Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Old May 23, 2017, 2:04 am

Hello SAS board,

flying AKL-BKK-CPH in J on TG, and then CPH-AMS in Y on SK (booked in Go, so with luggage) on a separate ticket with about 6 hours time in between.

Would you insist in AKL that bags are checked through so that we only go through transfer security, or is normal security (we have *G) not much of a hassle if we pick up and recheck our bags?

Not particularly worried about time, it's mostly that I hate queuing.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Hello SAS board,

flying AKL-BKK-CPH in J on TG, and then CPH-AMS in Y on SK (booked in Go, so with luggage) on a separate ticket with about 6 hours time in between.

Would you insist in AKL that bags are checked through so that we only go through transfer security, or is normal security (we have *G) not much of a hassle if we pick up and recheck our bags?

Whilst I would certainly push for the bags to be checked through, either way and with plenty of time between flights plus the fact that you will be able to use fast track at security, I would even consider to catch the train and head to the city rather than spending 6 hours hours in a [mediocre] lounge.

G
Old May 23, 2017, 2:26 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Would you insist in AKL that bags are checked through
Yes - but have no idea of the outcome.

so that we only go through transfer security, or is normal security (we have *G) not much of a hassle if we pick up and recheck our bags?.
Normal security at CPH can at present be around 10-15 minutes. But you would be at security at around 8.30-9.00 and that is a somewhat off peak. You can use SAS business check in, but NOT fast track.

Me too.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
You can use SAS business check in, but NOT fast track.
Indeed and just to correct my previous post (I was convinced you had status with SK for some odd reason): unless you are flying Plus (which doesn't seem to be the case on this particular occasion), then no fast track available (also given that SK does not feature amongst the CPH Express list of airlines).

G
Old May 23, 2017, 2:54 am

Thank you for your quick replies. I'm not sure TG staff in AKL would be super familiar with SK's policies so they might just say no.

As for spending time in town we'll see, we'll have a 1yo in tow so just chilling in the lounge (I was reading about the day rooms, it would be amazing if they still exist) might be easiest for everyone involved.
Old May 23, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Thank you for your quick replies. I'm not sure TG staff in AKL would be super familiar with SK's policies so they might just say no.

As for spending time in town we'll see, we'll have a 1yo in tow so just chilling in the lounge (I was reading about the day rooms, it would be amazing if they still exist) might be easiest for everyone involved.
It is more about TG's policies than SK's, plus the agents knowledge of the sytem and willingness to do it. I would guess AKL is an outsourced station, which would reduce the likelyhood of them being able to check your back through.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Sorry to bump this thread up again, I am landing in from SIN on SQ and flying out on a separate ticket with BA, I have 3 hours or so but I'm curious how much I have to go through in regards to transfers, hand baggage only. Is there a non Schengen transfer etc?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Leaping_Deere
Sorry to bump this thread up again, I am landing in from SIN on SQ and flying out on a separate ticket with BA, I have 3 hours or so but I'm curious how much I have to go through in regards to transfers, hand baggage only. Is there a non Schengen transfer etc?
If you have your boarding pass printed, or on your phone, you can proceed to connections, go through transit security, and that's it. BA is now using the lounge in the non Schengen area. So you should be fine without entering the Schengen section.

There is not much in terms of restaurants or cafes, things to do in the non Schengen section, if you don't have lounge access and don't need a Schengen visa, for 3 hours I would pass through to the Schengen area.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you have your boarding pass printed, or on your phone, you can proceed to connections, go through transit security, and that's it. BA is now using the lounge in the non Schengen area. So you should be fine without entering the Schengen section.

There is not much in terms of restaurants or cafes, things to do in the non Schengen section, if you don't have lounge access and don't need a Schengen visa, for 3 hours I would pass through to the Schengen area.
I have lounge access so that's good to know
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Hi All,

I'm flying ATH - CPH on SAS arriving at 3:55pm. I have a separate ticket on Norwegian Departing at 5:50pm CPH - FLL. It would require a transfer from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2. Departure date is a Sunday and we have NO luggage, only carry on. Is 2 hour sufficient to make the connection?

I also have another option to arrive at 11:50am. I would prefer not to have to do this, but if I had to, would the 6 hours allow me enough time to spend an adequate amount of time touring Copenhagen?

Appreciate all the assistance.

-Andrew
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent
Hi All,

I'm flying ATH - CPH on SAS arriving at 3:55pm. I have a separate ticket on Norwegian Departing at 5:50pm CPH - FLL. It would require a transfer from Terminal 3 to Terminal 2. Departure date is a Sunday and we have NO luggage, only carry on. Is 2 hour sufficient to make the connection?

I also have another option to arrive at 11:50am. I would prefer not to have to do this, but if I had to, would the 6 hours allow me enough time to spend an adequate amount of time touring Copenhagen?

Appreciate all the assistance.

-Andrew
T2 and T3 are connected airside, and land side it is one building with maybe 5 minutes walk from exiting arrivals to the Norwegian check in area.

Generally I would say enough time if everything is on time. Of course you run the full risk of a delay on separate tickets, so I would probably take the earlier connection if it was my booking.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
T2 and T3 are connected airside, and land side it is one building with maybe 5 minutes walk from exiting arrivals to the Norwegian check in area.

Generally I would say enough time if everything is on time. Of course you run the full risk of a delay on separate tickets, so I would probably take the earlier connection if it was my booking.
Thank you for the swift response. Since they are connected would I need to clear passport/immigration control?
Old Jan 14, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB

Thank you for the swift response. Since they are connected would I need to clear passport/immigration control?
For sure. The US is not part of the Schengen area.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 4:42 am

At times CPH immigration can be a mess.... some other time it is a breeze, hard to predict. Anyhow, after they installed the automatic passport readers, it seems the messy times become the usual.

If you see the enormous ball-queue at the CPH immigration and run short on time, just flank around the crowd and explain it nicely to the first few people in the line that you need to catch a connecting flight and are short on time. Even though Scandinavians hate people cutting the line, they are to Scandinavian to call it out and send you away - most of the time they just swallow it with a sick smile or even are happy to help a fellow passenger in distress.

Works for me always at CPH and ARN. (ARN is probably worse than CPH) Anyhow, I only use this if I'm really short on time and if I'm not and somebody does the same I let them in hopeing they are not just a**holes trying to skip the line.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:14 am

45 Minutes Connection Flight in Kasturp

Good Evening Folks,
Hope you can share your experience with me and give some suggestions regarding my future flight with Scandinavian Airlines.
I've booked a flight from Milan MXP to Tromso via Copenhagen Kasturp. Both flights, as you know, are on Schengen Area.
All the Flights are on single ticket, and all with Scandinavian Airlines.
Milan MXP - Copenhagen flight: 11:20 - 13:20
Copenhagen - Tromso flight: 14:05 - 16:35

Considering that I have an appointment in Tromso at 20:00 pm, and my flight from Kasturp is the only one in the day and in the following days (CPH-TRO is operated twice a week on Wed and Sat), do you think that my connection time is enough even the flight made a little delay from Milan?
Just consider that the much delay I've seen from the historical data was this Saturday 03 March 2018 due to freezing and Snow in Milan (2 hours for the MXP-CPH) and 18 hours (the next day, for CPH TRO) for a technical problem i suppose (it's a new flight).

Hope SAS will wait for us in case of any delay since we have no another flights for 4 days.

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.