Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LN-RKP ferried from Chile to Toulouse [merged non-retrofitted A340 thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
LN-RKP has already done some flights in Europe:
http://www.flightradar24.com/reg/lnrkp
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Possibly LN-RKP, read this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...oulouse-2.html
Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:50 pm

I've read through this thread, to include the article -- in Danish -- about the newly leased plane. I am still, however, unclear if there will be SAS Plus seating on this aircraft. The postings seem to point to SAS maintaining the same layout as used by LAN when they leased the aircraft, but they have no premium economy product. It is very confusing.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 2:26 pm

The plane was parked at one of the B gates at CPH this late afternoon - so still doing European runs.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
The plane was parked at one of the B gates at CPH this late afternoon - so still doing European runs.
It is mainly supposed to be a back up planes, right? So they might as well use it for back up other places than IC as well. While it is probably an expensive substitution to send to Munich (or wherever) it is probably cheaper than having it completely idle.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:32 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I suspect the aircraft will be needed to operate the summer schedule eff 31MAR and is idle right now.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Diamond
Does anyone know what European runs LN-RKP will be doing in the until it starts long haul? Seems like it's only been going to Rome and Stockholm (from CPH of course).
Old Mar 26, 2014, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It would make sense for the FRI and SUN run to/from LHR...
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Currently enroute to IAD.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Currently enroute to IAD.
Thanks for the update. Let's hope someone on board can comment on the layout, etc.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:39 pm

Tomorrow march 28th LN-RKP seems to operate CPH-ORD as SK943.
My seat has been changed and when looking at the cabin config it seemed a bit odd, M starting at row 16!

Edit: and now the flight is changed back to a 333 as usual...

Last edited by marwei; Mar 27, 2014 at 3:47 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 3:52 pm

One A340 has have same config. as the A330s.
The "new" A340 ex-LAN LN-RKP has different seats then all the other planes. Good if you are flying SAS Business, fully flat seats, and SAS GO, better legroom. Bad if you are flying SAS Plus. Seated 2-4-2 instead of 2-3-2. If you check the seats in SAS Plus and the seating is 2-4-2 you know your are booked on LN-RKP.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by TheEagle
One A340 has have same config. as the A330s.
The "new" A340 ex-LAN LN-RKP has different seats then all the other planes. Good if you are flying SAS Business, fully flat seats, and SAS GO, better legroom. Bad if you are flying SAS Plus. Seated 2-4-2 instead of 2-3-2. If you check the seats in SAS Plus and the seating is 2-4-2 you know your are booked on LN-RKP.
Thanks for the info. So it sounds like SAS Plus on this bird is no different than SAS Go. Maybe more legroom, but otherwise the same seat? Does anyone know? I'm also curious if there's a seatmap out there. I'd be curious as to the pitch and width details for the various seats.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 2:17 am

There's a pretty good overview of the plane over on businessclass.se. In short, it's the same seat in Plus, but with extra legroom.

I have an OT upgrade to Plus pending on what looks to be this plane on monday. Not sure it's that much of an upgrade anymore.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by gylf
There's a pretty good overview of the plane over on businessclass.se. In short, it's the same seat in Plus, but with extra legroom.

I have an OT upgrade to Plus pending on what looks to be this plane on monday. Not sure it's that much of an upgrade anymore.
Thank you very much for the link to the article. It answers my questions. My reservation is showing that this plane will be used on flights to IAD, at least in August. That seems to contradict what's in the article. When I look at the seat map, I see the first three rows of Economy has blocked, which leads me to suspect they're putting it up as a option, but in all likelihood they'll use a "standard" SAS a340 for the DC route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.