FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1562003-mileage-run-deals-eb-diamond-hunters-3-0-4-5-cpm.html)

fassy Mar 23, 2014 6:01 am

Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm

Yes, exactly. Stupid if you ask me, but they have to make a cutoff somewhere.

ScandiGB Mar 23, 2014 7:17 am

Originally Posted by erwiol (Post 22572125)
BASIC points, yes. Extra points was more than double that.

My qualification period runs from Oct - Sep. So what you are saying is that it's "too early" for SAS so no matter how many points you had in your last qualification period or in the last 12 months you won't get EBD if the qualification period ended before FEB 2014?

In that case when you make 100,000 basic points since Oct 2013 they will make you diamond.

My year starts in January and they have confirmed to me that this is the case. It is irrelevant that in the first 3 months of the year I have made 60k points, ltm is at 160,000 and last year was approx 120,000 for the year.

Only this period counts unless you qualifies with a period ending in February or March.

In think it is anything but rewarding loyal customers but rules are pretty clear.

Peter

SK2751 Mar 23, 2014 8:17 am

I have also made slightly more than 100K until October 2013, and I am not EBD. I do not have a big problem with it, since they did not take anything from me that they promised. They promised EBG, and this is what I still have.

Correction: actually my qualification period finished in August. I confused with the validity period of EB cards.

erwiol Mar 24, 2014 7:59 am

Originally Posted by fassy (Post 22572161)
Yes, exactly. Stupid if you ask me, but they have to make a cutoff somewhere.

I find it very strange that the cutoff is in the middle of the year. EBD member ship numbers will then start quite low and increase to double digits within 12 months from launch when they do it this way. (Maybe that's what they are looking for; create "press release material" on growth and how successful the new level is.)

However, I don't spend too many calories on it. Can't say the possibility to give away a EBG card makes EBD something I would be point hunting for. If this is the case, both trips and EB points no matter metal counts, then I will qualify eventually anyways but I can't say it's something I see any obvious benefits qualifying for.

CPH-Flyer Mar 24, 2014 9:16 am

Originally Posted by erwiol (Post 22577776)
I find it very

If this is the case, both trips and EB points no matter metal counts, then I will qualify eventually anyways but I can't say it's something I see any obvious benefits qualifying for.

For points all basic points counts towards qualification, for segments only SK and Wideroe. So basically no change in the concept from EBG qualification, only the double the numbers required.

ScandiGB Mar 24, 2014 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by erwiol (Post 22577776)
I find it very strange that the cutoff is in the middle of the year. ... I can't say it's something I see any obvious benefits qualifying for.

Yup. Kind of odd to potentially anger very loyal customers. It is however how they are doing it.
To me the only two real benefits are:
1. Yet to be detailed better reward availability
2. Soft landing to EBG

clifford79 Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

Originally Posted by gakke (Post 22558314)
Depart:
1:15 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)

Arrive:
4:55 p.m.
Tue., Nov. 18, 2014
Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
All economy fights with UA and SK are all 100% points-:)

This flight is operated by LX, so depending on the booking class you might end up with less than 100% EB points.

gakke Mar 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by clifford79 (Post 22591303)
This flight is operated by LX, so depending on the booking class you might end up with less than 100% EB points.

You're correct. Try this one.

From 2,746 DKK

Depart: 07:00 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)
Arrive: 08:45 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Flight Time: 1 hr 45 mn Distance: 590 miles Flight: UA6955
Operated by SAS Scandinavian Airlines System.
Aircraft: Airbus A319
Fare Class: Economy (K)

Change Planes. Connect time in Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) is 1 hour 35 minutes.

Depart: 10:20 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Arrive: 13:45 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Flight Time: 9 hr 25 mn Distance: 3,946 miles Flight: UA135
Aircraft: Boeing 767-400ER
Fare Class: United Economy (K)

Change Planes. Connect time in New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) is 3 hours 15 minutes.

Depart: 17:00 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)
Arrive: 19:54 Tue., 18 Nov., 2014 Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Flight Time: 5 hr 54 mn
Travel Time: 21 hr 54 mn Distance: 2,454 miles Total Distance: 6,990 miles Flight: UA1721
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Fare Class: United Economy (K)

diesel2k Mar 31, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks for the information. I just booked a CPH-OSL-BCN-OSL-CPH which will give me 10.000 Eurobonus points. This will bring me to gold! I got it April 29th for the price of 2426 dkr.

When booking on SAS website it still states as silver I will get 15% bonus, is that a mistake? Or do you still get bonus if you book before April 1st when the bonus goes away.

fassy Mar 31, 2014 11:07 am

Mileage Run Deals for EB diamond hunters 3.0 to 4.5 cpm

I suppose you won't get the extra 15% for EBS everything is possible looking at all the SAS IT glitches.

AirportGeekCPH Mar 31, 2014 11:10 am

That is a really good question.

I have 4 reservations made before April 1st with departure dates between mid April and mid August. It would have been nice if SAS were to honor the benefit (15% point bonus) for those flights but I doubt it. IT wise, would be quite a task to implement another layer of rules (booking date on top of membership level) but I guess they could confer with their friends at United who keep changing their rules on baggage allowance and have to honor old prices for old reservations :p

I don't think the off season lounge access is a fair replacement for the 15% point bonus but that is probably how they will pitch it - we take away your point bonus right away and give you lounge access right away... or in July :rolleyes:

studentCPH Mar 31, 2014 11:28 am

They did give me points for a trip from SIN to CPH because of their broken milage calculator, out of "good-will" (that comment made me even more upset), so you can try your luck with the same reason if it doesn't credit 15% extra.
I'll obtain silver next month, and will make another booking before tomorrow, which the milage calculator will also show as giving 15% extra when I turn silver, but I guess this makes my chances even smaller of getting 15% extra points for that booking :P