FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1562003-mileage-run-deals-eb-diamond-hunters-3-0-4-5-cpm.html)

gakke Mar 20, 14 11:45 am

Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm

If you are getting close to EBD and need some points, there are some good deals out there. As always, it helps getting 25% extra as gold:Dmember.

Flights with SAS

Find a same day flight like CPH-BCN in Flex like this one that stops in OSL both ways:

CPH-OSL-BCN 24/04/14 1212 kr
BCN-OSL-CPH 24/04/14 1186 kr

+ 30 kr

Total of 2428 dkk or $448. EDG members get a total of 12500 bonus points which is 3.6 cpm. (4.5 cpm if not gold)

For those that have more time and/or want more adventure, here is a trip with 3.0 cpm (3,2 cpm if not gold):

Booked on United.com

Nov. 18, 2014 to Nov. 24, 2014| Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH) to Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Depart:
7:00 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)

Arrive:
8:45 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)

Depart:
1:15 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014

Arrive:
4:55 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Depart:
9:00 a.m.
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Arrive:
5:19 p.m.
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)

Depart:
6:40 p.m.
Mon., Nov. 24, 2014
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)

Arrive:
8:40 a.m. +1 Day
Tue., Nov. 25, 2014

Depart:
9:30 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 25, 2014

Arrive:
11:15 a.m.
Tue., Nov. 25, 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)

A total of 16850 bonus points for $513

This works from ARN, and from OSL (less miles). Make sure that the connecting flight in Europe is with SAS. All economy fights with UA and SK are all 100% points-:)

fassy Mar 20, 14 4:28 pm

I think CPH-MAD is a great route, e.g. $353 in Plus on 7th May. It will earn 10.000 points so also 3.52cpm in Gold.

Departure 8:20 and return to CPH at 16:20.

The $353 is available on a lot of dates according to ITA Matrix.

erwiol Mar 21, 14 5:02 pm

CPH-LAX will not bring you much closer to EBD. Only SK metal counts for EBD.

fassy Mar 21, 14 5:47 pm

Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm

No, according to the rules published you're wrong. The 'only SK metal counts' is about qualifying by 100 segments - if you want to quality by miles flown you can do this one every other Star Alliance airline as long as the booking class gives you points on EuroBonus.

erwiol Mar 22, 14 6:05 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 22566179)
No, according to the rules published you're wrong. The 'only SK metal counts' is about qualifying by 100 segments - if you want to quality by miles flown you can do this one every other Star Alliance airline as long as the booking class gives you points on EuroBonus.

Well, I can personally confirm that is not how it works. I have way above 100k points both last qualification period and last 12 months but SAS have confirmed I will stay EBG as it is below 100k on SK metal. "They hope they can invite me some time in the future... bla bla bla".

sohb Mar 22, 14 6:14 am

I highly doubt this is the reality, as current rules allow for any base points earned counts towards status, and since EBD haven´t even been introduced yet I don´t understand why they would even decline it to you in advance.

Originally Posted by erwiol (Post 22567913)
Well, I can personally confirm that is not how it works. I have way above 100k points both last qualification period and last 12 months but SAS have confirmed I will stay EBG as it is below 100k on SK metal. "They hope they can invite me some time in the future... bla bla bla".

erwiol Mar 22, 14 6:35 am

Originally Posted by sohb (Post 22567940)
I highly doubt this is the reality, as current rules allow for any base points earned counts towards status, and since EBD haven´t even been introduced yet I don´t understand why they would even decline it to you in advance.

Well, again, I'm just stating what I know. You might find it hard to understand and I might agree with you - but still - I'm just reporting on the facts.

I received information in the mail as I believe everyone else have. I know several people who have received their confirmation as EBD from April and my letter stated that I would stay EBG. The program, benefits, qualification rules and everything was introduced several weeks back so I don't find this strange. (However, "the New Eurobonus" is not actually "active" before April.)

The information brochure that followed along with the info letter stated with very small letters in the bottom that 100k points was SK and Widerøe only.

