Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Cash+Points tickets can be a good deal

Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:38 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
FYI - if you buy a ticket with cash/points combo, you cannot try for Optiontown grade. (See Optiontown thread for my report.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 3:56 am

Programs: sas eurobonus
Does a cash+points ticket also count as a segment for status?
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Yes, they do.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:00 am

Programs: sas eurobonus
Good to know, thx fassy
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is C+P only available on SAS operated flights or on all *A flights?
Old May 1, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by vd0t
Is C+P only available on SAS operated flights or on all *A flights?
SK and WF flights.
Old May 1, 2014, 2:25 am

I don't see an option to book with C+P when I do a search on SAS's website. Could it be because I don't have enough points?
Old May 1, 2014, 5:17 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
I don't see an option to book with C+P when I do a search on SAS's website. Could it be because I don't have enough points?
You need to "book with points" and then choice "best availability".
Old May 1, 2014, 12:25 pm

Got it. There doesn't seem to be any great deals with C+P though. Am I missing something?

When should one use C+P over just paying with cash or points alone? Obviously, aside from not having enough points to cover an award ticket.
Old May 5, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Got it. There doesn't seem to be any great deals with C+P though. Am I missing something?

When should one use C+P over just paying with cash or points alone? Obviously, aside from not having enough points to cover an award ticket.
Deals come and go...

Like said in my first posting opening this thread or the posting on the first page about CPH-SFO there are deals which are good deals. Not sure how much changed now with EB2.0, hadn't the time to play around with the fares too much.
Old May 5, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: EBG (SK*G), HH Diamond

You earn points towards status and the availability is the same as with normal tickets and the point price is fixed, even during the high seasons. So in essence you can get a ticket that normally costs ~8000DKK to the US for 84.000 points (if you're EBD). On top of that you earn around 10000 points. Compared to the 60.000 points an award ticket costs (with very limited availability, I think that it's a great feature. A basic member will most likely never be able to afford the ticket in points, but will be able to spend whatever points they obtained instead of paying cash. I know a lot of people who earn like 5000-10000 points a year, but will never earn enough points for ex. an award ticket to the US.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I wanted to bump this thread for any recent experiences, anyone?

I was looking for long-haul options with p+c and found two weird things:

1) The headline on the booking engine said (in Finnish, so this is my translation, dunno what it says on swe/eng page) "book with points and cash......No points accrual." But then the points calculator says how many points you will earn for the p+c tix. ?????? No accrual? Must be a glitch statement.

2) I found some attractive options, searching first for one person only. Then I changed to 2 pax for my spouse, and the cash portion did not double, it 5-7 multiplied!!????
Old Sep 25, 2014, 3:31 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG, LH SEN
I am using a c+p tickets tomorrow. I hope to report if accrual worked.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

worked for me a couple of weeks back
Old Sep 26, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Took xxx-cph-ord return in C for Ms another_shot for 140k points and she got normal EBG points posted into her account, so the deal is not bad at all considering classic award C seats were never really there before unless you book ages in advance

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.