away card there and trade with the one I got from my Diamond card.
It is reasonably trivial to get OW Silver for lounge access with them. Especially if you can ride a promotion.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
you can status match to AB gold from EBG (they give you a challenge typically). AB gold gives you lounge access on OW.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:53 am

To EBD’s (or others): Is the member with a gifted gold card a “real” gold member? E.g. with 25 % extra earnings, free MC/DC card and the possibility to give away a silver card?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:56 am

To EBD’s (or others): Is the member with a gifted gold card a “real” gold member? E.g. with 25 % extra earnings, free MC/DC card and the possibility to give away a silver card?
Yes, to all.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:16 am

Gift gold card

Great.

Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
So basically it does not make sense to gift away two Silver cards. Instead gift one Gold card and the Gold owner can then gift a silver card.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:14 am

I have no idea why someone ever would want to give away two rather worthless silver cards compared to a really useful Golden one in the first place.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: EBD
I just reached EBD and was looking forward to give away two gold cards: One in the current period and one in the next.
But as I already gifted a silver card during my current period (recipient enjoyed it over the summer) it seems I can only give away an additional silver card in the current period and not a gold card.

Can anyone else confirm this? I wonder if there's anything I can do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.