Wiki Posts
Search

Changing Award Tickets?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Changing Award Tickets?

Hi all,

I have an award booking CPH-NRT-CPH in for two I seats coming up next year.

My problem:

It could be that my company will relocate me from South Sweden to Stockholm or Gotenborg in the next couple of month prior to my vacation.

Is it possible to change the ticket to include e.g. ARN->CPH and CPH->ARN segments?

I know I could just call SAS and ask for them but I would like to hear of some expiriences before. The T&C say: "Rebooking is, provided the points are still valid, allowed up to one (1) working day before the offer in question must be used (expired points cannot be reused)."

So I guess it should be safe just to wait for a possible relocation and then rebook the flight to include a new start-/destination airport?

What would be the costs? I wouldn't care if it costs some fee but if they want additional 40k or 60k points I would hardly call it fair as an inital booking ARN->CPH->NRT->CPH->ARN would have cost the same 140k* as CPH->NRT->CPH.

* or in my case 70k since I used the AMEX offer

Thanks,
fassy
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:26 am
mha

I've added a leg to an existing award reservation specifically on the Amex offer three times in three years. It's always been fine, but it's always been adding a domestic leg (for example adding GOT-ARN to a trip to ORD). I have been told by customer service it can't be done, but that's been the case of agent roulette and been taken care of when I called back the next day.

It only cost me the additional airport taxes.

It might be different for an international leg, but I think feeder flights to CPH are included - they normally are on awards.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:38 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Changes are suppose to come with an 150NOK fee, which is why I usually cancel/rebook if availability is there (which in your case it probarly won't).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.