Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS EuroBonus Connect app

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
New SAS EuroBonus Connect app

SAS is launching a new EuroBonus Connect app developed by Zaark.

I've Google translated a text by Jacob Molin:
Once logged works EuroBonus Connect pretty much like a regular phone with a phone where you are looking for the person they want to call. After you 've found the right person, press the phone button to dial or button with a pen and paper to send a message through the instant messaging service, which is a kind of chat and messaging.

In practical use the app to the phone's own phonebook. The app captures all registered phone numbers in your phone and match these with the registry EuroBonus Connect. If a phone number is in the phone and EuroBonus Connect directory (linked to a registered user ), this person up with the name of the app. In this way, both the app and look forward colleagues, family and acquaintances but also ensure some privacy when the app does not show the names of members is not known.

Any thoughts on the new app?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: SAS EBG, EK Gold, GF Gold, CC Gold, BW Diamond, Scandic 3rd Floor
So it costs points to call other people? Never gonna use it then...
Old Mar 18, 2014, 6:45 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
The flyertalk connect app would cost USD per minute while rewarding callers with points per minute and bonus points for calls over 10 minutes
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:35 pm

... I"m for once out of words ...

Really? In times of Skype, Line and x other free (and probably better) voice call apps?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Carlson Gold
I have no idea why SAS is doing this Euroconnect thing. There are so many alternatives. Why would I use a SAS app to make simple voip calls?

I would rather use, skype, viper, facetime, hangouts etc.

Hopefully SAS did not spend to much money on this, because it will be a huge FAIL
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:11 pm

I think it's free, if the other user also has the Connect app (as with the top contact). It only costs for calls to regular phones, just like Skype out calls that also cost money
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by saidtezel
I think it's free, if the other user also has the Connect app (as with the top contact). It only costs for calls to regular phones, just like Skype out calls that also cost money
That would be how I interpret the image as well. It would be interesting to know who hosts the service in terms of server power, if it SK themselves this must be a pretty significant investment. And I think it is going to fail to be honest...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Okay, so this is Flyertalk...how can I earn points from this? Oh, they want me to pay with miles to connect with people I likely already know!

Last edited by livious; Mar 24, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:36 am

Unique offering

The EuroBonus Connect app is provided by Zaark, a Stockholm based development company. Zaark operates the service for SAS EuroBonus using the global server/network infrastructure that Zaark has installed.

EuroBonus members can download the app for free from AppStore/Google Play and log in using their EuroBonus credentials. Calls (messaging will be introduced shortly) between EuroBonus members are free but requires WiFi or data connectivity.

Calls to regular phones (landlines and mobiles around the world) are offered at rates that are up to 35% cheaper than e.g. Skype. However, unlike e.g Skype EuroBonus Connect does not charge any connection fees making the price advantage even greater.

EuroBonus Connect offers members exceptional calling rates combined with the option to pay using bonus points making it unique and offering EuroBonus members a real value add.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
When is the Windows Phone version made?

SB
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by strikerbird
When is the Windows Phone version made?

SB
EDIT: Wrong App I pointed to :-)

Hi,

This was released a couple of weeks ago.

LINK: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...d-e213d53e65f3

Br,
Henrik

Last edited by herro; Jun 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm Reason: Wrong app :-)
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Seems quite uninteresting.

And when I downloaded it some weeks ago, none of my friends (of which many has a EB acount) was "free" to call. Maybe I was starting too fast.

But I noticed, that it will cost 3 points pr. minute to call SAS customer support!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.