Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:48 pm
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by TheFlyingForna
Good Evening Folks,
Hope you can share your experience with me and give some suggestions regarding my future flight with Scandinavian Airlines.
I've booked a flight from Milan MXP to Tromso via Copenhagen Kasturp. Both flights, as you know, are on Schengen Area.
All the Flights are on single ticket, and all with Scandinavian Airlines.
Milan MXP - Copenhagen flight: 11:20 - 13:20
Copenhagen - Tromso flight: 14:05 - 16:35

Considering that I have an appointment in Tromso at 20:00 pm, and my flight from Kasturp is the only one in the day and in the following days (CPH-TRO is operated twice a week on Wed and Sat), do you think that my connection time is enough even the flight made a little delay from Milan?
Just consider that the much delay I've seen from the historical data was this Saturday 03 March 2018 due to freezing and Snow in Milan (2 hours for the MXP-CPH) and 18 hours (the next day, for CPH TRO) for a technical problem i suppose (it's a new flight).

Hope SAS will wait for us in case of any delay since we have no another flights for 4 days.

Thanks
If you miss the flight, they will rebook you on the first available connection through OSL: (CPH-TOS might be twice weekly, but CPH-OSL and OSL-TOS are frequent). With a delay of more than half an hour they probably won't hold the flight for you, but will rebook you with a 16.10 departure from CPH and a 20.25 arrival in Troms.:
  • 16:10 – 17:25 (01h 15m)
    Kbenhavn CPH – Oslo OSL
    Flyavgang SK 460 Airbus Industrie A321
    Flys av Scandinavian Airlines
  • Transferflyplass Oslo OSL
  • 18:35 – 20:25 (01h 50m)
    Oslo OSL – Troms TOS
    Flyavgang SK 4432 Boeing 737-700 (Winglets)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ksu
If you miss the flight, they will rebook you on the first available connection through OSL: (CPH-TOS might be twice weekly, but CPH-OSL and OSL-TOS are frequent). With a delay of more than half an hour they probably won't hold the flight for you, but will rebook you with a 16.10 departure from CPH and a 20.25 arrival in Troms.:
  • 16:10 17:25 (01h 15m)
    Kbenhavn CPH Oslo OSL
    Flyavgang SK 460 Airbus Industrie A321
  • Transferflyplass Oslo OSL
  • 18:35 20:25 (01h 50m)
    Oslo OSL Troms TOS
    Flyavgang SK 4432 Boeing 737-700 (Winglets)
Thanks for the Replay.
Well in that case I'll miss my appointment (and i don't want to consider this scenario).
I hope that SAS will be consider holding the connection (even in a 30 minutes delay) since in most of the cases Oslo-Tromso flights are completely full and on the 19th I'll return to Italy. Missing a connection is a failure and expense for the company (so i think they could avoid, if possible)....

Regards
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:28 pm

I doubt they hold the flight for you. If the appointment is that important, Id be looking for alternatives...
45 min is doable in CPH but if your inbound flight is late... you are out of luck.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I would call SAS customer service hotline whether they can book you on an earlier flight, e.g. on the Lufthansa flight to MUC (either from MXP or BGY) connecting on a SK flight to Copenhagen arriving at 11:20 in CPH. As alternative you could also take the direct easyjet flight in the early morning and ask SAS to drop the first leg for you.

It is very common that SAS does not offer (longer) connections on their webpage, but you need to call them to book this itinerary (and I did this successfully often in the same fare class). This is a big minus of the webpage as it could be beneficial for so many reasons (e.g. for attending an important phone conference during the day while you are connecting) to book an earlier flight.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: united
short connection

Hi there! Does anyone forsee any issue making this connection? I was told it's possible. Last week the plane left SFO 30 min late. Not sure if it made up time.

SAS936 landing @1:15pm

departing SAS585 @ 2:20pm

Thanks. Looking forward to my first experience on SAS.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 10:01 pm
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
65 min is oodles of time to make a connection.

