Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connections in Copenhagen (CPH)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
So no security check going to any of the piers, just the passport check. Have a 60-minute connection off the IAD flight onward to AMS.
Yes, only a brief passport check - usually also very quick and efficient in CPH. This together with short ways (compared to AMS, FRA, CDG or LHR) makes connecting in CPH quite nice in my opinion.
Old May 7, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
My experience connecting from a TG flight at CPH last month: When you arrive at a C gate from a non-Schengen country, you need to pass security check in the C terminal IF you make a transfer at CPH.

After walking from the gates towards the main area of terminal C, connecting pax turn right for security check before proceeding to immigration/passport control - pax with CPH as destination take the left lane for passport control and luggage. Waiting times at this security check are acceptable; 5-10 min max.
Old May 7, 2014, 4:11 am

Not to be offensive but you're sure you didn't get lost? I regular arrive in C gates to CPH and never ever had to exit the airside zone and do another security clearing - just exit the same passport check point you use for entering the C gate wing.

Which C gate did you arrive?
Old May 7, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: SAS
If you arrive from the US you don´t have to go through another security check when you make a connection at CPH.

See previous thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...ivals-cph.html
Old May 7, 2014, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I didn't realise/know that exceptions are made for US flights.

The flights I refer to are TG and SQ flights from Asia which usually arrives at gates C20-C40. I am not talking about the D gates. I'm sure it is the same for other long haul flights arriving at CPH.

(and no, I didn't get lost; just followed the stream of people walking from the a/c )
Old May 7, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fassy
...and never ever had to exit the airside zone and do another security clearing
I'm not talking about exiting the airside zone and pass the main security check after check-in. If you only exit at CPH (rather than doing a transfer) you will never notice the security check for connecting pax in the C gates.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
I'm not talking about exiting the airside zone and pass the main security check after check-in. If you only exit at CPH (rather than doing a transfer) you will never notice the security check for connecting pax in the C gates.
That is the point - there is no security check "for connecting pax in the C gates". Only a passport control - which is a different one than the direct exit one which from time to time is not staffed and you need to take the other one anyway.

Security Check != Passport Control/Immigration
Old May 7, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Yes, Asian transfers have to go through extra security, bot not US flights (I can't recall what happens for AC arrivals)
Old May 7, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Gold
Thanks! I decided to book a 50 minute connectioon one direction and the 60 minute in the opposite.

As a side question, any seat advice for someone traveling solo in C? I have not found much there except that Row 1 may have issues with the curtain on the aisle and the window seats may be tighter because of the fuselage taper.

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2014, 1:02 pm

I like row 2 to 5 D and E. In the middle you won't be bothered by the one next to you getting up or have to take care you're disturbing anyone by getting out of your seat.
Old May 8, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
In April I had a 55 min CPH connection in my inbound NRT-CPH-HEL itinerary which turned to be 30 min as my flight was late. I made it to my connection after security check and passport control. I was a bit stressed as last time at CPH was 10 years ago for me, but connecting flight gate was near. I would not made it at FRA.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:05 am

Concerned I won't make the 45 minute connection at Copenhagen. Newbie

Hello,

I am flying with SAS in a few weeks from Birmingham to Gothenburg, with a 45 minute connection in between at Copenhagen. I am flying on the Thursday evening arriving eventually in Gothenburg at 23:35. It is very important I make it to Gothenburg at this time as I need to be in the city centre by midday Friday to pick up some keys before the weekend.

I have to change planes at Copenhagen. According to the website, the minimum transfer time in Copenhagen is 40 minutes (http://www.cph.dk/en/before-travelli...nection-Times/)

I will have to go through passport control but no security as I am flying from an EU country (http://www.cph.dk/en/before-travelli...e-information/).

This shows the punctuality of the flight, it varies a lot of setting off and landing on time. I am meant to takeoff from Birmingham at 19:15 and land at 22:00 in Copenhagen. http://uk.flightaware.com/live/fligh...815Z/EGBB/EKCH

What are your thoughts? Thanks

Last edited by HelloThere123; Jul 17, 2014 at 6:36 am
Old Jul 17, 2014, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Assuming you're travelling on a single ticket sold as BHX-GOT, then it's a legal connection. if you should miss the last flight of the day from CPH-GOT, they will put you up for the night and put you on SK434 departing at 08:30 the following morning.

If you are not travelling on a single ticket, but have bought BHX-CPH and CPH-GOT separately, they will not be required to help you should you miss your connection. In that event, I would advise buying a ticket for the Öresundståg, which will get you from Copenhagen Airport to Gothenburg in 3h30m and in plenty of time to pick up your keys at Friday lunchtime. In this event, having missed your CPH-GOT flight on a separately-booked return CPH-GOT-CPH ticket, then you will also have lost the return CPH-GOT segment.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:14 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
If you on the same ticket stock then do not be scared as they will simply put you on the next flight. From my experience I find the flights in Europe never as full as the ones in the states. If you don't want to miss the flight see if you can move your seats ahead and hope for the best.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Assuming you're travelling on a single ticket sold as BHX-GOT, then it's a legal connection. if you should miss the last flight of the day from CPH-GOT, they will put you up for the night and put you on SK434 departing at 08:30 the following morning.

If you are not travelling on a single ticket, but have bought BHX-CPH and CPH-GOT separately, they will not be required to help you should you miss your connection. In that event, I would advise buying a ticket for the Öresundståg, which will get you from Copenhagen Airport to Gothenburg in 3h30m and in plenty of time to pick up your keys at Friday lunchtime. In this event, having missed your CPH-GOT flight on a separately-booked return CPH-GOT-CPH ticket, then you will also have lost the return CPH-GOT segment.
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
If you on the same ticket stock then do not be scared as they will simply put you on the next flight. From my experience I find the flights in Europe never as full as the ones in the states. If you don't want to miss the flight see if you can move your seats ahead and hope for the best.
Thank you both for you help. I bought the ticket through KAYAk.com and specified I wanted a return from Birmingham to Gothenburg, so I think my tickets were not bought seperately even though I will need seperate tickets for each flight.

I liked the idea to get the train if all goes badly although I would have to pay for that myself and I would miss my reservation for the hotel I have booked at Landvetter Airport (Gothenburg) on the Thursday evening. Would I be compensated for this?

Finally, and most importantly, if I miss the connection, I need to get on that 8:30 Friday morning plane as any after that will mean I won't have time to be able to pick up my keys (I need to get them by 3pm). I am travelling by myself, but what chance do you think I have of getting a seat on that flight, or will it be full being a morning flight?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.