Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: SAS
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Hei,
I got a flight from Amsterdam to Oslo, via Copenhagen. I will have one hour time, do you think that is enough time for me to dash into the SAS lounge to take a bite, i will landing at 21:45, and flying further at 22:45?
Sincerely,
SB
You should be just fine , and be able to spend some 20 mins in the lounge.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:27 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Suggestion: Could we make the MCT:s for CPH, OSL and ARN a sticky so that we don't get these questions every second week? Alternatively they could be put in the SAS FAQ. I know it's not directly SAS related, but still it seems the most appropriate place.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:32 am

If it takes 20 minutes to transfer including passport control it all looks fine then

marbe166, that is good shout actually, it seems like flight from CPH to ABZ is operated by Cimber. I will be watching it.
Old May 24, 2012, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Mrcepan990
If it takes 20 minutes to transfer including passport control it all looks fine then

marbe166, that is good shout actually, it seems like flight from CPH to ABZ is operated by Cimber. I will be watching it.
The Aberdeen flights are still operating (by new Cimber A/S), but I believe at slightly different times (departures at 8.25 and 15.00 I believe) - so please re-check.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:00 am

If it's 15.00 instead of 15.35 this connection will be gone for me. SAS website still shows old time, but I'll what happens on Saturday.
Old May 24, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by Mrcepan990
Thanks for your quick replies guys! I'm much more relaxed now However I have one more question.

Wilbur12 mentioned gates on the airport. I was wondering if there's any closure time in situation like this? Or Departure time is the only thing I should remember about?
Officially it’s 15 minutes, but in real life it is even less, even though SAS is eager to get out of the block ahead of schedule. A small complication could be, that the Cimber CRJ 200 might be parked at a remote position which means bus and an earlier closure.

But still. I wouldn’t worry even if the first leg is slightly delayed. SAS would like to get its transfer customers on board. But consider hand luggage only in order to get the raincoat to Aberdeen!
Old May 25, 2012, 7:17 am

But consider hand luggage only in order to get the raincoat to Aberdeen!
I will probably surprise you now, but Aberdeen is veeeery sunny in last few days! It's meant to be snowing next week though

Anyway, after some thinking we decided to change the flight date to 5 of July. There's three hours gap this time so transfer won't be a problem any more (and it's fully operated by SAS).

I'd like to thank you all for helpful replies again and I hope someone will use knowledge stored in this tread
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
Dear all,
I got to a transfer of 45 minutes from a flight from Oslo to Amsterdam via Cop. I was wondering, do you think that is enough time to get my check-in luggage onto the following flight, let alone myself?

Sincerely,

SB
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:28 pm

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Dear all,
I got to a transfer of 45 minutes from a flight from Oslo to Amsterdam via Cop. I was wondering, do you think that is enough time to get my check-in luggage onto the following flight, let alone myself?

Sincerely,

SB
Yes

Your flights will most likely arrive and depart from the B gates. Even if they don't, 45 min is still plenty of time for a schengen to schengen transfer. No customs, passport or security check to pass through.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Singapore to SAS transfer in CPH?

Sorry to drudge up this old thread but I have a similar question. I'm flying tonight on Singapore airlines from sin to cph and connecting to a sas flight from cph to ams. Due to a flight time change by sas a while back I now have a 50 min connection (arrival 725am departure 815am). I was told by the sq checkin agent in sin that I should have plenty of time as the Singapore flight arrives in T3 which is the same departure terminal as the sas flight and I will not have to go through passport control or security in cph. Just simply transfer to my other gate. Is this correct?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
You will have to go through passport control as you enter Schengen. No security though.

You will arrive at C gates and probably leave from B gates. It's hardly more than a 10 mins walk from gate to gate.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
50 min at CPH is plenty of time even for a transfer to a C gate and Schengen passport control. You will be fine - don't worry.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
Ok I guess I'm not as worried as I was before! Thanks for the quick responses.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Question re short CPH connection time for passengers and luggage

My wife and I might take a trip on SK that involves a 55 minute connection time in CPH in mid-September, possibly traveling in business class. I'm feeling fairly confident about this connection, based on previous threads here. But none of the threads are recent, so I thought I would check. This would be the itinerary:

SK 1568 on a A320
Depart:CDG @ 06:10 (Sep 9)
Arrive:CPH @ 07:50 (Sep 9)1.7 hour flight

SK 777 on a A321
Depart:CPH @ 08:45 (Sep 9)
Arrive:ATH @ 13:00 (Sep 9)3.3 hour flight

(And then on to Crete:

A3 336 on a A320
Depart:ATH @ 16:10 (Sep 9)
Arrive:CHQ @ 17:00 (Sep 9)0.8 hour flight)

The other consideration here involves luggage. We would be traveling light enough so that we would just have carry-ons for inter-continental flights earlier in the trip, but realize that they might be too large for SK within Europe. Does SK allow gate checking, so that we drop off and pick them up at the planes at CDG and CPH? Or would we have to check them all the way to ATH...in which case, how likely is it that the luggage would make the 55 minute connection?

I know that there is no guarantee, but does the 55 minutes seem like a pretty safe connection for ourselves and our luggage? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Mar 26, 2014 at 12:22 pm
Old Mar 26, 2014, 12:23 pm

Question re short CPH connection time

Should be okay. Gate to gate you won't need more than 15 minutes.

The A320 overhead bins are pretty big, but even if they won't fit you can gate check the luggage or just check all bags in CDG.

I would either check the bags all the way or carry then all the way. If you check them in they would most probably make the connection if you do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.