A 30 min delay makes things tight but still doable
Paul Berger likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, EBS, HH Silver
No worries, you should generally be ok!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Generally, a 65 minute connection in Copenhagen is fine, I would not worry about it.

SK585 is a 6am flight though. So I guess that you mistyped the flight number for the connecting flight.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
This will be no issue at all. You are almost guaranteed to make that connection. SK 936 is hardly never seriously late - even if arrival into CPH is delayed for 30-40 min you still have a good chance to make it to the CDG flight in time.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:50 pm

I've booked STR-CPH-SFO SAS Plus on one ticket where the STR-CPH is SK658 10:05-11:35, the TATL is CPH-SFO 12:25-14:45. I know that 50 minutes connection time is enough at CPH, but It's not rare that SK658 leaves Stuttgart late and arrives at CPH about 12:00 or later. In that case, what do you think on which connection to SFO would SAS rebook my flight? Thanks for helping in advance,
Tom
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by tom_19662
I've booked STR-CPH-SFO SAS Plus on one ticket where the STR-CPH is SK658 10:05-11:35, the TATL is CPH-SFO 12:25-14:45. I know that 50 minutes connection time is enough at CPH, but It's not rare that SK658 leaves Stuttgart late and arrives at CPH about 12:00 or later. In that case, what do you think on which connection to SFO would SAS rebook my flight? Thanks for helping in advance,
Tom
That is almost impossible to guess, as it would depend on availability on a given day. But if you are proactive, you can potentially influence the route that you end up on. Research a bit what your preferred alternatives are, and monitor the inbound flight to STR to see if you will be delayed.

All being said, even with a 12:00 arrival, I suspect that they will get you on the SFO flight. Just be ready to move quickly.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by tom_19662
Tom
As said, hard to predict.

But an obvious rebooking could be SK943 to ORD at 15.40 and further on with UA (arrive 22.50).

LH at 12.55 (via MUC) or 14.55 (via FRA) are other likely options. And as stated by CPH-Flyer, it can be useful to have your own suggestions before lining up. I have had success a couple of time insisting on my own preferences.

I wouldnt worry in advance, but it is good to be prepared!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:02 pm

Ok, so cool down & let's wait and see ist the maxim for me. Thanks for your help @CPH-Flyer and @Tango Alpha,
Danke schn!
Tom
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Sorry to bump this thread up again, I am landing in from SIN on SQ and flying out on a separate ticket with BA, I have 3 hours or so but I'm curious how much I have to go through in regards to transfers, hand baggage only. Is there a non Schengen transfer etc?
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you have your boarding pass printed, or on your phone, you can proceed to connections, go through transit security, and that's it. BA is now using the lounge in the non Schengen area. So you should be fine without entering the Schengen section.

There is not much in terms of restaurants or cafes, things to do in the non Schengen section, if you don't have lounge access and don't need a Schengen visa, for 3 hours I would pass through to the Schengen area.
Sort of the same bump but someone correct me if Im wrong in assuming Im in basically the same situation, but Im not familiar enough with CPH to know if EasyJet arrives in another unconnected terminal area to the long haul/*A flights.
I am flying EasyJet TXL-CPH on one ticket and then SK CPH-SFO on another. Its a short 4 day trip to Berlin so I may just do only a carry on. If I get my BP on the app or print it can I stay airside? Ill have about 3h connection so if I do end up checking a bag I wouldnt see why thats not enough time to go landslide, claim my bag and re-check it at the SK counter?

Last edited by JVPhoto; Apr 11, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The whole of Copenhagen Airport is connected airside. Last I checked, Easyjet used A gates. Long haul use the C gates.

Even if you don't have your boarding pass you can stay airside, and just go to the SK transfer center and get the boarding pass. Provided you are only doing carry on.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 11, 2018 at 11:25 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.