Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I hope you are not always this nervous and panicky!

In the extremely unlikely event that both:

a) your incoming flight from BHX is delayed, and
b) the short, 50-minute CPH-GOT flight on the Friday morning is sold out

you will already be told this the previous evening when you arrive at Copenhagen Airport and get yourself rebooked.

The train will get you there in under 4 hours. You can even have a lie-in in Copenhagen on Friday morning, and still get to Gothenburg in loads of time.

SAS would never compensate you for missing a night in your hotel at GOT (they would, afterall, be substituting it with a hotel in Copenhagen instead). Either way, you still get a free night in a hotel - just in a different location - so there really is nothing to compensate you for as regards accommodation.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Since this concerns an SAS itinerary, it's been moved to the dedicated SAS forum.

NOTE: This thread originated at the flame-free Information Desk — please reply accordingly.

Good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:48 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
I do BHX-GOT no less than once a month and many of these trips I come home BHX-CPH-GOT with the last flight.

CPH is a dream of an airport to make such a connection. The incoming flight will arrive at the end of the C pier (near C30) or the end of D pier (D104). You will need to walk through passport control. Not queue at that hour. The connection to GOT most often leaves from the B gates to right closest to passport control. If all goes well, I am typically at the gate 10-15 minutes before boarding so plenty of time.

Never had a problem with the incoming from BHX. The flight to GOT can be delayed waiting on other connections, not unusual for SK to hold the departure 10-30 minutes to wait for late incoming flights. Unluckily for me 3 of the last 6 trips CPH-GOT on this flight the airplane has gone tech, delaying departure as well, but that is a random occurance (I hope).

As per other posters, if for whatever reason you don't make the flight, the first train out from CPH arrives Göteborg C at 820, plenty of time to collect keys.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by HelloThere123
Thank you both for you help. I bought the ticket through KAYAk.com and specified I wanted a return from Birmingham to Gothenburg, so I think my tickets were not bought seperately even though I will need seperate tickets for each flight.

I liked the idea to get the train if all goes badly although I would have to pay for that myself and I would miss my reservation for the hotel I have booked at Landvetter Airport (Gothenburg) on the Thursday evening. Would I be compensated for this?

Finally, and most importantly, if I miss the connection, I need to get on that 8:30 Friday morning plane as any after that will mean I won't have time to be able to pick up my keys (I need to get them by 3pm). I am travelling by myself, but what chance do you think I have of getting a seat on that flight, or will it be full being a morning flight?

Thanks
There is no Oresundstag train service to GOT from CPH after the latter part of the 8pm hour. SJ train service to GOT after 10 pm? Not sure it would be a good alternative, as it's very slow/long and sleeping on the trains (which may involve a change of trains, in much the same manner as may be possible with commuter trains too) wouldn't be so comfortable as a hotel bed. I would probably put up at a hotel for the night at Kastrup or somewhere like Malmo or Helsingborg for the night and carry on to GOT in the early morning. That, or get SK to put me on the next available CPH-GOT flight or the next morning train to GOT.

Ordinarily 45 minute connections at CPH at your time work out well; and SK seems to hold the last flights a bit for those customers who are marginally late and coming off incoming SK flights.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 7:16 am

Thanks for all your help! I am happy I should make the connection... if not I will blame you guys :P Only kidding
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:41 pm

Lightbulb WAS to TXL; 45 minutes layover too short in Copenhagen?

Planning on going TXL-CPH-WAS (sorry. title was wrong). Is a 45 minutes layover too short or can I make it, provided the flight from TXL is on time?
Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:26 pm

WAS to TXL; 45 minutes layover too short in Copenhagen?

Yes, you can if the TXL flight is on time.

Connecting in CPH is quick and efficient.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by kwehrhahn
Planning on going TXL-CPH-WAS (sorry. title was wrong). Is a 45 minutes layover too short or can I make it, provided the flight from TXL is on time?
Thanks!
I assume you mean IAD since you wrote WAS?

In most cases it will be OK, but I would never book something like that. You don't have much extra time to spare in case of a delay. IMO 45 minutes connection time is too short when connecting to an IC flight.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It is within MCT, so I would be quite OK to book it. Provided of course it is on a single ticket.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
@sky74 You can even be 30 minutes late and still make your connection. In CPH, you only go through pass control, not hand luggage control, which saves a lot of time. And in J you can use the business lounge, no problem. I see you also have UA gold, so you have StarAlliance gold, which means gold lounge access for both of you.

@Thunderroad: 55 minutes should be sufficient, especially since you stay in Schengen and thus don't have extra passport control. Just be aware that CDG is a fantastic airport to get a bit delay at departure. Usually that's calculated by the airline, so arrival will still be on time. Your luggage should be ok. If your hand luggage is within the regular limits it'd probably go on board.

@criostal: 50 minutes should be ok. 20 minutes delay should still mean you'd be able to make your connection.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: EB Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Question

How about the other way round? I have a booking with the family (2 toddlers) ZRH - CPH - IAD with a 1h connection in CPH all on SK in C. I am a bit worried because of possible additional security checks for US bound flights (if any?). What do you think? Thx
Old Sep 16, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
I have never experienced extra security within CPH for a flight to the US. There is a passport check but that is all. And usually it dosnt take more than 5mins.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
You almost have twice the time you need. If there is any check, it takes place at the gate, where they can't just leave you.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Arrived from HEL 11:50 to A-concourse (15 minutes behind schedule), flight to IAD scheduled to depart 12:20 from C-concourse. You only go through passport check on both outbound/inbound, no security check at all. Was at the gate 12:12 with normal walking speed, and after I boarded they closed the door immediately. Apparently they will wait for you the max time they can taking into consideration days flight time to ensure on-time arrival at destination, especially if your connecting flight is also by SAS.

And also my bags were loaded onboard!
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Furry
Arrived from HEL 11:50 to A-concourse (15 minutes behind schedule), flight to IAD scheduled to depart 12:20 from C-concourse. You only go through passport check on both outbound/inbound, no security check at all. Was at the gate 12:12 with normal walking speed, and after I boarded they closed the door immediately. Apparently they will wait for you the max time they can taking into consideration days flight time to ensure on-time arrival at destination, especially if your connecting flight is also by SAS.

And also my bags were loaded onboard!
Good to hear. I will have 35min connection next time and I will be in major trouble in end destination if I miss the flight (no rerouting options same day later). I will have bags checked too, but those will be minor trouble if not transfering in time.
I have connected in CPH many times and it works, but this time I am stressed a bit since I have had bad luck with lots of bussing to/from plane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.