Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:13 am

Seems they use LN-RKP all the time now -takes part of normal rotation and not on any single LH route: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/LNRKP
I have high hopes for my upcoming NRT trip
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:12 am

So, any experience how they handle SAS Plus?

Just downgrade to Economy?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: EBG, M&M SEN, FB Gold
Originally Posted by fassy

AFAIK and have seen there is a SAS Plus section. It is SAS Go seats with just more room for the legs and then the SAS Plus service.

Br,
HerrO
Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by fassy

Just stepped of the plane - and unfortunately I was in SAS plus.

Standard economy seats with a little extra leg room. And food/drink according to plus catering. And the kicker - They haven't installed the IFE yet this we were informed about 5 min before boarding.

I feel a letter to SK customer care coming up.

Svantevit
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Svantevit

Standard economy seats with a little extra leg room. And food/drink according to plus catering. And the kicker - They haven't installed the IFE yet this we were informed about 5 min before boarding.

Svantevit
Was there not a mention on businessclass.se that the benefit for Go passengers would be AVOD? But still not in use?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:49 am

Svantevit
I certainly hope SAS will offer some compensation?
Old Apr 8, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: SK-EBD

Svantevit
Yoy should write, of course. It believe it is a big difference. But, officially, SAS don't think so:

"We cant change the width of the seats, but we can as far as possible try to place our customers, so there is a vacant seat at their side. We believe that customers should have an understanding of, as there is not such a large difference in the product in terms of what we offer on the other long-haul planes," says head of press Trine Kromann-Mikkelsen from SAS Denmark to CHECK-IN.dk.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Yoy should write, of course. It believe it is a big difference. But, officially, SAS don't think so:

"We cant change the width of the seats, but we can as far as possible try to place our customers, so there is a vacant seat at their side. We believe that customers should have an understanding of, as there is not such a large difference in the product in terms of what we offer on the other long-haul planes," says head of press Trine Kromann-Mikkelsen from SAS Denmark to CHECK-IN.dk.
What a load of marketing BS. If there is not that much difference in the product then how come they ask for so much more money ?? Please give me back the difference between Go and Plus then if you feel this is true.

And free seat next to you ? The plane was fully loaded in Plus with every seat taken. They even upgraded the guy next to me from Go to Plus just to ensure that I did not have a vacent seat next to me.

Svantevit.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 3:29 pm

The difference... sounds like intra-european - an open bar and the flexibility that comes with the Plus ticket.
If you were upgraded (OT or by points), I suppose all you got was the open bar
Old Apr 9, 2014, 4:51 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What a load of marketing BS. If there is not that much difference in the product then how come they ask for so much more money ?? .
I think this is the key of customer experience. I, for example, value most the seating comfort, whereas I can give away everything else strictly speaking. This means that when I invest quite a bit more to get a PLUS seat, I would be very pissed off as well. Likewise, if I am selecting my long-haul flight based on a certain lie-flat seat and get instead a swapped old angled seat, I feel like I have wasted the money.
OTC, someone would not care that much about the seat, but is very picky on food, the width of a smile of an attendant, acknowledging his/her majesty, etc.
Old May 13, 2014, 3:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone have any experience with talking to SAS about this? I did an optiontown upgrade 3 months before the flight and just learned about this 1.5 weeks before the flight. It makes no sense to do the Plus upgrade now...
Old May 13, 2014, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by thearmada
Anyone have any experience with talking to SAS about this? I did an optiontown upgrade 3 months before the flight and just learned about this 1.5 weeks before the flight. It makes no sense to do the Plus upgrade now...

Svantevit
I have now gotten the reply from SK customer care.

The first reply came after about 1.5 weeks. They basicly told me that SAS Plus was considered a combined product and therefore no compensation . The missing IFE was compensated with 5.000 points.

I then wrote them a new letter (somewhat stronger worded) and told them that if they felt that an economy seat, economy food and economy drinks was considered as an enhanced product worth the considerable price difference, then a) they were not trustworthy and b) I would reconsider my commitment to SK.

Two days letter I got an reply saying that they had just changed their stand on this and that I would get 15.000 points in compensation and their appologies ^. Points credited at the same time.

I consider this case close for my part.

Svantevit
Old May 13, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Good for you. I guess business seat in this aircraft is a decent product?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: SK Diamond, DL Gold
LN-RKP precautionary landing at KEF, 10 Aug

I was on LN-RKP on the CPH-ORD run a few weeks ago, when we had to make a precautionary landing in Keflavik. The pilot said a temperature sensor in one of the landing gear wells was reading very high and increasing.

We dropped from cruise altitude to about 7K pretty quickly, then he deployed the gear. We flew with the gear out, 7000 feet, groundspeed on the display reading 350 mph (so with a headwind, probably around 350 kt), for about 30 min before landing at Keflavik. They had the rescue helicopter in the air at KEF when we landed, and a greeting party of fire trucks.

Spent overnight at a hotel in Reykjavik after a long delay on the runway and in the terminal. Four hours of sleep and we were back in the air on LN-RKP in the morning - apparently it was a failed sensor, which they replaced overnight.

Anyone else on that flight, or had similar experiences?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: EB, M&M, FB, Matmid, HH, Bonvoy
yes, I was on the CPH-KEF-ORD plane as well... Quite a detour. I ended up at the Grand in Reykjavik, but I decided to grab a cab to get there, since the buses organized by SAS were filling up very slowly...

I was not to happy for the delays at the airport back then, but now I have to admit that with no SAS personnel there, to find hotel and transportation for 250+ people on a Sunday evening is not very easy, and to the best of my knowledge we didn't strand anyone in Reykjavik!

And yes, business class is good, but apparently the crew hates that there are two small galleys, compared to the normal SAS config. And of course no windows in the bathrooms!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.