Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Interline agreements between SAS and MEA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I want to know whether an interline agreement exists between SAS and MEA (Middle East airlines)?

I have 2 seperate tickets and want to know if MEA (origin airport) will accept to transfer the luggage at check in through multiple countries (more than 1 stop) to the final destination with SAS.

This is my following itenary:

1) BEY to ATH (via MEA)
2) ATH to OSL (via SAS)
3) OSL to CPH (via SAS)

So is it possibe to ask the check in agent in BEY to transfer the luggage to CPH? or would I have to collect the baggage at a certain point and check it in again?

Please advise

Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:14 pm

No you don't need to collect luggage at ATH. Just give the check-in agent in BEY your SAS booking details and they will print out a tag and check in the luggage all the way through. If the agent is incompetent or doesn't know how to go about it, ask them to refer you to a knowledgeable colleague who can do that or a supervisor.
I once had to fly Thai first then Emirates and the Thai agent took ages but checked my luggage all the way through. It is feasible but not common.
The only airlines that don't do this are low-cost ones like ryanair and the likes.
Bon voyage.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: EBS
Originally Posted by mona2013
Hi,

I want to know whether an interline agreement exists between SAS and MEA (Middle East airlines)?

I have 2 seperate tickets and want to know if MEA (origin airport) will accept to transfer the luggage at check in through multiple countries (more than 1 stop) to the final destination with SAS.

This is my following itenary:

1) BEY to ATH (via MEA)
2) ATH to OSL (via SAS)
3) OSL to CPH (via SAS)

So is it possibe to ask the check in agent in BEY to transfer the luggage to CPH? or would I have to collect the baggage at a certain point and check it in again?

Please advise

Thanks

SK and ME has an interline agreement. So they should be able to check your bags through all the way to CPH.

Originally Posted by asalmane
No you don't need to collect luggage at ATH. Just give the check-in agent in BEY your SAS booking details and they will print out a tag and check in the luggage all the way through. If the agent is incompetent or doesn't know how to go about it, ask them to refer you to a knowledgeable colleague who can do that or a supervisor.
I once had to fly Thai first then Emirates and the Thai agent took ages but checked my luggage all the way through. It is feasible but not common.
The only airlines that don't do this are low-cost ones like ryanair and the likes.
Bon voyage.
An interline agreement has to be in place for through check-in of bags. Such agreements are common between legacy carriers, but not mandatory. For instance; SK-BA is a no-go. So you were just lucky that an interline agreement exist between Emirates and Thai.

Last edited by HenrikP; Apr 16, 2014 at 10:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.