Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
The drinks situation only applies to the return. This is the smallest effort that SK makes to permit people having a chance to sleep on an overnight. I personally perceive this as a positive thing, the less carts and clinging bottles on a nightlight the better.

No comments on LN-RKP still being in service, especially on 11h flights.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
The drinks situation only applies to the return. This is the smallest effort that SK makes to permit people having a chance to sleep on an overnight. I personally perceive this as a positive thing, the less carts and clinging bottles on a nightlight the better.

No comments on LN-RKP still being in service, especially on 11h flights.
Actually the same announcement was made on the outbound ARN-LAX as well. It surprised me as the cabin was only half-full.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LN-RKU (A330E) seems to be aog hence the renaissance of RKP....
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Uh oh, LN-RKP is on its way from CPH to ARN to help out operate the EWR rotation today...

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ln-rkp
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: SAS EBG, HHonors Diamond, AirBerlin Gold, etc
Got friends on today's ARN-EWR flight, I spent ages talking up the virtues of Y+, the new interiors and picked them good seats. A part of me died on the inside when I saw the equipment change.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:46 am

Just saw LN-RKP move back into CPH.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I received 10k EB-points as compensation (as Star gold / EBB) after having flown this aircraft. I sent them a letter outlining what worked well (like some crew really nice) and what didn't.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:09 am
THN

Seems like we need a sticky post on this forum "The adventures of the ugly duckling - aka LN-RKP"
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by THN
Seems like we need a sticky post on this forum "The adventures of the ugly duckling - aka LN-RKP"
No need for that. Just have a look at the following link (or put that into the wiki): https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ln-rkp

LN-RKP is currently heading to PVG.

Svantevit
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Given that SK has had this bird in the fleet for more than 4 years, why did they never bother retrofitting it? It seems like they could have gotten some mileage out of doing so. I'm not sure if there is fleet planning that means they are going to downsize their A340 fleet, but it seems kind of ridiculous that they would bring this bird into the fleet a while ago and not do anything with it to keep it consistent with the rest of the retrofitted A340s.
James91 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Given that SK has had this bird in the fleet for more than 4 years, why did they never bother retrofitting it? It seems like they could have gotten some mileage out of doing so. I'm not sure if there is fleet planning that means they are going to downsize their A340 fleet, but it seems kind of ridiculous that they would bring this bird into the fleet a while ago and not do anything with it to keep it consistent with the rest of the retrofitted A340s.
Initially it was meant as a backup plane to increase the reliability of the schedule. And while it probably flies fairly regularly it does seem to fly less than the other frames do.

At first it was a treat for the business class passengers to get this one, as the other planes were still on the old cabin with slanted seats .

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Mar 3, 2018 at 3:20 am
Old Mar 3, 2018, 12:37 am

And its probably a part of a deal with Airbus for the purchase of A330E/A359 some time ago. It basically covers the schedule to make up for the delay in A359 deliveries.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 9:37 am

I'm flying ORD-CPH in late July in J with 2 young kids... I'm trying not to be obsessive about monitoring this bird, but I REALLY don't want to get stuck with it.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
Originally Posted by slaman
I'm flying ORD-CPH in late July in J with 2 young kids... I'm trying not to be obsessive about monitoring this bird, but I REALLY don't want to get stuck with it.
Unfortunately ORD has been getting the majority of the LN-RKP service for the last year or so. Good luck
Old Apr 12, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: SK, A3, QR
So in connection with a purchase of 50 A320NEOS announced earlier this week, today it was also revealed that SK has made an order for a new A330-300E with delivery (already) in spring 2019. According to the couple of articles I've read, the plane is meant to replace LN-RKP, which will be phased out.

Here from Danish aviation press:

https://www.check-in.dk/sas-bestille...ngdistancefly/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.