I do agree that the SAS web site is ambigous when saying "et nytt medlemsnivå for deg som reiser minst 50 t/r-reiser med SAS og Widerøe eller opptjener 100 000 Grunnpoeng i løpet av et år. " I agree this gives the impression it's 50 return trips with SAS/Widerøe -OR- 100.000 K EB points (no matter carrier).

My guess is that there is confusion even inside Eurobonus about this - but the fact that I can confirm both more than 100K points the last 12 months and my last qualification period suggests that what is actually entered into the computer as qualification rules is 100 r/t -or- 100K points on SK metal.

Edit: An admin should probably split this thread as it's moving way off topic :) Sorry about that.

fassy Mar 23, 14 2:09 am

I think you are wrong. I can't tell yet since my qualification year ended in October so I have to rack up the 100 this year. But the same T&Cs are stated for Gold or Silver levels and for Gold it most certainly works to qualify by 50k points on any *A airline, I guess you miss two requirements:

Are you sure you had 100k BASIC(!) points in this qualification period and that this period ended not before February?

They said they will upgrade all who end their year in February with more then 100k basic point from April 1st. Some colleagues got the letter saying "Welcome to EBD" and most certainly do not fly 100+ segments or 100k points on SK metal only.

So, only if you cannot say "Yes" to both conditions it explains why you got the "you will stay Gold" letter, same I got with ~200k points - but as I said, I got it since my period ended too early for EB2.0.

FFlash Mar 23, 14 2:48 am

[B]Fassy[B],

With your mileage I wonder if you should be Pandion? Whatever, to follow the rules in your case is not good customer sense (to my perception). If I were SAS manager I would turn you Diamond immediately.

another_shot Mar 23, 14 3:25 am

I have less than 100 sectors and less than 100k on SK metal - got mine EBD email no problem.

CPH-Flyer Mar 23, 14 3:59 am

I got my EBD with 140K or so, but only 40K or so are on SK. So no problem in getting the Star Alliance miles to count for EBD. Only the sectors have to be SK or Widerö.

fassy Mar 23, 14 4:54 am

Originally Posted by FFlash (Post 22571733)
[B]Fassy[B],

With your mileage I wonder if you should be Pandion? Whatever, to follow the rules in your case is not good customer sense (to my perception). If I were SAS manager I would turn you Diamond immediately.

I fly really a lot but in Europe and Nordics mostly economy. For longhaul in C my company books other carriers since they don't see why we should pay double the fare for saving 4 hours travel time and have a weak hard product.

Also the limited network outside of Nordics/Europe make it difficult.

So I collect large number of miles on LH, LX, OS, UA, SA, ANA etc. Not sure how it will develop with the LH group flights - might switch over even more to UA, AC or ANA.

Nevertheless - I don't have enough revenue on SAS for Pandion ;)

I will try to talk to customer services but I'm pretty close anyway as I have a RTW route in April.

ScandiGB Mar 23, 14 5:01 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 22566179)

Do you have more than 100k basic points in your current qualification period?

If not, then that is why.

Peter

CPH-Flyer Mar 23, 14 5:11 am

Originally Posted by erwiol (Post 22567913)

When does your qualifying year run to and from?

erwiol Mar 23, 14 5:47 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 22571671)
Are you sure you had 100k BASIC(!) points in this qualification period and that this period ended not before February?

They said they will upgrade all who end their year in February with more then 100k basic point from April 1st. Some colleagues got the letter saying "Welcome to EBD" and most certainly do not fly 100+ segments or 100k points on SK metal only.

So, only if you cannot say "Yes" to both conditions it explains why you got the "you will stay Gold" letter, same I got with ~200k points - but as I said, I got it since my period ended too early for EB2.0.

BASIC points, yes. Extra points was more than double that.

My qualification period runs from Oct - Sep. So what you are saying is that it's "too early" for SAS so no matter how many points you had in your last qualification period or in the last 12 months you won't get EBD if the qualification period ended before FEB 2014?