Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Angry Just found out i am on the OLD 340 tomorrow ANY TIPS? SUGGESTIONS?

I just found out i am flying LN-KRP the old 340 from ORD to CPH. What a bunch of BS!!!!

I wouldnt have expected this from SAS.

What am in for? i am really upset. any suggestions on what to do on the flight or what to watch out for?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by feysul
I just found out i am flying LN-KRP the old 340 from ORD to CPH. What a bunch of BS!!!!

What am in for? i am really upset. any suggestions on what to do on the flight or what to watch out for?
Guess it depends on the ticket class you booked.....
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
How stupid of me. You are absolutely correct

I booked Business Class
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: KL Platinum, SAS Silver
biz class is supposed to be ok on it. trip report here: Test: SAS' nye Airbus A340 ? med full flat-sæder i Business Class - BusinessClass.dk
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: More than one
Personally I have no problem with Business on the old bird. The seats are the old SK business seats which are almost lie flat. I sleep fine in them, even you have someone next to you.
The biggest miss for me is no internet, but since you are flying night it will probably not be a big miss.
feysul likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
When travelling alone in the 2-2-2 arrangement, I find it best to sit in the middle so as to have direct aisle access without anyone climbing over me
feysul likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
Personally I have no problem with Business on the old bird. The seats are the old SK business seats which are almost lie flat. I sleep fine in them, even you have someone next to you.
The biggest miss for me is no internet, but since you are flying night it will probably not be a big miss.
No they are not the old SK seats. They are the old LAN Chile seats. And they go full flat. In business it is not too bad Where you get really short changed is in Plus, which is actually the old SK Plus seats..

You should probably stock up on movies or series on your computer or tablet The IFE is often a tablet with limited selection. The main system is usually not in operation.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:42 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
LN-RKP

Originally Posted by feysul

It's actually LN-RKP, not LN-KRP.

I'm a bit concrned myself that SAS is starting to use this A/C on ORD-CPH. I'm booked in Plus (with Plusgrade request to C) in a couple of weeks'time, so I would be quite disappointed if I were to stay in Plus on that bird.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:56 am
aju

Programs: SK Diamond *G
I flew the LN-RKP a short trip ARN-CPH in may due to a switcharound of aircrafts (earlier flight got cancelled and LN-RKP was standing by - so they could handle both flights on one plane, a practical enough solution).

Short-haul, this is an upgrade for me flying Plus. However, I hope I'll never fly it long haul. The armrest fell down if you gave it a teeny bit of weight, so I switched seats - same problem there. Power plugs didn't work. One panel by the seat had loosened and exposed wires.

For myself, I fly Business class on long haul due to direct aisle access. I don't want people to step over me or have to step over other people.

Note, other people have gotten compensation for being put on this plane, so you might reach out after your trip. You can of course also attempt a re-route, explain that this is _not_ at all the business class you were expecting. I would attach a screenshot of the SAS website where they claim "new business class on all flights" (don't remember where) etc. But.. if you need to fly at that time, then you'll simply have to accept it.. and try to mentally shift to accept it as well. I would suggest:
  1. Focus on the in-flight service rather than seat
  2. If there's something (substantial) with your seat, notify the staff and request a change
  3. Try to get a seat with nobody besides you. Check eurobonusexpert.com to watch for reservations, and proactively swap seats (try to avoid actually checking in to the flight so you can change seats up until you arrive at the airport)
  4. Try to take it with good humour. Problems do happen on flights, and if you try to have a positive look at it, your flight _will_ be better.
  5. Don't blame the staff on the flight, or be rude to them. They just fly as they have been assigned. By all means, say "sorry, but by seat is a bit wonky - can I please switch?", but don't blame them personally for it.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ksu
It's actually LN-RKP, not LN-KRP.

I'm a bit concrned myself that SAS is starting to use this A/C on ORD-CPH. I'm booked in Plus (with Plusgrade request to C) in a couple of weeks'time, so I would be quite disappointed if I were to stay in Plus on that bird.
LK-RKS went tech Monday last week in EWR. It got ferried to DUB yesterday. No info on the problem or when it will be back in service.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by aju
  1. (try to avoid actually checking in to the flight so you can change seats up until you arrive at the airport)
??? I always check-in early to get the seat I want, and I have never had trouble changing the seat right up till boarding closes. This works both online and in the app.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
No they are not the old SK seats. They are the old LAN Chile seats. And they go full flat.
Technically you are right, but as far as I remember they were the same model as the old SK business seats, and that was what I meant with my statement. Just couldn't remember whether they were full flat or only 170 degrees or something like that.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Technically you are right, but as far as I remember they were the same model as the old SK business seats, and that was what I meant with my statement. Just couldn't remember whether they were full flat or only 170 degrees or something like that.
They are not the same model as the old SK seats Unless you only count that they are in a 2-2-2 configuration.

Funny story is still that when this plane joined the SK fleet it was a bonus to get it when flying J, as it was the only plane with full flat seats. Though Plus was an even bigger loss back then, as that was just standard economy seats. Since no significant refurbs have been done since then, it must be truly getting old and worn in the cabins. It was not new when it arrived
Old Sep 10, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I am sorry to let you know that your memory fails you on this one.. These are full-flat, ex-LAN Chile seats and not old angled lie-flat SK seats. They are still, as many others have pointed out, arranged in a 2-2-2 config.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
LK-RKS went tech Monday last week in EWR. It got ferried to DUB yesterday. No info on the problem or when it will be back in service.
It left DUB last night for ARN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.