FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Only one flight per day April 19 2014 from CDG-CPH/ARN/OSL? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1535164-only-one-flight-per-day-april-19-2014-cdg-cph-arn-osl.html)

tide Dec 27, 2013 10:46 am

Only one flight per day April 19 2014 from CDG-CPH/ARN/OSL?

I cannot seem to access the timetable on the SAS website (error)

Did a search on ITA and it appears there's only one flight departing CDG for either CPH or OSL or ARN on April 19, 2014. All the flights roughly 8pm departure from CDG. Is this correct? Only one flight per day on Saturday April 19? Does anybody know why? Easter Sunday itself shows 3 flights CDG-CPH

A search for Saturday flights a week before and after reveal multiple flights/day.

fassy Dec 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Same on the SAS booking system... quite strange.

SK2751 Dec 27, 2013 1:58 pm

I'd speculate that this is due to Easter. I am seeing quite a lot of irregularities in SK schedule around bigger holidays (even on local holidays on one end of the connection) and on vacation days. I started noticing it about a year ago. I think they are optimizing schedule for demand.

John in the tower Dec 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Only one flight per day April 19 2014 from CDG-CPH/ARN/OSL?

Its totally normal being easter-saturday.

Passmethesickbag Dec 27, 2013 8:27 pm

AF doesn't seem to think so.

SK2751 Dec 28, 2013 2:18 am

Then fly AF. What's the problem?

Tango Alpha Dec 30, 2013 3:34 am

As stated: not unusual. This Saturday is very low in traffic. Business-traffic is close to zero in the middle of those many bank holidays, and Scandinavian leisure-travelers prefer to go in either end of the vacation – and I guess all Norwegians are busy with their påskaften at home.

This also means that the ticket fares in Europe are generally very low this day compared to the rest of Easter. And availability high – e.g. I just got award tickets FCO-CPH that Saturday.

So from an operator’s point of view: reduce capacity.

ksu Dec 31, 2013 1:08 pm

Easter important in Scandinavia

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag (Post 22038221)
AF doesn't seem to think so.

Remember that legacy airlines tend to adjust their holiday schedules to their home markets. Easter is a much more important holiday in Scandinavia than in the rest of Europe. Both Good Friday and Easter Monday are holidays in all of Scandinavia, and in Norway Maundy Thursday is a holiday as well (Norwegians living close to Sweden tend to go there for shopping and partying due to this). Most Norwegians work half day on the Wednesday before, and the schools have all week off.

Thus Easter Saturday is a very slow day for travelling in/to/from Scandinavia.