Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A glass of water?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Tested the 'free' water option last week in LLA-ARN Go. No dice. The purser was pretty friendly but said the only thing free is coffee or tea. I said my boys drink neither, he replied 'then buy a drink for them, water is xx SEK per bottle'
Slick move of the FA. I think he needs promotion to Sales.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Slick move of the FA. I think he needs promotion to Sales.
We experienced the same thing too, last time MMX-ARN-KRN and return, the crew very specifically said if you want water it's 25 SEK or 2.5 EUR per bottle.

I brought empty bottles, unscrewed all the lids put them somewhere when I go through security, then I ran to the nearest toilet to fill them up with water for the kids.

I guess they don't care about kids so much - and frankly my kids really don't like flying SK, about half of the time they don't get toys, and once in a while there are some very sweet crew.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OK, correction, before anyone thinks I let my kids die of thirst because its not 'free': my wife introduced both of them to the wonderful artificial additive world of Festis at LLA, so both were not thirsty.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:17 am

OK, correction, before anyone thinks I let my kids die of thirst because its not 'free': my wife introduced both of them to the wonderful artificial additive world of Festis at LLA, so both were not thirsty.
Yes, that was no doubt the first thing I thought. I was already looking for the email of the child protection department... I assumed you found a solution, don't worry. I hope they liked the Festis. I've tried during my last trip to Sweden and it wasn't my favorite.

I actually do the same now as nacho nowadays, especially now that OSL got a lot of cold water taps with bottle filling facilities just after security. It's much cheaper and of equally good quality. And something with being environmentally friendly and so for reusing a bottle (while on yet another plane, but disregard that).
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Festis - that's basically sugar. I never let my kids drink it. Don't worry I have kids so I know they don't die of thirst for a 1 hour flight

Tap water tastes good - and most the bottled water are some sort of tap water anyway.

Mr. got his empty bottle with cap on confiscated at MMX once (he forgot to unscrew and put it somewhere), so it's better to play safe.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yep Festis is indeed an evil concoction that makes me proud as a chemical engineer. To be 'enjoyed' in moderation, just like McDirt catering...
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by nacho
Festis - that's basically sugar. I never let my kids drink it. Don't worry I have kids so I know they don't die of thirst for a 1 hour flight

Tap water tastes good - and most the bottled water are some sort of tap water anyway.

Mr. got his empty bottle with cap on confiscated at MMX once (he forgot to unscrew and put it somewhere), so it's better to play safe.
Having to have the bottle cap removed must be one of those very, very local European hand luggage safety rules. I never heard of it and never had ti deliver my bottle anywhere. Sometimes I had to say though that the bottle was empty and that empty bottles are allowed when a security agent proudly presents me the evidence of me being a potential water terrorist, but at least an empty bottle terrorist.

AMS also used to be a place with particular very, very local European rules. It was the only place in the world where everyone had to remove all cables for all hand luggage. Needless to say, no one (except very frequent visitors) are prepared for this, which made security a painfully slow and frustrating pastime. Add the arrogant attitude and amateurish performance of the 'professionals' and you can imagine that it wasn't the coziest place on earth, either. Fortunately things have improved a bit there.

Last edited by UltraRant; Aug 21, 2015 at 6:50 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Yep Festis is indeed an evil concoction that makes me proud as a chemical engineer. To be 'enjoyed' in moderation, just like McDirt catering...
Hallonsoda is the way to go, if you can get it.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 3:12 pm

Today OSL-ARN they offered a glass of water for free, bottle for purchase. Still seems to be random on the mood of the crew...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:31 am

@fassy: That means SAS is still consistently inconsistent. Nothing new here.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:39 am

What is really baffling is how they account for everything. Plus pax can have everthing and I didn't notice them writing down what they handed out for free in the first few rows, before they start BOB in Go. So technically the FA can open a water bottle in PLus and serve water in Go without breaching any rule and/or filling the swill on tap from the coffee makers to serve as water.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:58 am

What is really baffling is how they account for everything. Plus pax can have everthing and I didn't notice them writing down what they handed out for free in the first few rows, before they start BOB in Go. So technically the FA can open a water bottle in PLus and serve water in Go without breaching any rule and/or filling the swill on tap from the coffee makers to serve as water.
They used to put it in their terminals, usually done per row (or per guest, if it's a hungry/thirsty one ). Not sure if it changed recently, is depending on the crew or if they just forgot, but they used to do something...

Nevertheless, even if they register everything, they can just put a bottle of water on plus passengers while serving it in go.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:33 am

Handing out my Ramlösa can and actually I was nice enough to "Diamond" sponsor a soda for the kid next to me the FA did not put down a note, just handed out the cans and moved on.

Don't think they do any accounting at all.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On long haul Plus once and they gave out drinks without taking any note/inputting anything into their machines.

I think the issue with water - whether you get it or not highly dependent on how to crew feel about it - it just like toys for the kids, sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't (even if you ask).

Once again - inconsistency.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by nacho
On long haul Plus once and they gave out drinks without taking any note/inputting anything into their machines.
I think long haul Plus is different from short haul. Haven't seen them taking notes anywhere on long haul plus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.